2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

The summer out of contract players are:

Fox, Chapman, Bevis, Gallagher, Campbell, Polworth, Semple, Cornelius, Long, Seedorf, Cole, and McIver. Didn't count new guys or those who already extended. 

My guess would be Polworth, Campbell,  and maybe Long. 

18 hours ago, fizoxy said:

Fox, Chapman, Bevis, Gallagher, Campbell, Polworth, Semple, Cornelius, Long, Seedorf, Cole, and McIver. Didn't count new guys or those who already extended. 

there may be a shorter list of those who will remain.

Suspect we'll keep Kelly, Bevis  & Cole.   Others will either move on to better things or should be moved out.

19 hours ago, fizoxy said:

What about Barry Maguire?

I highly doubt we could sign kelly permanently,the jump in wages he must have got moving down south would rule us out straight away sadly,I'm glad we have him even if it is just short term,he's shown already the difference having a good goalkeeper can make.

10 hours ago, C&A not the shop said:

I think once we're safe we should see Morrison get a few games and we'll start next season with Carson as number 1 but with Morrison getting more games time with the eventual hope of Morrison taking over as number 1 before the start of 2022/2023 season.

Never thought Morrison would make it to be quite honest thought Rohan Ferguson was better than him if I’m honest.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

Never thought Morrison would make it to be quite honest thought Rohan Ferguson was better than him if I’m honest.

1 hour ago, supermarv said:

was ferguson the young boy who we signed from airdrie ?

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Because these things usually 'leak'. I'm sure one of the 'in the know' types would have found out by now.

True. 

I did wonder if Robinson advised players (and others) to keep pre-contracts tightly under wraps after the reaction Hastie got. I know that's part of the game, but when it affects players the manager will do what they can do manage the situation. 

1 hour ago, CoF said:

True. 

I did wonder if Robinson advised players (and others) to keep pre-contracts tightly under wraps after the reaction Hastie got. I know that's part of the game, but when it affects players the manager will do what they can do manage the situation. 

These things are never kept quiet...if say Campbell had signed a PCA with Millwall, his parents would know his pals would know, he would tell close team mates, office staff would find out etc etc. 

I honestly think its highly unlikely 

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

These things are never kept quiet...if say Campbell had signed a PCA with Millwall, his parents would know his pals would know, he would tell close team mates, office staff would find out etc etc. 

I honestly think its highly unlikely 

Yeah, you're probably right. I'm just not sure what Robinsons motivation would be to make something like that up.