2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

10 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Are you saying both players to be irreplaceable?

As we did with Campbell, those behind need the opportunity to flourish. Versatility isn’t always the answer.

Recruitment this summer has been done to death on here of late & with plenty of merit, certain amount of trust needs to offered regardless who may be in charge.

On our radar and in our budget? Its going to be tough. Then again we plucked aldred from nowhere so what do I know. 

I'd rather not find out, put it that way. Unless we get offered silly money, I'd much rather we focus on strengthening rather than chasing our tails for a few quid. But i suspect at least gallagher will be away.

4 hours ago, mfc88 said:

On our radar and in our budget? Its going to be tough. Then again we plucked aldred from nowhere so what do I know. 

I'd rather not find out, put it that way. Unless we get offered silly money, I'd much rather we focus on strengthening rather than chasing our tails for a few quid. But i suspect at least gallagher will be away.

Unfortunately, on both your points that’s club ethos. Nobody said it wouldn’t be tough - replacing an international defender like for like isn’t happening, doesn’t mean irreplaceable - granted, evidence not great this year, that’s where we trust they get outlook & recruitment correct.

Outside of Celtic, I’m not sure Gallagher will favour a move away that may impact on his Euro’s place.

Tin hat on maybe, both players haven’t performed in weeks either & contributed to poor displays without criticism.

45 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Tin hat on maybe, both players haven’t performed in weeks either & contributed to poor displays without criticism.

I rate both players, but you're right. For whatever reason, neither Campbell nor Gallagher have been playing well recently. 

3 hours ago, Stevie73 said:

What about Ben Heneghan back to fir park, see he is at Wimbledon and only played a handful of games.

Is he injured,  as was a decent big player, he would be a great partner for big Dec. Good loan prospect.

I thought he had only recently signed for Wimbledon.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I rate both players, but you're right. For whatever reason, neither Campbell nor Gallagher have been playing well recently. 

both were excellent for Scotland and the U21's which calls out how important formation and other players around them are.  We don't have a settled defence , continue to play 5 at the back (3 of which not many fans rate)

We continue to get out battled in a 3 man midfield. 

I believe their lack of form is down to a formation that's not working and also highlights you need more than 2 -3 decent players in your team.   

https://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/preston-north-end/preston-striker-louis-moult-has-light-end-tunnel-his-recovery-serious-knee-injury-3061949

Would be happy to get him in on loan even a half fit Moult would add some quality up front with Lang being recalled but I doubt Preston would want to risk another injury. 

23 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Gallagher has certainly been effected by those around him at Motherwell. Put him next to someone like Aldred and he’d be back to his best very quickly, same with Campbell.

I agree with that,I don't know if being made captain has had a bearing on gallagher this season but I'm sure the two bombscares he's had to play beside have had an impact on his form.campbell i thought was decent earlier in the season but nowhere near his best but he's looked way off it the last few games.

22 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Unfortunately, on both your points that’s club ethos. Nobody said it wouldn’t be tough - replacing an international defender like for like isn’t happening, doesn’t mean irreplaceable - granted, evidence not great this year, that’s where we trust they get outlook & recruitment correct.

Outside of Celtic, I’m not sure Gallagher will favour a move away that may impact on his Euro’s place.

100% correct on player performance...campbell in particular has been every bit as shite as the rest

6 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

100% correct on player performance...campbell in particular has been every bit as shite as the rest

But it took him a lot longer to get there. Like every other player, you need your mates around you pulling their weight. If he had some help I think he’d back back performing like we expect. 

3 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

But it took him a lot longer to get there. Like every other player, you need your mates around you pulling their weight. If he had some help I think he’d back back performing like we expect. 

agree - we started relying on him to both break up attacks and then become some sort of creative force to drive us forward.  Too much on  his shoulders.   

In my opinion I feel we should look at Alan Lithgow of Livingston. Him and Gallagher played together at Livingston. He's solid fast and dependable.peolle have slated Crawford I feel he adds a spark to the team that we are missing the now. He wants to be part of every break going forward and wants to be the first to break it down. I would also look at Danny Rowe from oldam, 6ft 1 can score goals and not getting much game time

1 hour ago, Andrew160588 said:

In my opinion I feel we should look at Alan Lithgow of Livingston. Him and Gallagher played together at Livingston. He's solid fast and dependable.peolle have slated Crawford I feel he adds a spark to the team that we are missing the now. He wants to be part of every break going forward and wants to be the first to break it down. I would also look at Danny Rowe from oldam, 6ft 1 can score goals and not getting much game time

Well I've just came home no drink, driving family around and I see this post. Alan "The Flasher" Lithgow who is injured and possibly out the game through it. Surely you've been on the sherry and due to your comment I need alcohol. 

10 minutes ago, johnstone said:

May already have been mentioned on here, but Jason Cummings and Ross Stewart are rumoured to be coming in.

personally I would like to see Greg Stewart at Motherwell. Not getting a game for Rangers.

One of my best mates is good pals with Jason Cummings and a load of the Hibs/ex-Hibs boys. I'll ask if he's heard anything.