2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

That's embarrassing. Why would anyone think that's a worthwhile thing to do? Describing still having a job, with decent pay compared most,  as hell because he doesn't get to play in a game is something else. I can imagine being shite all season is everyone else's fault too. 

They tweets from polworths mrs are embarrassing,clearly she is just coming away with stuff he has been telling her,robinson lasley and alexander have all spoke about issues in the dressing room and it's now safe to say polworth is surely one of the problems,the sooner he is out of the club the better.

17 minutes ago, mfc said:

They tweets from polworths mrs are embarrassing,clearly she is just coming away with stuff he has been telling her,robinson lasley and alexander have all spoke about issues in the dressing room and it's now safe to say polworth is surely one of the problems,the sooner he is out of the club the better.

Yeah I always think the missus sticking their neb in is rather embarrassing for the player or should be. He big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles surely?

23 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Yeah I always think the missus sticking their neb in is rather embarrassing for the player or should be. He big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles surely?

Not sure to be honest. Irrespective of the rights and wrongs, and indeed advisability, of this particular case and post, if the player himself had posted that he'd be in deep trouble.

19 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not sure to be honest. Irrespective of the rights and wrongs, and indeed advisability, of this particular case and post, if the player himself had posted that he'd be in deep trouble.

of course he would , so what benefit is their to him for her open her gob and let her belly rumble. Does he seriously think it helps his position. If he is not in GAs plans he will know and will be gone in 2 months anyway seems an utterly pointless case of his misses embarrassing herself and him. 

13 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

of course he would , so what benefit is their to him to let her open her gob and let her belly rumble. Does he seriously thing it helps his position. If he is not in GAs plans he will know and will be gone in 2 months. Seems an utter pointless case of his misses embarrassing herself and him. 

If I was a footballer I would go nowhere near social media, not worth the abuse that comes with it. When I see the list list of footballers complaint about abuse I always think “ just close the account”. Yes no one should have to do that but it’s the world we live in, it’s going to happen.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

If I was a footballer I would go nowhere near social media, not worth the abuse that comes with it. When I see the list list of footballers complaint about abuse I always think “ just close the account”. Yes no one should have to do that but it’s the world we live in, it’s going to happen.

They don't even have to close their account, they just need to learn how to work the privacy settings so only their mates can see it. Doesn't help with what their wives might feel the need to post, mind you.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Methinks  shes had one too many  sherries and Polworth probably didn't even know she had posted that stuff. When he found out, telt her to delete it pronto.

Would love to be a fly on the dressing room wall tomorrow.

I thought that too, but it's not as though it was one night, like over a two hour period, pissed after Ant and Dec...she's seems a fuckin' fruitbat...

46 minutes ago, KirkySuperSub said:

I thought that too, but it's not as though it was one night, like over a two hour period, pissed after Ant and Dec...she's seems a fuckin' fruitbat...

Aye you can imagine her sittin in her pals house

3pm How come ma man's no playing again.

9pm and 2 bottles of prosecco later

See that Alexander he's a pure bastard so he is, where's ma fone.

• Haha 1

For the sake of pure speculation and a view to next season. Connor shields at QOTS worth a look? 

Started at Albion rovers, got a big move to Sunderland which never really worked out and had a few moves since, 9 goals in 17 games this season, 3 assists. Out of contract in May, still only 23.

Anyone know more about him?

I've fought his corner across his time at the club so I find the breakdown in relations quite sad. Polworth had his critics even when he was delivering a number of assists and the odd goal or two last season so there's no question there's always been doubts from many about his ability but first season I did enjoy watching him and felt there was a player there that brought something to the team.

Second season has been awful though, there's no denying that.  It's speculative as to whether he took the hump about getting sidelined due to the brief return of Turnbull and never quite got over that, or whether the pandemic has caused difficulties off the field but there's no question on what we've seen from him on the park this season the sooner he's out the door the better for all concerned.  There were claims that the red at Pittodrie was almost a deliberate attempt to get himself sent off and whilst I might have taken that with a pinch of salt there was no question it was daft on his part.  To then follow that up with the penalty conceded against St Johnstone though was just utter stupidity. I would say Alexander has demonstrated that he isn't the least bit bothered about having Polworth in his team and Polworth has responded in kind.

A bit sad all the same.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Well Well said:

Appears Polworth may definitely have moved on. His missus on Twitter having a right go at Alexander and saying the hell will be over in 5 weeks. After a few comments from Well fans she has deleted her account

Why the feck do people feel the need to follow players wife's on twitter thats just wrong.  The player I can get, but his wife ffs thats an embarrassment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Andy_P said:

I've fought his corner across his time at the club so I find the breakdown in relations quite sad. Polworth had his critics even when he was delivering a number of assists and the odd goal or two last season so there's no question there's always been doubts from many about his ability but first season I did enjoy watching him and felt there was a player there that brought something to the team.

Second season has been awful though, there's no denying that.  It's speculative as to whether he took the hump about getting sidelined due to the brief return of Turnbull and never quite got over that, or whether the pandemic has caused difficulties off the field but there's no question on what we've seen from him on the park this season the sooner he's out the door the better for all concerned.  There were claims that the red at Pittodrie was almost a deliberate attempt to get himself sent off and whilst I might have taken that with a pinch of salt there was no question it was daft on his part.  To then follow that up with the penalty conceded against St Johnstone though was just utter stupidity. I would say Alexander has demonstrated that he isn't the least bit bothered about having Polworth in his team and Polworth has responded in kind.

A bit sad all the same.

He's got a lot of talent and had an excellent first season with us.

I feel for him in as much as he's not the type of player who's suited to tracking back or winning physical battles.

For whatever reason it's not worked out for him and us this season.  He's been villianised  as someone who doesn't try or deliberately got sent of. In reality he's it's more likely that he's got frustrated, fallen out of form and no way real way back into the team.

Hope it works out for him at his next club. 

• Like 2

Polworth was excellent first season, not given near enough credit for the amount of assists. As with just about everyone else his form dropped this season sadly and he’s clearly not in GA’s plans so he will move on. All the talk of getting sent off on purpose, being a negative influence and the likes is just more speculation.

2 hours ago, Andy_P said:

A bit sad all the same.

Threw his toys out of the pram and spat the dummy out at the start of the season when we were playing Turnbull in front of him to prove to Celtic that he was fit.

Never really got his head round it and couldn’t give a feck since. 

4 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Why the feck do people feel the need to follow players wife's on twitter thats just wrong.  The player I can get, but his wife ffs thats an embarrassment.

only posting what has been widely reported, wind yer neck back in.

6 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

I think it's more a case of the Tweet being picked up by one person and then shared via fans Motherwell accounts and social media pages.