2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Has Dec actually said he wants to leave? I may have missed it elsewhere but the Record article only mentions "a source close to the player". By their usual standards of credibility, that could apply to one of their journos that lives in Blantyre.

Hypothetical situation - Gallagher is now free to discuss terms with other clubs due to being in last 6 months of his contract. What happens if he signs a pre-contract, and then triggers the renewal clause in his current contract? 

5 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Has Dec actually said he wants to leave? I may have missed it elsewhere but the Record article only mentions "a source close to the player". By their usual standards of credibility, that could apply to one of their journos that lives in Blantyre.

Hypothetical situation - Gallagher is now free to discuss terms with other clubs due to being in last 6 months of his contract. What happens if he signs a pre-contract, and then triggers the renewal clause in his current contract? 

Suppose it all depends on the terms of the renewal clause. Is it a mutual thing that needs to be agreed by both parties or can the club/player trigger it independently.

In theory the club might be able to hold him to another year but why keep a player who doesn’t want to be here (if true)

20 minutes ago, gee said:

If Carson is out for a while it’s another experienced leader we’re down. 

Hopefully our additions have that quality, which is harder to find in loan signings. 

See Hearts are willing to let Zlamal go, could be an option to get us through Carson injury.

Not quite getting Gillespie back but I could see it happening.

So as per the Club tweet, Jordan Archer has left to join Middlesboro? So he WAS still at the club last weekend? That right there (if true) is why Keith Lasley shouldnt even be interviewed for the job! We had a good, competent keeper sitting in the stand and played that fucking bombscare instead??

• Haha 1

Just now, Shaka said:

So as per the Club tweet, Jordan Archer has left to join Middlesboro? So he WAS still at the club last weekend? That right there (if true) is why Keith Lasley shouldnt even be interviewed for the job! We had a good, competent keeper sitting in the stand and played that fucking bombscare instead??

I presume Archer knew he was away and the deal was done so I suspect he made himself  unavailable as per instructions from Middlesbrough not wanting to risk any Injury to the player before he got there,  so I will give Las the benefit of tbe doubt on that one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Kelly was excellent for Livi so I have no problems if we sign him

Yes he was. On paper a good signing. At Livingston though he played behind a huge defence. Should be an upgrade on Chapman and Archer. I can only assume that Carson's latest injury is reasonably serious.

4 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Liam Kelly was excellent for Livi so I have no problems if we sign him

Kelly would solve our goalkeeping headache,I would be more than happy to have him until the end of the season.him in and chapman out would be a good start to what will hopefully be a busy january.

1 hour ago, Stu92 said:

If the source close to Gallagher is a journalist just stirring it, you'd wonder how they knew the details of that clause in his contract. If it doesn't actually exist, mibbe he'd feel the need to say something about it. If.

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

If the source close to Gallagher is a journalist just stirring it, you'd wonder how they knew the details of that clause in his contract. If it doesn't actually exist, mibbe he'd feel the need to say something about it. If.

Exactly, a lot of ifs. My point being that an unnamed source in the DR is as reliable as my mate's pal's buddy's friend. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

8 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Exactly, a lot of ifs. My point being that an unnamed source in the DR is as reliable as my mate's pal's buddy's friend. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

True. And he could quite easily tell us it's bollocks. IF he wants to. We'll see soon enough.

3 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I'd assume the source close to Gallacher is his agent, and he's just sounding out other clubs/trying to get things moving by citing this clause.

If his agent can get him a move to Celtic off the back of his performances this season then he deserves every penny of that commission.

• Like 1

A bit surprised to see St Mirren have signed Eamon Brophy from Kilmarnock on a pre contact. 

30 odd goals in 100 appearances for Killie. Nearly a goal in every 3 games (don’t think we’ve got anyone near these figures ?)

I know he played for Accies, but think he could have done a turn for us. 

Surely he’s the sort of player we should be looking at as opposed to some of the dross we’ve been subjected to recently ?