2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

As OnTheFringes often says no one is going to come on here and name the person that told them inside info. 

You'll need to take my word for it. 

Take your word for it - like your claim the contract clause removal was announced at the AGM, when it wasn't? 

Or that last Christmas, Robinson was definitely fucked because of CCTV footage, when he wasn't?

Or that John Hughes will never work in Scottish football again, because of appalling accusations I won't even repeat here, when he's now at Ross County?

I know it's all a laugh, but some of the shite you spout on here is quite damaging. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CoF said:

Take your word for it - like your claim the contract clause removal was announced at the AGM, when it wasn't? 

Or that last Christmas, Robinson was definitely fucked because of CCTV footage, when he wasn't?

Or that John Hughes will never work in Scottish football again, because of appalling accusations I won't even repeat here, when he's now at Ross County?

I know it's all a laugh, but some of the shite you spout on here is quite damaging. 

Hughes still has questions to answer about his relationship with McCaffrerty. I was very surprised he got a job but so did Graham Rix Neil Lennon and Malky McKay so you should probably never rule anyone out. Robinson's missus got him off, without her evidence he would have been convicted. 

At the AGM it was stated that the club had offered Gallagher a new contract which they wouldn't have to do if the clause was still active. 

6 hours ago, Coatsy said:

Gallagher injury, ghost signings, illness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does your tinfoil hat come in Claret and Amber?

4 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

I get all the arguments about the websites injury page. As a club, we don't want to aid our rivals by divulging details of injuries. On the other hand, fans should be kept informed. Therefore its a fine line to tread. 

If we keep this page then it needs to be kept up to date and must list all injuries/illnesses. If we aren't able or willing to do that then then delete the page. 

Personally a simple list summarising players and injuries would do me. It should list all players involved but give no time spans.

Why should the Club 'keep the fans informed'?

Gallagher will be back playing shortly 

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

Do injured players go to games with the squad at the moment?

Would expect our captain to be there tonight, not streaming Call of Duty with "the boys".

I would expect our captain to be watching the game and willing us on to victory the same as the rest of us.....

4 hours ago, steelboy said:

Hughes still has questions to answer about his relationship with McCaffrerty. I was very surprised he got a job but so did Graham Rix Neil Lennon and Malky McKay so you should probably never rule anyone out. Robinson's missus got him off, without her evidence he would have been convicted. 

At the AGM it was stated that the club had offered Gallagher a new contract which they wouldn't have to do if the clause was still active. 

Hughes - that's not what you originally said. 

Robinson - that's not what you originally said. 

Gallagher - that's not what you originally said. 

Backtracking to try sound reasonable after initially talking shite. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, CoF said:

Hughes - that's not what you originally said. 

Robinson - that's not what you originally said. 

Gallagher - that's not what you originally said. 

Backtracking to try sound reasonable after initially talking shite. 

There is a  major difference between speculating on something that is going to happen  in the future and taking about something that has happened.

18 minutes ago, Great Balls of Shire said:

so when you're speculating or guessing,  its probably bollocks and not important if it damages someones reputation?? 

The Hughes comments are based on him giving a known paedophile(linked to a murder of youth player) a job with access to children. He has still never addressed this publicly and I don't believe he is a fit and proper person. 

Robinson was on video doing what the police believed was a physical assualt on his partner but which she later explained was for her own good. At the time my opinion of was the same as the Crown Office. 

16 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

Why should the Club 'keep the fans informed'?

The club has a good track record of relating to the fans; probably improved by being a fans owned club. Of late however, the social media content, although extremely slick, has taken on more of a marketing bias. Maybe a need to go back to basics? The debate on here proves that fans are interested in the injury list. This season its been of particular concern given its severity.   I'll repeat that there's no need to give out detailed information but it gives the fans some buy in and the club needs that badly.  At a very basic level fans would like to know if Eddie Nolan or Sam Foley are injured for example and there's been several posts addressing this very issue. I doubt very much if someone at the club took a little trouble to add their names to the list that characters such as Jack Ross or Tom Wright would gain valuable information to their advantage.

I'm most certainty not in the camp that because our fans own the club that we should be actively involved in absolutely everything but where's the harm or detriment in adding 2 names to a list? Fans have been asking the question - where are they?

1 minute ago, Kmcalpin said:

The club has a good track record of relating to the fans; probably improved by being a fans owned club. Of late however, the social media content, although extremely slick, has taken on more of a marketing bias. Maybe a need to go back to basics? The debate on here proves that fans are interested in the injury list. This season its been of particular concern given its severity.   I'll repeat that there's no need to give out detailed information but it gives the fans some buy in and the club needs that badly.  At a very basic level fans would like to know if Eddie Nolan or Sam Foley are injured for example and there's been several posts addressing this very issue. I doubt very much if someone at the club took a little trouble to add their names to the list that characters such as Jack Ross or Tom Wright would gain valuable information to their advantage.

I'm most certainty not in the camp that because our fans own the club that we should be actively involved in absolutely everything but where's the harm or detriment in adding 2 names to a list? Fans have been asking the question - where are they?

Yeah all well and good, but I genuinely dont think that the club need to give the fans all of the information we crave...in the old days we got literally fuck all info on the whereabouts of a player other than from teamsheets and when someone signed in or out. We have been pretty open in the recent past with information and maybe GA has come in and put a stop to it.

6 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Players being injured is one thing. New signings not being fit to play is bound to spark interest, especially when you are fighting relegation and in the midst of an injury crisis. Though I don't know quite what the club could say about that.

Who has said that they are not fit to play?

The Hughes comments are based on him giving a known paedophile(linked to a murder of youth player) a job with access to children. He has still never addressed this publicly and I don't believe he is a fit and proper person. 

Robinson was on video doing what the police believed was a physical assualt on his partner but which she later explained was for her own good. At the time my opinion of was the same as the Crown Office. 

End of the day you do tend to come out with things that are really not needed and have done for a prolonged period of time, Gallagher is just the latest in a long line that’s a mix of speculation, half truths, and just things totally out of order. Yes it’s a forum but you do go well past the acceptable line at times and rarely seem to accept it and apologise when things don’t turn out as stated. As I said in another post one or two individuals should be apologising to Gallagher not just on here but other social media channels if he genuinely had a injury because some of its been totally unacceptable and it helps no one including the club when they are trying to retain our better players. I certainly could not blame Gallagher for telling us to get to f##k which is a shame.

• Like 1

Are you a part time advisor to the Crown office as that might explain why they are making such a James Hunt of the Alex Salmond conspiracy.

2 minutes ago, Coatsy said:

Who has said that they are not fit to play?

Foley played 10 minutes, now he's injured. Nolan hasn't appeared and is apparently injured. That's according to information from people on here, though I haven't seen anything official. Do you think they are fit to play?

so as I suggested   , speculation and probably bollocks

1 minute ago, bobbybingo said:

Foley played 10 minutes, now he's injured. Nolan hasn't appeared and is apparently injured. That's according to information from people on here, though I haven't seen anything official. Do you think they are fit to play?

I have no idea i did not think anyone of them had played, Lawless played and was reported injured after that brief appearance. Nolan and Foley i have heard nothing about at all. I wondered if Alexander had seen them in training and told them not to bother coming back