2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Could see Greg Stewart, hes 30, not getting a game, and I think his contract is up in June. Ross not so much, I think county are expecting a decent fee for him. 

Cummings looks to be going the way of Tony Watt with his moves not quote panning out, maybe we're his level. 

I have to assume we're close to arranging some outgoings too, outside of Lang going back to Wigan. Maybe ending the Hastie loan. 

Stewart is one of those players that seems to "always score" but when you look at his stats only has 34 league goals to his name since his professional debut in 2016. And 12 of those were for Albion Rovers in League One,  and another 7 for Alloa in League One.

17 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Stewart is one of those players that seems to "always score" but when you look at his stats only has 34 league goals to his name since his professional debut in 2016. And 12 of those were for Albion Rovers in League One,  and another 7 for Alloa in League One.

Ross County fans don’t seem hugely bothered if anyone leaves them, as you say he’s not exactly prolific.

17 minutes ago, mfc said:

I can see ross stewart ending up at aberdeen and they will flog cosgrove,cummings is decent at our level but comes across as absolute bampot,I'm not sure i would be touching him.

I want to see what our media team would do wi Cummings after his carry on wrestling Grado in his pants while at Hibs

11 minutes ago, ropy said:

We would turn Ross Stewart into Alex Fisher, I would stay clear.

Fisher had scored 51 league goals in 10 years, and about 40 of those were League Two level (or Conference) and below. We didn't exactly waste his ability; he just didn't arrive with much.

23 hours ago, johnstone said:

May already have been mentioned on here, but Jason Cummings and Ross Stewart are rumoured to be coming in.

personally I would like to see Greg Stewart at Motherwell. Not getting a game for Rangers.

Jason Cummings has talent and bags of confidence but much like Watt, I would question his attitude. However, given than Robinson has managed to get into Watts head and keep him focused, it would certainly be an interesting signing.

Ross Stewart is an interesting one too. He has always impressed me any time we have played County, so I would be surprised they would be willing to let him go. I see his contract is up in May though, so maybe he was already going to sign a pre contract and we have been able to tempt them with Seedorf and White!

Edit: Of course, there was talk that Polworth wanted back north.....

wow, if thats the level of player we are going for then I think we are definitely favourites for the drop never mind 10th spot. Totally and utterly underwhelming.

Stewart is just the same size and type of player as White. Cummings is a mixture of Long and Watt's style of play, as for his celebration :banghead:

Both are well out of form goals wise and I don't see how they improve on what we have already despite most of them being shit (Lang and Watt exceptions just for work rate alone). Are they coming just to raise confidence a bit??

I would be happy to see every other forward player and so called wingers leave the club in January as none have proven they have what it takes to play at this level.

I'm guessing we are going to be late to the transfer window party now until we tie down a new gaffer. That's also going to make punting the dead wood a bit more difficult as new managers tend to want to assess what they have before making drastic changes. (Unless someone from the club takes over until end of season).

5 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Jason Cummings has talent and bags of confidence but much like Watt, I would question his attitude. However, given than Robinson has managed to get into Watts head and keep him focused, it would certainly be an interesting signing.

Ross Stewart is an interesting one too. He has always impressed me any time we have played County, so I would be surprised they would be willing to let him go. I see his contract is up in May though, so maybe he was already going to sign a pre contract and we have been able to tempt them with Seedorf and White!

Edit: Of course, there was talk that Polworth wanted back north.....

for polworth see sore back vigurs

Polworth was reported to be in the cream puff early in the season as Turnbull was getting a game ahead of him. To be honest his effort when he got back in the team suggests he's never really snapped out of it. Even if he decides he finally wants to try a leg for the rest of the season I'd be more than happy to see him move on at the end of his contract this summer. 

Not exactly one that can be relied on when the going getting tough. 

1 minute ago, C&A not the shop said:

With so much going on with Robinson chucking it ive not heard anything about Carson? How concerned are we there?  Are we looking at a new keeper in January?

Was thinking the same thing. The only bright side to this is that he played on for a spell and then walked off. Fingers crossed its not serious. He's been through enough. 

• Like 1