2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

9 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Nor sure why we would want a 32 year old who isn't getting a game for solihull. There must be better options.

Agreed, he is well past his best, not getting a game for a national league side says it all really,  plus GA punted him from Salford so I can't see him bringing  him in, money can be better spent elsewhere.

Reliable source. I agree as well though however he did sign for them in March but couldn’t play as the virus hit. It’s a pretty uninspiring signing for a 32 year old who was starting to fade at Aberdeen. Personally I’d prefer someone younger. However his scoring record speaks for itself and if he can come in and hit the ground running to take us up the league it’s fine by me. 

2 hours ago, Al B said:

Also, that side was being absolutely slaughtered by the fans. That Clyde game was the turning point for Higdon as well, up til that point in all fairness we hadnt quite worked out his game and how he fit in to the side, but before that fans wanted him run out the club. After the Clyde game we really kicked off on an upward turn.

We had taken 10 of 15 points from our opening 5 matches. 

The first game was trouncing ICT 3 nil with Lasley scoring a screamer and I remember being in a beer garden after it hearing that Any Winehouse was dead. There was also the game Hateley scored the free kick at Paisley to put us top.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I thought we were desperate for a player that scored goals? 

We needed players with pedigree and experience?

If we can get him on a 6 month or 18 month contract then I'd say its good business 

Bottom of the spfl playing utter pish, why would a player of pedigree and experience want to come to us. Rooney is the market we are in. 

16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

:lol: I’m on the quiet coach on the relegation express

Relegation looks a very distinct possibility , despite all the positive noises about St Mirren game and blaming Madden we were utter pish the second half and weve watched that script all season. Teams round about us picking up points while we still throw them away every week

We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the net and I’m hoping for someone with a record of a goal every two games, I believe Rooney is around one every three games so obviously not good enough.  I still believe the top strikers are queuing up at Fir Park as we speak.

42 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the net and I’m hoping for someone with a record of a goal every two games, I believe Rooney is around one every three games so obviously not good enough.  I still believe the top strikers are queuing up at Fir Park as we speak.

Not much chance of getting a 1 in 2 level striker at the best of times never mind sitting bottom of the league in January.  

We need someone that's going to come in and score 5 or 6 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Anything more than that would be a real coup.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not much chance of getting a 1 in 2 level striker at the best of times never mind sitting bottom of the league in January.  

We need someone that's going to come in and score 5 or 6 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Would also help if we could stop putting the ball in the net for the opposition most weeks.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I would say we have.zero chance.

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Bottom of the spfl playing utter pish, why would a player of pedigree and experience want to come to us. Rooney is the market we are in. 

I'm saying Rooney is a player of pedigree and experience, but still folk aren't happy.

Played a decent number of championship games, and loads of SPL experience. At 32 he shouldn't have fallen off a cliff from where he was 2 years ago and that was doing a good job for Aberdeen.

Much like Lawless, he's not exciting but he's proven he can do the business in this league.

24 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Don’t know anything bout this guy however he’s popped a few times in the last week or so that we’re interested in him. Could be one if the Rooney deal doesn’t happen it seems.

He's 6'5 and doesn't score many,I'm not sure he's what we're needing right now,surely it would mean white leaving if we did bring another target man in.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I know I have suggested before and been laughed at but why dont we ask Chelsea if Billy Gilmour was available on loan, yes I know answer probably no but hey if you don't ask.......

Has he not started playing first team football since he came back from injury? I'm sure I saw him last week in their Man City game..

10 hours ago, steelboy said:

The season isn't going to be called early.  We are probably past the peak of infections and the Premiership is returning 99.9% negative tests.

4500 people were admitted to hospital today for covid across the UK. That number is frightening. If that keeps up the health service will break, and the country will be on curfews and house arest. Fitbaw will be an afterthought.

You obviously can't judge folk off YouTube videos but in the comp that was going round a few days ago Smith looked a bit more mobile than some of the other lumps we've had up top recently. Despite his height he scored a decent variety of goals that I wouldn't expect someone like White or Blyth to even attempt.