2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

13 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Think odonnell needs to decide if he wants a big pay rise or chance of a lifetime to play at a finals with Scotland.  As for big charles, he done us a turn but I cant see us wasting a wage and offering him a new deal 

Agreed,dunne has done us a turn but it's best we cuts ties now and move on and hopefully allow him to get sorted somewhere else.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Think odonnell needs to decide if he wants a big pay rise or chance of a lifetime to play at a finals with Scotland.  As for big charles, he done us a turn but I cant see us wasting a wage and offering him a new deal 

OR  He might think his Scotland chances are gone if he stays with a club who he helped to get relegated.

I think big Charles is a goner. A muscle problem that's taken a year to clear up??

3 minutes ago, davkel said:

Could throw in Seedorf as well as White ... would still have to stump up a load of cash as well tho !!!!!...actually quite surprised Ross Stewart is still there tbh

was ross stuart not struggling for game time in the ayrshire juniors, just a few years ago ????   if my memory is correct 

On 1/25/2021 at 12:14 PM, Pepper said:

If you don't think the topic is worthy of discussion then you have the choice not to post in the thread. Others clearly do and for obvious reasons I think Robinson's tenure is still very relevant..

Your comparison to threads about managers who've not been at the club for years is hardly fair. 

My point is mods shouldn't be touching threads unless they have broken forum rules. Let the members decide what's worthy of discussion. and if they are not threads will naturally fall down the board and disappear.

The forum us hardly bustling with traffic. Culling popular topics because you might not agree with them seems like a strange decision. 

Totally agree.

Mods need to have a long hard look at themselves.

Personally I hadn't posted in the thread for a while but the topic is still absolutely relevant to this season and what's happening.

If individuals are going too far in the thread deal with them separately.

The official club media outlets can act as Motherwell Pravda.  We don't need it here.

• Like 2

I don't think there's a player in that squad that I'm fussed about losing. Maybe O'Donnell will be one of those players where you realize what you're missing once he's gone, but I feel like we can probably replace him for cheaper and not experience much of a drop off. 

The silence is deafening at the moment, if all these rumours are true we will be fielding the under 15’s that’s if we have any!!

I cannot see O’Donnell going to Celtic but I could see Gallagher heading there, but with Celtic getting 11m + for Frimpong , Celtic could offer us about 10 Bob for his remaining six months of his contract!

As far as Campbell it doesn’t look like there is a queue of bidders, I could see someone taking him on pre contract although with a sizeable development fee, it would need to be from the English Championship/Division1

50 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

The silence is deafening at the moment, if all these rumours are true we will be fielding the under 15’s that’s if we have any!!

I cannot see O’Donnell going to Celtic but I could see Gallagher heading there, but with Celtic getting 11m + for Frimpong , Celtic could offer us about 10 Bob for his remaining six months of his contract!

As far as Campbell it doesn’t look like there is a queue of bidders, I could see someone taking him on pre contract although with a sizeable development fee, it would need to be from the English Championship/Division1

I would rather the club just announce signings when they are completed, rumours don’t particularly help the club. We have to just have faith in the new managers judgement and he feels there is plenty of quality still in the squad.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

. Really highlights the benefit we had with Tait being able to play at left or right back.

personal view is Tait wasn't good on either - we moved him to the left after he got regularly roasted on the right and had to play infront of the full back.

we have a young full back - I wouldn't be against playing him

19 hours ago, mfc said:

Agreed,dunne has done us a turn but it's best we cuts ties now and move on and hopefully allow him to get sorted somewhere else.

For quite a few years the club have always offered injured players contracts until they finish their rehab. I think it's an unofficial policy to offer that security to make the club more attractive to new signings. 

I imagine the new contracts in those circumstances will be next to nothing - enough for the player to pay the bills until they know what the future holds for them. Imagine coming to the end of your contract with no possibility of finding another  club, no access to rehab facilities and no income. What we do is great for the player and good for the reputation of the club - I've no problem if Dunne is offered another contract. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, CoF said:

For quite a few years the club have always offered injured players contracts until they finish their rehab. I think it's an unofficial policy to offer that security to make the club more attractive to new signings. 

I imagine the new contracts in those circumstances will be next to nothing - enough for the player to pay the bills until they know what the future holds for them. Imagine coming to the end of your contract with no possibility of finding another  club, no access to rehab facilities and no income. What we do is great for the player and good for the reputation of the club - I've no problem if Dunne is offered another contract. 

I like big Dunne and I think fully fit would be like a new signing but I think a new contract would depend on the likelihood of him getting to that stage.

From memory the injury was supposed to keep him out for 6 months max and it’s now been double that and he’s just returned to training so it’s anybody’s guess when he would be available for selection if he ever is and that’s assuming there’s no setback.

9 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Losing O’Donnell at this time would be terrible IMO. I get the whole ‘better bang for your buck’ argument, but it sort of flies in the face of those saying we need to spend cash on quality improvements. 

We would have been aware of this possibility for some months now and so I hope we would have contingency plans in place. O'Donnell hasn't set the heather on fire.

11 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Losing O’Donnell at this time would be terrible IMO. I get the whole ‘better bang for your buck’ argument, but it sort of flies in the face of those saying we need to spend cash on quality improvements. 

At least you know he could improve. He won't be here long term, but the only way I'd want rid just now is if he's not been trying a leg - and surely he'd be out the door already if that were the case.