2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

7 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

I’m pretty sure that a few folk on here objected to the signing of some of them - especially Cole resigning this season. 

And Aldred who was a failure at Bury, strange how some people’s memories seem to fade at times.

8 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

I think it would be fair to say that, whatever their current defensive state, the signing of Gallagher - or O'Donnell - would do hee haw to pacify Celtic fans. Probably true then.

O’Donnell nearly shed a tear for Celtic on sportscene - for that reason alone he should be gone

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Well-Made said:

Celtic Rumours page saying that a deal has been agreed for Gallagher.

Was looking to see if Robinson had a choice of Killie or Celtic for his next job :)

When does Gallaghers automatic contract extension kick in as I can't see him going in this window, especially when Celtic will be looking for a new manager soon.

4 minutes ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

More interested in inferring Scottish football needs a strong Celtic - much the same drivel kris Boyd and the likes have been slavering while rangers were shite

Funny how they spent years failing in Europe cos the rest of us were shite. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Funny how they spent years failing in Europe cos the rest of us were shite. 

Indeed. A point I've also made to some of their support in conversation over our last couple of meetings. They're the first to whine about lack of competition domestically when they get papped out. However present them with the challenge of having to  break down a team who are holding the lead and they squeal like pigs because you aren't set up in a manner that let's them steamroller you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Big Wispy Flossy said:

More interested in inferring Scottish football needs a strong Celtic - much the same drivel kris Boyd and the likes have been slavering while rangers were shite

I think sometimes people are interpreting in Spanish. 

What SOD said tonight was relating to we and Motherwell when talking about taking on a wounded animal in Dundee United and hoping we could get 3 points. 

There was literally nothing in his interview that suggested he was not committed to Motherwell.  Nothing. 

He may well be gone and good luck to him but I read so much bollox on here it is almost unbelievable! 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

What SOD said tonight was relating to we and Motherwell when talking about taking on a wounded animal in Dundee United and hoping we could get 3 points. 

There was literally nothing in his interview that suggested he was not committed to Motherwell.  Nothing. 

He may well be gone and good luck to him but I read so much bollox on here it is almost unbelievable! 

Agree totally,  watching sportscene and saw nothing wrong with SOD views.   I just think folk look for anything to have a go at folk.  As it stands SOD is a well player and as long as he gives 100% on park I have no issues..COYW

27 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

He said and I quote ‘it’s  disappointing and I hope the gap get closer for more entertainment value for Scottish football because it so disappointing to see rangers so far ahead’’ 

31 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

He did say he hoped the gap could get closer for the sake of entertainment in Scottish football, because it's disappointing to see Rangers so far ahead. No really bothered about that. 

Asking for his opinions on whether Lennon should go and why Shane Duffy's so shit highlights the problem with guys who are still playing going on these shows. Glad he soft soaped them, given we're heading there in 7 days.

3 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

It seems sometimes on here that every interview current or former club employees do, some people are taking it apart and twisting everything that's said to suit their own agenda

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ropy said:

Players in the lower English leagues could be working their way up the ranks, or could have reached their ceiling, or could be journeymen working themselves back down the leagues.  The trick is to pick the ones in the right category.

Simple analogy Ropy but definitely the right one. It seems simple to try and get the best players at clubs at a lower level. Nisbet has shown if you are top player in championship and young and hungry then chances of success in spfl are high. I felt with the money we had banked year before then surely we should have been in market for him and maybe be were for all I know. This is where sometimes we have to take a risk as 250k was obviously now looking like money well spent.  Also I feel more youth from other spfl clubs that for whatever reason it is not happening for them at clubs they are at. Dean campbell for instance at aberdeen  always looks tidy on ball but is only a bit part player for them but was one of top players in under age scotland teams for years. Low risk and low wages I think but with potential. 

8 hours ago, A Well Fan said:

It seems sometimes on here that every interview current or former club employees do, some people are taking it apart and twisting everything that's said to suit their own agenda

In the case of Robinson, he's chosen to turn up everywhere talking about his time at the club. If he wants to talk about staff who are still at the club, that's up to him, but do you doubt for a second this is all being said to suit his own agenda?

As for current players going on telly to give opinions on teams, players and managers they're due to face, it's gonnae be a case of they say nothing, or something, and that something will piss somebody off, whether it's at Motherwell or elsewhere. They want the money, that's the trade off.

8 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

As for current players going on telly to give opinions on teams, players and managers they're due to face, it's gonnae be a case of they say nothing, or something, and that something will piss somebody off, whether it's at Motherwell or elsewhere. They want the money, that's the trade off.

I think the Celtic players may be a little more pissed off with Neil Lennon's comments to the national press yesterday rather than anything an opposition player has maybe, or not, alluded to on the telly.

Lennon admits he is at a loss over how to arrest Celtic's slump. And, asked if the players were letting him down, the former Celtic captain said: "Honestly, at this minute I think yes, they are. And they have done for quite a while this season.

2 hours ago, gaz7 said:

Simple analogy Ropy but definitely the right one. It seems simple to try and get the best players at clubs at a lower level. Nisbet has shown if you are top player in championship and young and hungry then chances of success in spfl are high.

I agree in principle but picking young Scottish lower league players is a gamble.  Just look at Faisal El Bakhtaoui for example.

12 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Agree totally,  watching sportscene and saw nothing wrong with SOD views.   I just think folk look for anything to have a go at folk.  As it stands SOD is a well player and as long as he gives 100% on park I have no issues..COYW

Just watched it , he's fully entitled to his views , as BWF says though he did look close to tears at various points during analysis of St Mirren's win, the death of Terry Munro looks to have taken its toll on him.

• Haha 1