2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Never in our recent history have we needed to spend money like we do now! Im not saying splurge half a million on somebody, but something like £100k - £150k on someone , maybe someone who is out of contract in June with a bit of pedigree and would bring even a little excitement. Thay could be the difference between safety & relegation. 

Im very worried now, we have had no new manager bounce and we have a bloated squad that still looks like there is something seriously wrong with it. We desperately need a right winger, a striker who can score & a central midfielder or we will be relegated.

No point the club crowing about profits and cash in the bank when we will be haemorraging cash next season in the Championship! 

I wouldnt even be against going to Rangers for more loans. We can get Hastie to fuck, but their other fringe players could do a major turn.

George Edmundson, Glenn Middleton, Greg Stewart & Jordan Jones are a billion times better than anything we currently have

10 minutes ago, Shaka said:

I wouldnt even be against going to Rangers for more loans. We can get Hastie to fuck, but their other fringe players could do a major turn.

George Edmundson, Glenn Middleton, Greg Stewart & Jordan Jones are a billion times better than anything we currently have

Don't talk shite, they are that good they are being whored  out to any club that will take them, none of them will get anywhere near the 1st team just like Hastie,  let them develop their own players, the less we have to do with the ugly sisters the better. We can develop our own players.

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Don't talk shite, they are that good they are being whored  out to any club that will take them, none of them will get anywhere near the 1st team just like Hastie,  let them develop their own players, the less we have to do with the ugly sisters the better. We can develop our own players.

Who exactly? We have NOBODY at the club we can develop. Weve literally sold anyone we had capable of controlling & passing a football. 

8 hours ago, Shaka said:

Who exactly? We have NOBODY at the club we can develop. Weve literally sold anyone we had capable of controlling & passing a football. 

Exactly and especially not in this time of the season, a 6 month loan of a player from the English prem would be ideal, relegation battle to throw in our youngsters who clearly aren’t good enough (or they’d be in the team by now) not a time just to throw them in. 

8 hours ago, Shaka said:

And your knowledge of them is what?

You’ll have seen Johnstone, only turn 17 recently being included in recent matchday squads & some social media content - usually an indication that bigger clubs are circling...

10 hours ago, Shaka said:

Dont know too much about first two, but stewart and jones are decent,  for sure

At least seedorf gets on the ball sometimes, hastie is just ineffectual. 

40 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Exactly and especially not in this time of the season, a 6 month loan of a player from the English prem would be ideal, relegation battle to throw in our youngsters who clearly aren’t good enough (or they’d be in the team by now) not a time just to throw them in. 

Merit in what you say about ‘not a time to just to throw them in’ but, ‘clearly aren’t good enough (or they’d be in the team by now)’ can be dismissed. There’s too many variables - many a month went by & Turnbull et all were kicking their heels...

14 hours ago, wellsince75 said:

we could pretty much replace the full mildfield  - some who create chances  for strikers 
strikers who can score 1 every 3 games
and replace much of the defence

Maguire's started 4 matches  in midfield this season and we won 2 of them.

In fact we haven't won since he last played there.

Polworth needs to be dropped as he is a complete liability in a relegation dog fight.  And no harm to Crawford but I just don't see what he adds.

I actually think the back 4 and goalkeeper, on paper at least, looks like the best part of our team.  14 matches this season we've conceded 1 goal or less.  We've conceded a lot less goals than Ross County or Hamilton.  The big issue for me, right from the start of the season, has been the lack of a goal scorer in the squad.

19 goals in 23 matches is the major problem. Then when you consider we had two big wins, 4-0 v Ross County and 3-0 v Aberdeen and that leaves 12 goals in 21 matches.  Horrific.  Our shooting stats are abysmal.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Onthefringes said:

And your knowledge of them is what?

You’ll have seen Johnstone, only turn 17 recently being included in recent matchday squads & some social media content - usually an indication that bigger clubs are circling...

There's the problem. We may have decent young guys at the club, but are we likely to get the chance to develop them into first team players before they're off?

Not that it matters when it comes to keeping us up this season. No sure how we can dismiss getting a short term fix from the Old Firm on the basis they might reap the benefit long term.

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Though it's hard to judge any forward too harshly with a non existent supply chain behind them.

That's an issue but not the whole story - how many chances have been missed by the strikers this season?

You could probably make a 'highlight' reel out of just Watt's misses alone.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again - not one of our strikers has any kind of goal scoring record throughout their careers.

You need a Moult, a Sutton, a Higdon, a McDonald in the squad.  At least one guy with some kind of goal scoring pedigree.  We don't have any.  Watt has probably been one of the better players this season but if we are depending on him for goals we're fucked.

8 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

That's an issue but not the whole story - how many chances have been missed by the strikers this season?

You could probably make a 'highlight' reel out of just Watt's misses alone.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again - not one of our strikers has any kind of goal scoring record throughout their careers.

You need a Moult, a Sutton, a Higdon, a McDonald in the squad.  At least one guy with some kind of goal scoring pedigree.  We don't have any.  Watt has probably been one of the better players this season but if we are depending on him for goals we're fucked.

I remember a few games where we were lucky to register more than one or two shots on goal, but I can't argue with their 'modest' goal scoring career records.