2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

12 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

O’Hara is playing out of position … … he is not a defensive midfield player and I think we miss his presence in the opposition box when he is allowed to push on a bit 

I agree. I think he's doing a decent defensive mid role but would like to see him pushed up.   Adding a defensive mid player would help. 

20 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

O’Hara is playing out of position … … he is not a defensive midfield player and I think we miss his presence in the opposition box when he is allowed to push on a bit 

This presence In the opposition box you speak of... when has it ever been present?

42 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Sad seeing a youth player being sent out on loan instead of getting a chance....but.....if intention is to give him season of experience then bring him back to first team I will cut Robbo some slack

With no reserve league, getting our youngsters proper competitive and consistent game time seems like a good option.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Sad seeing a youth player being sent out on loan instead of getting a chance....but.....if intention is to give him season of experience then bring him back to first team I will cut Robbo some slack

He is OOC at the end of the season and isnt fancied at all by Robbo as he clearly hasnt got the required background in the English National League North Division 3! This is an extended job interview for him. Hopefully it pays off and he gets a decent move in the summer

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Is he good enough for a chance? Or does he need first team experience at a lower level first?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

A loan signing from Livingston after scraping past a part-time team on penalties.

"Go for it Alan, that'll really get them all back on side....."

I admittedly know absolutely nothing of Robbie Crawford!

Go for it Alan so yer telling us it's Burrows that making the signings and not Robinson,then we really are in bother 

4 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

I'm not sure what this guy can do that Semple and Cornelius can't. He has played 1 game this season. Who's keeping him out of the Livi team? 

He's played more first team games and from the description he's more of a Donnelly type player.

(I don't even remember him seeing him play so no idea how good he is)

Really really poor signing. ANOTHER Livingston reserve? If I was Cornelius or Maguire Id be disgusted at that and be on the phone to my agent to engineer a move anywhere else. What a slap in the face for whats left of our Academy!

Guess that also means Campbell is crocked?!

• Haha 1

The same posters on this forum who moan about us signing people from down south and not from Scottish teams, will be the same ones moaning about us signing someone from a Scottish club. 

I'm all for giving our youth a chance but what margin of error will they have in a team lacking in confidence quite badly at the moment? As soon as any mistakes are made, they’ll be savaged by the usual suspects here in no time. 

Crawford at least has first team games under his belt at a level neither Cornelius and Semple have so far

• Like 2

Just now, steelboy said:

Barry Maguire isn't good enough. 

I've never seen Crawford play but given how good Lamie and White are I'm sure our third Livi reject will slide right in.

That isnt the point tho. What is Barry Maguire doing at the club if the Manager has no intention of playing him? And how do You know that anyway? In most cameos he has looked pretty decent, but has never been given a chance.  

Its different if its a decent signing who can improve the team and build the club. But a panic loan for a Livingston reserve player is a slap in the face for guys who are actually contracted to our club and desperate for a chance to prove themselves

Fuck me. This is a complete joke. No harm to the guy, I’m sure he’s pleasant and all that but Christ almighty, we need quality, experience and leadership and we’re bringing in a loan from Livi?

Seriously, what is going on? Hapoel must be shitin themselves 

5 minutes ago, Shaka said:

That isnt the point tho. What is Barry Maguire doing at the club if the Manager has no intention of playing him? And how do You know that anyway? In most cameos he has looked pretty decent, but has never been given a chance.  

Its different if its a decent signing who can improve the team and build the club. But a panic loan for a Livingston reserve player is a slap in the face for guys who are actually contracted to our club and desperate for a chance to prove themselves

This is a fair point and Barry maguire is a good example - he's 22 and been around the first team for 4 or 5 years. If he's not good enough (and I'm not saying that's the case), then the management should have been looking to move him on by now, for the sake of his own career, let alone the club. If he is good enough then he's waited long enough for a chance and now is it.

As it happens I suspect Barry will start at the weekend and Crawford is brought in for back up to allow semple to stay out on loan and perhaps cornelius out on loan too - regular competitive games for half a season will do these lads more good than sitting on our bench.