2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

I think it’s like every manager the scouts have there list of players the recruitment team and manager work together and I’m sure the manager will have his own list of players, both go watch games etc. With regards to new managers they usually have a few players they bring in with them, and their choices of how to improve the squad and then work with the recruitment team to identify new players.

22 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

He's not really kicked a ball for us for some weeks now. We could always do as we've done at times in the past of course in simialr circumstances; give him a cut of the fee/excess fee. He'd have to up his game in return of course.

He's definitely not been at his best but if you look at our recent matches he's still the guy that been closest to scoring a goal.

Afteer yesterday's game I haven't changed my opinion on what we need. A central defender, a central midfielder, at least one winger and a main striker. Thats a minimum of 4 players assuming that Hastie leaves. Not fussed about Crawford - squad player at best. We'll need more if one or more if O'Donnell, Gallagher and Campbell leave. The midfield is woefully short of pace. The January window is not an easy one to bring players in and so decent quality short term loans would do me just now. The new management will, of course, have their own opinions. 

15 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Afteer yesterday's game I haven't changed my opinion on what we need. A central defender, a central midfielder, at least one winger and a main striker. Thats a minimum of 4 players assuming that Hastie leaves. Not fussed about Crawford - squad player at best. We'll need more if one or more if O'Donnell, Gallagher and Campbell leave. The midfield is woefully short of pace. The January window is not an easy one to bring players in and so decent quality short term loans would do me just now. The new management will, of course, have their own opinions. 

That’s what I think we need too for what it’s worth.  Being greedy, the midfielder should be able to create and run beyond the forwards to provide additional goal threat. Getting that within the parameters of our budget may prove to a challenge however

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

That’s what I think we need too for what it’s worth.  Being greedy, the midfielder should be able to create and run beyond the forwards to provide additional goal threat. Getting that within the parameters of our budget may prove to a challenge however

Although we’ve got the likes of Campbell, Polworth, O’Hara I still feel this season we lack quality, when Donnelly is back who knows but to get in a top loan player for 6 months who goes into that starting line up is a must for me. Striker who actually looks like scoring, commanding/ leader centre back, 1 or 2 wingers and a Right back if O’Donnell leaves.

36 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

and back to the old days by training 6 days, with double sessions  as in a mini pre season ,best way for the manager to sus  the players out and get them extra fit

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, smiddy said:

and back to the old days by training 6 days, with double sessions  as in a mini pre season ,best way for the manager to sus  the players out and get them extra fit

You must have been as fit as a butchers dug back in the day Smiddy 

After having a quick flick through this guy seems to fit the bill, of doesn’t score much, had potential but we could kickstart his career and managed by GA.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmanuel_Dieseruvwe
As we’ve seen previously with YouTube clips it means heehaw however having watched some he can actually strike a ball and put himself about for goals.

I'd be surprised to see more than 2 or 3 players max join this window, even if we were to lose a couple. Given the apparent divide in the dressing room and the known difficulties in getting quality players during January, I don't think half a dozen new faces mid-season is necessarily a good thing. Although I could be wrong.

21 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

I'd be surprised to see more than 2 or 3 players max join this window, even if we were to lose a couple. Given the apparent divide in the dressing room and the known difficulties in getting quality players during January, I don't think half a dozen new faces mid-season is necessarily a good thing. Although I could be wrong.

Think by the end of the week after GA has his cosy little chats with each player he’ll know who the bad eggs are. Whether he’ll have the funds to replace them or not is another matter. I would like to think we’ll see at least a couple of new faces. Hopefully a a couple of battle hardened absolute bastards who don’t take any prisoners on or off the field 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Very quiet on the transfer front not even a rumour ,had hoped we might have had a couple of new faces in for Sunday 

In his interview earlier this week he said he didn't think he'd have anyone new in by the Rangers game.

20 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Jackson Irvine signed for Hibs, that's a good signing. one that would have been well out our price bracket. were we not linked with him years back when he originally joined Ross county?

I'm not sure we can compete with Hibs on the wage front. They have much more cash to splash around than we do.

6 minutes ago, weeyin said:

In his interview earlier this week he said he didn't think he'd have anyone new in by the Rangers game.

I'm not sure we can compete with Hibs on the wage front. They have much more cash to splash around than we do.

aye, there is no way we can get anywhere near Hibs wages. I don't think Irvine and Cadden are like for like, Irvine more central from I remember as well middleeastdave