2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Kicks in if he plays on wednesday night

So if the Kilmarnock and St Mirren games had gone ahead then it would be done by now. I would like to see a couple of more in but I do not want to lose Gallagher.  O'Donnell and or Campbell going I could live with.

As many have said previously recruiting in January is often difficult. With COVID, and the subsequent financial challenges thrown in the mix it gets significantly more difficult.  
That being said, I will be honest and say that I was hoping for something better than Robbie Crawford.  The only consolation is that this signing is only to the end of the season

19 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

He is in the done a job Category, with Donnelly and O'Hara out,  I'm happy for him to hang around.

Agree with this. He's turned in better performances than Campbell recently, as hard as that is to believe. 

I'm not actually convinced that O'Hara is a major step up from Crawford in the middle of the park either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I'm hoping he's not what we were referring to in terms of brining in more players.  Hopefully he and S'OD will be classed as retaining with + 1 o 2 new faces arriving.

Alan Burrows confirming this wasn't included, someone asked that question on Twitter.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

I'm hoping he's not what we were referring to in terms of brining in more players.  Hopefully he and S'OD will be classed as retaining with + 1 o 2 new faces arriving.

In reality it's a pretty grim barrel that we scrape around in.  

No I think it’s more in the basis of the players retained or leaving category with the likes of Dunne, SOD etc. Defo 1 and possibly a second which is exactly what Burrows said.

24 minutes ago, steelboy said:

If the performances Crawford has been putting in are what we are aspiring to we will be leaving the top division soon enough. 

The guy is a trier but he is a lower league player struggling a level above where he should be. 

Which is really the level you would expect of someone who's probably 5th choice for a 3 man midfield for motherwell.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Which is really the level you would expect of someone who's probably 5th choice for a 3 man midfield for motherwell.

Playing a hoorna lot of football for someone who is "5th choice for a 3 man midfield"! 

Glad to see the club is showing ambition to get us out of the mess we are in, re-signing a Livvy reserve who is very obviously out of his depth and an old man from St Mirren reserves. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

Ethan Robson from Blackpool being mentioned on twitter.

Scored against us when he played for Dundee a few years back in that 4-3 game where Turnbull scored in the last minute.

Greg Stewart also getting mentioned now but County also interested.

11 minutes ago, Heisenboab said:

Ethan Robson from Blackpool being mentioned on twitter.

Blackpool fans having a laugh at that especially since it also mentioned Rangers were interested as well.

One of their best players by all account so why would they want to put him out on loan

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

Blackpool fans having a laugh at that especially since it also mentioned Rangers were interested as well.

One of their best players by all account so why would they want to put him out on loan

Aye does seem a strange one. What I read initially suggested it was a permanent transfer. Cant see us parting with any of the Turnbull cash in the current situation.

Quite like Crawford, he keeps the ball well. He's not the most physical but certainly nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

In the first half of the Ross County game he was the only midfielder to make any sort of decent pass on the deck into the box. Twice.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Quite like Crawford, he keeps the ball well. He's not the most physical but certainly nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be.

Absolutely. He gets beaten with the ‘Livi reject’ stick far too often and unnecessarily. Quite pleased he’s signed on permanently, have thought he’s been one of our more competent performers of late. 

• Like 2