2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

Who is this guy from Hearts?

It of course has to be considered how difficult it is to attract players on our budget in the middle of a pandemic but why bother bringing folk in for  the sake of it? Or announcing a crocked okayed is extending rehab time? It’s the equivalent of the club wishing a player happy birthday on Instagram. Pointless. 

At the same time, if we do go down, questions will need to be asked “is the extent to which we pushed the boat out to stay up?

Zero dead wood shipped out so far.

7 minutes ago, Goggles & Flippers said:

Robinson's downfall is he padded the team out with mediocrity that on paper flattered. It appears Alexander is following that model by adding to an already bloated squad. I hope to be proven wrong.

The only player out so far is White. Which confirms what we all know, too few are attractive to potential suitors. It appears theres a few in that squad who know they'd not realise the wages elsewhere or have a desire to play regularly so willing to ride out their contracts.

I think your spot on there,i have no idea what road we have went down with our recruitment this season,after finishing third,i really believe that our signings will set us back quite a way and it will take a while before we recover from it.

1 minute ago, grizzlyg said:

Let's give him a chance,  let's not judge players before they have kicked a ball.   One more to come in possibly.......billy gilmour? Ok I will give up lol

We can give players all the backing under the sun grizzly,some just aren't good enough,I would love to be proved wrong but loaning a guy that can't get a game in the division below isn't what we're needing,I would just rather we didn't bother than another wage going out the door.

• Like 1

Fucking nonsense. Another shite late twenties reserve player and this time from the league below us? 

Whats more, he is a left winger! We have literally just signed a left winger in Lawless who is 4 times the player this guy is. We have nobody in the squad who can play right wing effectively and sign THIS? 

Considering the ramifications of us making an arse of this season, this has to be the worst transfer window I can ever remember. Not only that, but its aslap in the face of our support. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Out of interest I wonder who recommended him as GA would have never seen him or even heard of him until today, somebody must have recommended him to GA, a very strange signing considering GA said he would not just sign players to make up numbers!!

GA when with Salford would know him I think from the Conference League .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Fucking nonsense. Another shite late twenties reserve player and this time from the league below us? 

Whats more, he is a left winger! We have literally just signed a left winger in Lawless who is 4 times the player this guy is. We have nobody in the squad who can play right wing effectively and sign THIS? 

Considering the ramifications of us making an arse of this season, this has to be the worst transfer window I can ever remember. Not only that, but its aslap in the face of our support. 

Good point re Lawless. Does this mean that Lawless is injured before he’s even played a full game?!?!

1 minute ago, C&A not the shop said:

Aberdeen released Curtis Main, in a bizarre twist since he's been playing regularly for them and they just sold Cosgrove....

I don't think he's what we need but he's surely a better option than some of what we have.

Shrewsbury 

16 minutes ago, middleeastdave said:

Out of interest I wonder who recommended him as GA would have never seen him or even heard of him until today, somebody must have recommended him to GA, a very strange signing considering GA said he would not just sign players to make up numbers!!

played in England,  so ga may well have seen him.

12 minutes ago, mfc said:

We can give players all the backing under the sun grizzly,some just aren't good enough,I would love to be proved wrong but loaning a guy that can't get a game in the division below isn't what we're needing,I would just rather we didn't bother than another wage going out the door.

Agree that is hardly an inspiring signing,  I just mean let's wait and see once they get game time.  

1 minute ago, ropy said:

Shrewsbury 

Fair enough.

Looking at Roberts he appears one of these players that must have something about that manager's think they can do something with but never really manages to do it.

He was playing a bit of  English Championship football 2 seasons ago and had a decent amount  (okay not many) of games in league one down south last year so he's obviously got something about him. 

Though I'm not sure he's what we need.

I despair of this place. Underwhelming signing perhaps but because it didn't work out at Hearts doesn't mean it won't work out here. John Sutton was poor at Hearts, worked out fine here. We were told that Jake Carroll was dreadful when he signed, he's done a good job. 

Not saying he'll be a world beater, but at least give the guy a chance...

• Like 2