2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

Fluking a couple of goals would not have made him a better player. He could have grabbed a hat trick in his first half hour and he would still have been a cart horse. His stats in general play are horrible.

You're absolutely right, remember the  Crawford Baptie debut.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, well_said said:

Baptie was absolute garbage but maybe better than some of the dross that's been inflicted on us in the last 10 years.

That was a squad that I think also included John Gardiner, John Reilly, Derek Murray and Gordon Mair. So he was in good company.

• Haha 2

Could the usual suspects please lay off Sam Foley until we have seen him play?

A major gripe by many on here is that we are a young inexperienced side who dont know how to manage and see out games properly.  We are badly in need of some experienced pro's to help us out of this relegation dogfight.

Ive no idea if Sam Foley is that guy, I cant say as Ive payed him much attention any time we played St Mirren, however, given that its a short term deal and our options are limited, I dont see what the risk is and will judge him on his performances for us.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

A major gripe by many on here is that we are a young inexperienced side who dont know how to manage and see out games properly.  We are badly in need of some experienced pro's to help us out of this relegation dogfight.

Ive no idea if Sam Foley is that guy, I cant say as Ive payed him much attention any time we played St Mirren, however, given that its a short term deal and our options are limited, I dont see what the risk is and will judge him on his performances for us.

Well said sir

11 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

I just dont see the point making a judgement on any player until we've seen them play. 

3 hours ago, Pettywulliegrew-2 said:

Goals make all the difference to forwards...the one at Hibs was disallowed incorrectly.....the Arabs game I thought he just out muscled the defender, only 3 starts and we were unbeaten in two off them, then was off the park when we lost the late goal against Accies, he spent most of the time on the park as a late sub chasing games with another 10 players trying to get that elusive equaliser we never managed till last night. 

Did he get a fair crack in a very poor/ mediocre Well team ??? .......Immaterial now he’s gone

Just heard he’s getting better money at RC

Very fair summing up of White. 

Although I never regarded White as a first pick he always tried his best. Could never have been easy for him getting 10 mns here and there.

Wish him well.

4 hours ago, Kat said:

White's Mrs having a bit of a dig on Twitter about the club. Essentially we never gave him a fair crack of the whip and made him lose his smile something to that effect. Good luck to the guy, he was a tad unfortunate with his goals against Dundee United and Hibs being ruled out but he certainly lacked the quality required for this level. 

Why do fitba players wifes do this? Complete rid neck

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Problem is at 34 if he comes in and does well youre sort of obliged to offer him another year and while I hope amd think he can come in and do a job for us til May i don't want to be making these sort of signings in the summer.

We are obliged to do absolutely nothing of the sort...although I'd have been more than happy if we had signed a 34 year old Graham Alexander 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yassin said:

:lol: just to check, we now shouldn't be signing anyone from;

- anything below the Championship in England

- anything below the top flight in Scotland

- teams 3 places above above us in the Premiership table?

No loans from Rangers or Celtic. 

Although that's one I agree with. Fuck em. 

16 minutes ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

We are obliged to do absolutely nothing of the sort...although I'd have been more than happy if we had signed a 34 year old Graham Alexander 

1 hour ago, wellsince75 said:

unless it's someone akin to Davie Cooper 

Quite.

If Foley is Davie Cooper or Graham Alexander at 34 good I'm more than happy for him to sign a 2 year deal.