2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

20 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

You can't just post that an ex player's wife and maw are on Twitter arguing with people, we need links god dammit!

She has since locked down her profile, probably been taking a ton of abuse. 

His father however has been getting in on the act,  his 117 goals in 296 starts tweet was a favourite tbh. 

https://twitter.com/billyw27/status/1354770885962559502?s=20

20 minutes ago, CoF said:

It's bad enough bickering with other fans on a forum, but to actually argue with players and their families on twitter is peak weirdo. 

The joys of social media.  It's shocking the amount of abuse some footballers take on it, seem to remember Bowman after the Rangers Semi Final was subjected to many threats.

Jordan was decent enough with his farewell message tbh.

1 hour ago, Kat said:

She has since locked down her profile, probably been taking a ton of abuse. 

His father however has been getting in on the act,  his 117 goals in 296 starts tweet was a favourite tbh. 

https://twitter.com/billyw27/status/1354770885962559502?s=20

Good on his old man, shouldnt be a one way street, might be inclined to do the same, if he was my lad. .twitter is a bit toxic tbf ,  a lot of  self righteous people on it  who've never done a lot. Bit like steelmen online lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2021 at 5:15 PM, supermarv said:

Well Ricki Lamie and Jordan White aren’t both on 1k+ per week that’s fact. Neither is Dunne his wage relatively very low as he’s not exactly been playing and wasn’t expected to so his is very much on reduced terms. So aye a wouldn’t believe every single one you see there, some will no doubt be about roughly correct though. 

And you know this as fact?

58 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Its bang out of order giving players pelters on twitter and tagging them in it and even more so to slate them to their family.

That said you're not going to gain anything from sticking up for your son/partner/mate after they're tagged in a mean tweet.

Tbf his Mrs started the problem especially today taking sly digs at the club many times in just normal posts, however do feel sorry for the big guy as you could see he clearly didn’t fit our style or our standards. Every footballer gets slated on Twitter these days it comes part and parcel with it, family members getting involved just makes it worse especially in the case where she has made silly comments which will provoke a reaction.

16 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Dundee sign Jason Cummings, not sure where are they getting the money for his deal?

I know a lot of our supporters wouldn’t be happy but I think he would have been a good signing for us and only 25 years old and does score goals.

I like Cummings but I'm not really sure there's much evidence he's any better than Cole, Long or Watt.

I see the "team news" page of the Official website has finally been updated...

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/club/team-news/

Last updated: 28 January 2021.

Player Issue Return date Squad
Trevor Carson Knee TBC First team
Liam Donnelly Knee March 2021 First team
Charles Dunne Knee TBC First team
Scott Fox Knee May 2021 First team
Liam Grimshaw Illness ASAP First team
Mark O’Hara Illness ASAP First team
TREVOR CARSON

Trevor suffered a knee injury in late December 2020. His date of return is not yet known, but expected to be at least three months.

LIAM DONNELLY

Liam underwent surgery on a knee injury in August 2020. The current expectation is a return to training in February and, potentially, matches in March.

CHARLES DUNNE

Charles underwent surgery on an injury in June 2020. He is continuing his rehabilitation with the club and is now back on the grass doing straight line running.

SCOTT FOX

Scott suffered ligament damage to his knee in August 2020. His rehabilitation has gone well so far and the player is hopeful of a return to training before the end of the season.