2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

1 hour ago, fizoxy said:

Can someone conspiracize this one for me? I don't have the imagination. 

Don't think there is a conspiracy here, all part of the GA deal I think, clearing out the old regime, Lasley might be next. Ross will probably turn up at Ibrox now they are champions elect.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/declan-gallagher-turns-down-mls-23545593

Declan Gallagher turns down MLS transfer as race heats up to land impending Motherwell free agent
The 30-year-old was aware that Portland Timbers and New York Red Bulls were both prepared to make offers.

Declan Gallagher is expected back in training soon
Declan Gallagher is a wanted man 

Scotland star Declan Gallagher has turned down a move to Major League Soccer.

The Motherwell defender is out of contract this summer and had attracted strong interest from the United States in recent weeks.

The 30-year-old was aware that Portland Timbers and New York Red Bulls were both prepared to make offers.

Clubs had also done their background checks and were confident they could have secured a visa for the big defender.

Gallagher, however, who has just become a dad again didn’t feel, financially, it was worth uprooting his family.

The former Livingston stopper is also attracting significant interest elsewhere, from the English Championship and Scotland.

He has also been offered a new deal by Motherwell but the Fir Park club know he is unlikely to pen a new deal.

The skipper is holding all the aces and the likelihood is he could also go to Euro 2020 as a free agent but a key part of Steve Clarke’s Scotland squad.

A number of Scottish internationalists, like Lewis Morgan, Johnny Russell and Danny Wilson, are all plying their trade in MLS.

Kilmarnock defender and Scotland cap Stuart Findlay is set to join them.

Philadelphia Union have agreed terms with Findlay and are set to agree a fee with Killie for the remaining three months of his deal.

Somebody at Fir Park has to come out and tell the fans what is happening with the captain is he up for the fight or will we not see him in a Motherwell  shirt again ? If he has no interest in helping the club in the survival fight then sit him in the stand for the rest of the season with the probably outcome for him no European championship as I don't see Clarke picking a player who hasn't played any games in months . Think some porkies have been told about Gallagher so better to get it out in the open and tell the fans what is really going on 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Yodo said:

Somebody at Fir Park has to come out and tell the fans what is happening with the captain is he up for the fight or will we not see him in a Motherwell  shirt again ? If he has no interest in helping the club in the survival fight then sit him in the stand for the rest of the season with the probably outcome for him no European championship as I don't see Clarke picking a player who hasn't played any games in months . Think some porkies have been told about Gallagher so better to get it out in the open and tell the fans what is really going on 

Thanks for for introducing me to a new experience on this forum a Yodo post that actually makes sense,:nod: agree with all of it, if Gallagher is not up for it, get him dropped and warming the bench for the last 9 games, no pissing about pandering to players who won't be here next season.

16 minutes ago, Yodo said:

There might simply be nothing in it.

Assuming he had a contract extension in his clause it may well be that it is up to Gallagher and not the club to trigger that. Unlikely maybe or worded such that if both parties agree etc. 

If however the contract clearly stipulates that playing 25 games automatically triggers a one year extension and there has been all sorts of skullduggery then that would be a shame. Lets face it - I would not blame Gallacher for trying to re negotiate as his career has gone upwards and he only has 4-6 years left for maximising his earnings. But I would hope if the contract favours Motherwell he respects that or allows a negotiation that favours Motherwell come the summer. 

Where the fans would rightly be angry is if Motherwell caved in to pressure of the current situation and removed said clause. Or if Gallacher has been playing funny buggers this past month as he and his agent are not getting their way. 

Declan Gallagher situation is very strange.

Back in early January the press report said "A source close to Gallagher said: “He is desperate to play for Celtic and in the current climate, he would be a brilliant signing. But with this contract and the automatic extension, he feels he has a gun to his head.”

Now the press is reporting the exact opposite "The skipper is holding all the aces".

Both versions can't be right unless something has changed.

2 hours ago, Yodo said:

They already have by stating he has an injury, maybe he actually just has an injury. When we talk about porkies much of that is just bullshit made up by the papers.  Ok there may be more to it, I don’t work for the club, but if he has an injury what more do you want the club to say, it’s highly unlikely they are going to be open about players contracts which is absolutely right. Sometime an apple is just an apple, it’s not always an orange.

8 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

They already have by stating he has an injury, maybe he actually just has an injury. When we talk about porkies much of that is just bullshit made up by the papers.  Ok there may be more to it, I don’t work for the club, but if he has an injury what more do you want the club to say, it’s highly unlikely they are going to be open about players contracts which is absolutely right. Sometime an apple is just an apple, it’s not always an orange.

So he has went from a muscle injury to a hamstring injury to not having a clause in his contract to having one that he doesn't like . Let's get the facts straight from the club after all it's the club captain we are talking about and his position is definitely having a reaction on the team after all if the he can't be arsed why should the rest of them and it's showing 

6 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

it’s highly unlikely they are going to be open about players contracts which is absolutely right. 

Which brings us back to the original claim in the papers regarding an extension about to be triggered. If anyone believes team Gallagher wasn't involved with that snippet getting out, belated birthday wishes, hope yesterday was fun.

Make your own minds up about what's going on at Fir Park, but one thing's obvious: not everyone's pulling in the same direction.

He holds all the aces now because we need him to play to stay up. 

I was dubious about the conspiracy to start with but now I'm thinking he's been looking after his own interests by getting that renewal clause taken out.

I'm disappointed if it has happened the way I think it has and if we weren't where are id say fuck him and let him not kick a ball for the rest of the season and screw up his chances of going away with Scotland. However we are where we are and we need competent central defenders and we need them available tomorrow night.

9 minutes ago, Yodo said:

So he has went from a muscle injury to a hamstring injury to not having a clause in his contract to having one that he doesn't like . Let's get the facts straight from the club after all it's the club captain we are talking about and his position is definitely having a reaction on the team after all if the he can't be arsed why should the rest of them and it's showing 

But stating he can’t be arsed is again just an opinion and speculation. I’m sure you’re more than aware that a lot of things posted on papers is absolute made up rubbish, the club are not going to come out and refute every story, that would end up being a weekly thing regardless of whether it’s the club captain or not.  Even given that one players attitude should not effect the attitude of other players if they are honest professionals, I manage a team of good and not so good workers, the good ones stay true to their beliefs regardless.I guess the club could come out for a second time and again state he injured, if it’s true not sure what else they can do. Sometimes you just have to trust those running the club.