2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

25 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don't think we do. If we do have other keepers on the books they won't be match fit nor will they be older than about 16 but there are others who know the youth set up better than me, who are better placed to answer your question.

If no other keepers then I am happy to put my hand up and say club has made correct decision.  With both on short term contracts then competition for Jersey could work out for us

Archer certainly has pedigree. Not the best goalkeeper Ive ever seen play for Scotland, but you would think if he is fit he should have more than enough to see him by in the SPL. Certainly enough to keep Chapman on his toes....

Goalkeeper is a unique position. One that you enerally don't change unless you have to. Chapman has possession of the jersey, but only by the most tenuous of margins ( sixty minutes or so). Still, he did nothing wrong on debut so I would be tempted to start with him. Longer term, a decision will have to be made by the manager. Important that he gets it right as the difference that a good goalie can make to the whole team's performance is significant.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ropy said:

In the future, or this week.  Does he need some settling time, match fitness time?

I doubt there is much difference between him and big Chapman.

If Chapman had pulled off three great saves last week i'd say keep him in. What actually happened was we cleared three off the line. Go with pedigree and experience,

22 hours ago, steelboy said:

We'll see how Chapman does but he didn't inspire huge confidence last week. 

I think Archer is probably the better goalie and I think will probably get in a some point, but Chapman really hasnt had anything to deal with that would lead me to agree with you there......

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would make sense for Dec and O'Donnell to stay with us until the end of the season, as they are both guaranteed first team football at Fir Park. Unfortunately, that would likely mean they eventually leave for free, but still good pieces of businesses for all parties.

If there aren't any offers for Gallagher in the next window, however, the footballing world has lost the plot.

Is Gallacher's deal up in the summer? That's a blow, he's definitely moving on to a Championship club down south, someone would definitely take a gamble on him with no fee and low wages for the Championship.

I think O'Donnell will stay to June just to guarantee himself games to get to the Euros and get a move in the summer.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, The African said:

Are we talking a fee?

Pre-Contract, but are hopeful of an early transfer. If they agree to take him, Im sure there will be a queue outside Fir Park of cars happy to take him south. One of the worst footballers Ive ever seen, fast as fuck but literally zero football skill

24 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Pre-Contract, but are hopeful of an early transfer. If they agree to take him, Im sure there will be a queue outside Fir Park of cars happy to take him south. One of the worst footballers Ive ever seen, fast as fuck but literally zero football skill

QoS though.