2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

Merit in what you say about ‘not a time to just to throw them in’ but, ‘clearly aren’t good enough (or they’d be in the team by now)’ can be dismissed. There’s too many variables - many a month went by & Turnbull et all were kicking their heels...

He had already players in numerous games by that time if I’m correct could be wrong and you could instantly see his talent. Albeit the team were struggling but by no means relegation talk in October when he eventually got his chance, that season you obviously had Jake come back from a loan as well from Alloa were he done semi decent and by all accounts if he didn’t come on against Ross county in the cup and play well or score he most likely wouldn’t have went on to do so well. The likes of Devine or Cornelius etc haven’t had much exposure to first team football, Devine had a pretty poor spell at QoS that was cut short due to covid, Cornelius had very few cameos. Don’t know much about the rest bud MacIver did impress me for the reserves and against County scored a good goal but after that he has just been an okay player and won’t make it at this level as he didn’t seem to set the fire alighlt at Morton. He also gave the ball away every time he had it against rangers granted its the hardest game to come on but you’ve still got to show urgency and freshness which he didn’t for me. The likes of Johnston id like to see more of him, to be fair it is a shame for these guys this season that haven’t had a loan move as they haven’t played any games at all and just making up the numbers at the moment without the reserve league.

27 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Yes, but Lawless plays on the Left and Smith isnt a goalscorer, so whats Your point?

lol Smith has not even played a full game for us how the hell can you make that conclusion. How can anyone take your comments seriously when you have not even seen the guy perform in our team. Ridiculous comment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

And your knowledge of them is what?

You’ll have seen Johnstone, only turn 17 recently being included in recent matchday squads & some social media content - usually an indication that bigger clubs are circling...

or maybe robinsons son harry got a loan deal to QOS,   where max johnstones dad is the boss,  in return for max getting a step up to our seniors   just a theory ( imo ) as it all happened round about the same time

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smiddy said:

or maybe robinsons son harry got a loan deal to QOS,   where max johnstones dad is the boss,  in return for max getting a step up to our seniors   just a theory ( imo ) as it all happened round about the same time

That’s a belter even for this forum. There’s a few been pilloried for less.

• Like 2

The silence from the board is absolutely baffling. We find ourselves in the biggest mess in 30 + years. As someone suggested earlier, even Baracloughs team had players like Hammell and Lasley coupled with a bit of quality like McDonald and McManus (not great but clearly good enough and a leader) - this squad has nothing about it. Neither grit, determination or quality. We are sleep walking to relegation. The board should be coming out in the wake of last weeks financial results and at least making it public that they will support the manager to the fullest extent possible. Sadly, once again, the overall leadership is sorely lacking

19 minutes ago, Kmac said:

The silence from the board is absolutely baffling. We find ourselves in the biggest mess in 30 + years. As someone suggested earlier, even Baracloughs team had players like Hammell and Lasley coupled with a bit of quality like McDonald and McManus (not great but clearly good enough and a leader) - this squad has nothing about it. Neither grit, determination or quality. We are sleep walking to relegation. The board should be coming out in the wake of last weeks financial results and at least making it public that they will support the manager to the fullest extent possible. Sadly, once again, the overall leadership is sorely lacking

Or maybe just go about our business quietly, announce deals when they are done and save ourselves a few quid......

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, steelboy said:

We need to sign three players and hopefully get rid of Seedorf and Long. 

This week is massive on and off the park. Burrows is extremely quiet these days, if we get relegated he'll have to take the blame. 

Not inspired like some by his soundbite so far, I’d doubt we’re signing three players.

Defeat on Wednesday leaves little room for manoeuvre.

Your fondness for Burrows is irrational.

17 minutes ago, steelboy said:

This week is massive on and off the park. Burrows is extremely quiet these days, if we get relegated he'll have to take the blame. 

A lot of things that have led to this present situation , I feel a some of our policies are wrong,  our recruitment is flawed,  losing good young players ( not necessarily the clubs fault ) before they make the first team is another , but it’s certainly not all down to Alan Burrows.

26 minutes ago, steelboy said:

This week is massive on and off the park. 

Could you not just have left the post at this?

3 hours ago, Well Well said:

lol Smith has not even played a full game for us how the hell can you make that conclusion. How can anyone take your comments seriously when you have not even seen the guy perform in our team. Ridiculous comment

Hmm possibly because Smith hasnt been a goalscorer his ENTIRE CAREER?!

