2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, Ped_MFC said:

The back page of The Sun reporting we have opened talks with Allan Campbell as we could lose him for 'buttons'.

(Saw it on the BBC Gossip page online, I didn't buy The Sun, honest!).

Not really a story, club carrying out its business as normal, Campbell one of the names in the process.

Make Allan our highest paid player and add clause where any offer of over 3 million needs to be at least considered.   We have no debt, got money from DT sale and made 750k already from Europa League.  Yes we need to be careful due to covid as no doubt finance tight but we are in a stronger position than a lot of clubs. If Allan doesn't sign then it's not due to us being tight and I would wish him all the best...COYW

^ factor in James Scott sale, Kipre sell on and third place last season, we must have absolute chunks in the bank at the moment.

I would imagine our offer for Campbell is generous but reasonable, given that there is a small-ish chance of relegation this season given the start we've made. Not that I think we will be anywhere near relegation this year, but we've got to be practical.

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

Hopefully Campbell will be similar To Turnbull to deal With in that he will sign to help the club get a decent transfer fee knowing that we won’t stand in his way when a decent offer comes in for him. 

Campbell has already extended his contract twice with the club to ensure ( the club he supports ) does not loose out.

I don’t think anyone could object complain if the boy got a good pay day way beyond anything that the club could realistically afford.

Stoke are owned by one of the richest women in Britain and a move there would put his wage in the region of £10K - £12K per week minim

I don’t have a problem offering Campbell improved terms making him one of the highest earners. However I don’t agree that we should be offering silly money. No one player is bigger than a club and there are further tough times ahead.

• Like 1

This is frustrating, but I'm not sure how much we can do to prevent this. We can't pay anything like the money these teams can, and our setup isn't close. The best we can do is show a clear path to the first team, but even then they can prob make Motherwell first team money in these English academies. 

44 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If we're not playing any youth games for the foreseeable future the boy would be mad not to head south. 

You don't know him nor do I. Not every youngster wants to leave home and move hundreds of miles away from their family and friends at 16 or 17.  Not every youngster is solely driven by money at that age. Some will be aware that the chances of making the grade at a club like Liverpool is very slim indeed.

23 hours ago, wellwell91 said:

Campbell has already extended his contract twice with the club to ensure ( the club he supports ) does not loose out.

Actually, he’s a Boyhood Rangers fan. Said that at one of the Q&As. Doesn’t stop him from giving his all though or mean that he doesn’t care about Motherwell. 

18 minutes ago, alanos said:

Actually, he’s a Boyhood Rangers fan. Said that at one of the Q&As. Doesn’t stop him from giving his all though or mean that he doesn’t care about Motherwell. 

He had an interview before the Scottish Cup Final where he said he met the 1991 team, heard their stories and what it meant to the town back then. Essentially Campbell said he'd love to emulate what they done for the club he supports and mentioned his season ticket for the East Stand. Wonder if he changed allegiance at some point.