2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

9 minutes ago, CoF said:

An extension which the Record 'revealed' in January then failed to mention in the follow up Gallagher story. Given that was the only source, I'm thinking it might be shite. 

Not what I was saying the other day mind you. 

It's definitely not shite.

He had an extension clause in his contract and now it's been removed. 

1 hour ago, milo said:

So how long does a hamstring/muscle injury like the one Gallagher have normally take to heal? When could/should we expect him back if indeed that is what he has?

It was reported to be a grade 1 strain, which is usually a weeks rather than months. Alexander had hoped he'd be back training on Monday this week - no idea if thats happened though.

If Gallagher and the numerous others are all genuinely injured (including the new signings) then fair enough, I have no reason to doubt it, even if the timing was unfortunate in Gallagher's case.

Probably a consequence of Covid and the restrictions  being in place for so long, but there certainly seems to be a feeling of a disconnect between the Club and the fans going by many of the comments here. That could also be down to having a poor season too.

What I will say is if we don't see Gallagher again this season, as well as some of the January signings then people will suspect that the Club aren't being entirely honest with them. That might make fans less inclined to stump up for watching games next season rather than holding the Club to its commitment on season tickets purchased for this season.

I'll be honest though, I'm more pissed off that we have a senior player, and an international at that, telling me after 2 embarrassing non-performances that if we don't win games it's no drama. At a time when fans are looking for any solace available that is a real kick in the balls.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

I'll be honest though, I'm more pissed off that we have a senior player, and an international at that, telling me after 2 embarrassing non-performances that if we don't win games it's no drama. At a time when fans are looking for any solace available that is a real kick in the balls.

What did you think about the rest of what he said?

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

What did you think about the rest of what he said?

Insipid. Kinda matched his performances. You don't want panic setting in, but verbally shrugging your shoulders doesn't inspire much confidence.

I don't think he's a bad guy or that he's not trying, but I'd be looking for more from him. Hopefully starting tonight.

I get all the arguments about the websites injury page. As a club, we don't want to aid our rivals by divulging details of injuries. On the other hand, fans should be kept informed. Therefore its a fine line to tread. 

If we keep this page then it needs to be kept up to date and must list all injuries/illnesses. If we aren't able or willing to do that then then delete the page. 

Personally a simple list summarising players and injuries would do me. It should list all players involved but give no time spans.