He is a different kind of Striker, like Watt! I rate Watt but he isnt a goalscorer either, however I rate him for the other qualities he brings to the team. I have no issue with Smith, quite like the look of him to be honest and Im sure he will score 3 or 4 between now & May, however we NEED someone capable of banging in 8-10 in that timescale

The only ridiculous comment was Yours, as You clearly dont understand the concept of a Football Squad!

38 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Long has obviously offered little this season but unless he wants to leave, it would be extremely risky to offload our only proven goalscorer. There’s every chance he’ll prove his worth when it really matters, like Ainsworth used to do. 

22 minutes ago, postiejim said:

A lot of things that have led to this present situation , I feel a some of our policies are wrong,  our recruitment is flawed,  losing good young players ( not necessarily the clubs fault ) before they make the first team is another , but it’s certainly not all down to Alan Burrows.

Not all down to Alan Burrows but finishing below Accies this season and being relegated is a possibility and the buck stops with the Chief Executive. 

42 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Not all down to Alan Burrows but finishing below Accies this season and being relegated is a possibility and the buck stops with the Chief Executive. 

spot on. Leadership on and off the park is sorely lacking. There are elements of our support passive to our current predicament. Seemingly, the bank balance is being prioritized over ensuring we have a squad for the top flight by both club and elements of our support. I didn’t realize Max Weber was a Motherwell fan but I stand corrected.

24 minutes ago, Kmac said:

Clearly, that’s Working really well at the moment 

The position we find ourselves in has nothing to do with whether we publicise our transfer dealings before they are concluded.

You seem to be prioritising your need for the board to demonstrate to you that they are doing something to rectify our situation, over just actually doing it and publicising it afterwards.

If we get to the end of the window and none of our problems have been addressed, then you will have a point. Until then, why not just be patient?

3 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

The position we find ourselves in has nothing to do with whether we publicise our transfer dealings before they are concluded.

You seem to be prioritising your need for the board to demonstrate to you that they are doing something to rectify our situation, over just actually doing it and publicising it afterwards.

If we get to the end of the window and none of our problems have been addressed, then you will have a point. Until then, why not just be patient?

Because I, like many others, put hand in pocket every month to contribute to Society and thereby club to keep in afloat.  We have seen absolutely nothing this season to suggest investment in any form despite posting profits and selling our best assets. Someone at the club needs to step up and galvanize on and off the park and that should not be the responsibility of a manager just in  the door. 
Woeful leadership. 

5 hours ago, Kmac said:

Because I, like many others, put hand in pocket every month to contribute to Society and thereby club to keep in afloat.  We have seen absolutely nothing this season to suggest investment in any form despite posting profits and selling our best assets. Someone at the club needs to step up and galvanize on and off the park and that should not be the responsibility of a manager just in  the door. 
Woeful leadership. 

So do I, and I dont disagree that there requires to be improvement in many areas of the club. I just dont see how the Chief Executive coming out confirming we desperately need new players and are after x,y & z helps? All it will do is push up the price once clubs and agents know how desperate we are. 

Like I said above, if there are no signings, or those made continue to fail to meet the standards required to keep us up, then serious questions should be asked and changes further up the tree could be justified.  

Lets just see where we are in a week.

6 hours ago, Kmac said:

Dont agree this team is worse than bara's team, especially before the influx of players courtesy of money from les h.

That was a pretty poor team , did the job at the finish up in play offs , mind you.Think if we look back   there'll be posts from around that time , similar to now.

Not to say , I am not worried but theres a few teams who we are no worse than,time to get busy tho. Would be  a kick in stones to lose on Wed, but not terminal, yet.

3 hours ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

Dont agree this team is worse than bara's team, especially before the influx of players courtesy of money from les h.

That was a pretty poor team , did the job at the finish up in play offs , mind you.Think if we look back   there'll be posts from around that time , similar to now.

Not to say , I am not worried but theres a few teams who we are no worse than,time to get busy tho. Would be  a kick in stones to lose on Wed, but not terminal, yet.

We will most certainly lose on Wednesday .We don't have the bottle or the players to go there and win. We are still showing the same cack efforts we were in week one. We will at best get one point from the next 3 games and that will be damn near fatal.