2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I see the Stephen Robinson thread's gone. Was it sacked or did it resign?

It resigned, but Alan Burrows will make a statement today about how amazing the thread was and it will be back next week in the Daily Record telling how it was the best thread this message board will ever have and no other thread couldve achieved what it did. :lol:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Shaka said:

It resigned, but Alan Burrows will make a statement today about how amazing the thread was and it will be back next week in the Daily Record telling how it was the best thread this message board will ever have and no other thread couldve achieved what it did. :lol:

I'll keep an eye out for it turning up in the Barcelona fans forum.

I sincerely hope the Robinson thread was removed by mistake.

The forum members should decide when a thread has run its course and will do so by not posting in it.

Its title should never have been changed and the thread split in the first place.

10 hours ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

We will most certainly lose on Wednesday .We don't have the bottle or the players to go there and win. We are still showing the same cack efforts we were in week one. We will at best get one point from the next 3 games and that will be damn near fatal.

Dont give the team talk , lad

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

The forum members should decide when a thread has run its course and will do so by not posting in it.

Its title should never have been changed and the thread split in the first place.

He is no longer the manager, and nothing to do with the club, who cares whether he was asked to resign  or it was his own choice,. As for his legacy we are where we are, endless debate about poor signings, and tactics  in previous games etc are irrelevant. It's now up to GA  to sort out the mess we are in results wise and I am sure he will have the boards full backing financially if he feels new players are required.

So if the mods have removed the thread then so be it, we don't have threads about why McCall or McGhee, Gannon, Brown , etc  left or were sacked clogging up the servers just in case somebody wants to add a comment years later, so why should Robinson be different. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

He is no longer the manager, and nothing to do with the club, who cares whether he was asked to resign  or it was his own choice,. As for his legacy we are where we are, endless debate about poor signings, and tactics  in previous games etc are irrelevant. It's now up to GA  to sort out the mess we are in results wise and I am sure he will have the boards full backing financially if he feels new players are required.

So if the mods have removed the thread then so be it, we don't have threads about why McCall or McGhee, Gannon, Brown , etc  left or were sacked clogging up the servers just in case somebody wants to add a comment years later, so why should Robinson be different. 

If you don't think the topic is worthy of discussion then you have the choice not to post in the thread. Others clearly do and for obvious reasons I think Robinson's tenure is still very relevant..

Your comparison to threads about managers who've not been at the club for years is hardly fair. 

My point is mods shouldn't be touching threads unless they have broken forum rules. Let the members decide what's worthy of discussion. and if they are not threads will naturally fall down the board and disappear.

The forum us hardly bustling with traffic. Culling popular topics because you might not agree with them seems like a strange decision. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

Because it's not years later, it's this season and basically his squad. His future reputation with fans - not the media - will depend on whether we stay up or not. If you were fed up reading folk's views on him, it was easy enough to ignore the thread. 

Look back a few pages and amongst the hot topics 'clogging up the servers' are, several more on Robinson, Turnbull, Tait, Vigurs, Lambert and Esteban Casagolda. 

15 minutes ago, Kat said:

Quite a few sources mentioning that Ross County are interested in signing Jordan White. It would be nice to free up a wage.

I agree. They can have him. On Thursday! :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pepper said:

Aye. Bit weird. I thought the forum was for fans to talk all things Motherwell to their hearts content, not for one or two people to decide when a conversation has run it's course. 

The moderators are very hands off, which is a good thing, so wouldn't mind hearing if / why it's been removed. 

3 hours ago, smiddy said:

av got a job in inverness ,, you want to put him in the van and all make sure heez delivered :agree:

If you work for Hermes you could always just lose him and say he was delivered.

Or leave him in a neighbour's wheely bin.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think splitting the thread was a good idea so you could discuss Robinson and his legacy separate from the new manager speculation.

I'd be disappointed if the Robinson thread was deleted as there was discussion to be had. Although I've not read it for a few days so maybe something has been said that is potentially legally actionable and it has to go. But if its just the usual back and forth between Robbophiles and Robbophobics then let them keep at it.

John Hughes had mentioned that any movement was expected by Wednesday but one source did mention the move will be a loan which would rule him out the fixture anyway. Hopefully it's a permanent move if it does come to fruition.

2 hours ago, davkel said:

Jordan White is up in Dingwall and it’s a done deal ... but he cannot play for them on Wednesday

Good news,nothing against the guy but i just don't think he's good enough, hopefully we can get atleast another couple out the door.

8 hours ago, Pepper said:

If you don't think the topic is worthy of discussion then you have the choice not to post in the thread. Others clearly do and for obvious reasons I think Robinson's tenure is still very relevant..

It was worthy of discussion,  but its been done to death, we all know player recruitment was poor, our results have been poor, and SR is getting the blame for it, and he finally admitted that and walked away.

The main debate now should be how GA performs, who he keeps and who he bins and what he needs to do with the team to get us up the table and avoid relegation.

I am sure the resident forum trolls will have a new thread for GA  resigning in place if we don't see an improvement in the coming weeks.

It'll be interesting to see where we are come next Monday night. I'm starting to get a feeling Wednesday might be the last we see of Stephen O'Donnell as his contact expires on Sunday. Obviously we haven't seen him in nigh on two years but Charles Dunne is also out of contract then. Might need an Ian Baraclough type transfer window when all is said and done.

6 minutes ago, Kat said:

It'll be interesting to see where we are come next Monday night. I'm starting to get a feeling Wednesday might be the last we see of Stephen O'Donnell as his contact expires on Sunday. Obviously we haven't seen him in nigh on two years but Charles Dunne is also out of contract then. Might need an Ian Baraclough type transfer window when all is said and done.

Think odonnell needs to decide if he wants a big pay rise or chance of a lifetime to play at a finals with Scotland.  As for big charles, he done us a turn but I cant see us wasting a wage and offering him a new deal