2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

David

35 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

Anyone from the area seen any players hanging about the landmarks of Motherwell getting their pictures taken for the club Twitter account?

Liam Kelly outside the Civic? Dolly Menga outside Mecca Bingo?  Anthony Stokes outside the Police Station?

I saw Stephen odonnell in Tim Hortons yesterday,  was going to ask for £15 refund from sat game!! Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, garryh2205 said:

A bit surprised to see St Mirren have signed Eamon Brophy from Kilmarnock on a pre contact. 

30 odd goals in 100 appearances for Killie. Nearly a goal in every 3 games (don’t think we’ve got anyone near these figures ?)

I know he played for Accies, but think he could have done a turn for us. 

Surely he’s the sort of player we should be looking at as opposed to some of the dross we’ve been subjected to recently ?

Are you joking? Brophy has far too much experience of the top division for us to be signing him. Now, if you can find a striker with a 1 in 5 record from The Eastern Durham League, please feel free to make a sensible suggestion. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, garryh2205 said:

A bit surprised to see St Mirren have signed Eamon Brophy from Kilmarnock on a pre contact. 

30 odd goals in 100 appearances for Killie. Nearly a goal in every 3 games (don’t think we’ve got anyone near these figures ?)

Surely he’s the sort of player we should be looking at as opposed to some of the dross we’ve been subjected to recently ?

Not that I don't like Brophy but I don't think it really makes sense for either party to be signing players for next season while we don't have a manager.

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

If we are getting Liam Kelly in it's good work from the club. It's just a shame Archer couldn't play on Saturday but I don't blame him with the plastic. Crazy to think Robinson started Chapman over Archer a few times. 

yes, but we never really knew how bad chapman  was until somebody hit the ball RIGHT AT HIM ,:agree:  he was an english  international at feckin   dodgy ball

Chapman was brought in as longer term cover for Fox. It made sense to play him when Carson got injured and Archer had only just arrived. Once it became clear that Atprcher was the better keeper and was up to speed, it made sense to play him. It now transpires that Archer, to all extent and purposes, wasn't available last Saturday it made sense to give Chapman another chance, which he clearly didn't take. Hopefully Liam Kelly, or whoever comes in, can hit the ground running.

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

I'd assume the source close to Gallacher is his agent, and he's just sounding out other clubs/trying to get things moving by citing this clause.

If his agent can get him a move to Celtic off the back of his performances this season then he deserves every penny of that commission.

Aye, mentioning the clause is pretty much a dead giveaway to me. No doubt the fact he's an established Scottish internationalist will be the big selling point, which'll be conveniently ignored when we refuse to make his dream come true for 2 bob and a Mars bar.

3 minutes ago, bobbybingo said:

Aye, mentioning the clause is pretty much a dead giveaway to me. No doubt the fact he's an established Scottish internationalist will be the big selling point, which'll be conveniently ignored when we refuse to make his dream come true for 2 bob and a Mars bar.

Those barsteward s will offer less than 2 Bob and a Mars bar.

1 hour ago, garryh2205 said:

Scored a goal every three games in the Scottish Premiership, but can he do it on a cold night in Barrow in Furness?

4 hours ago, garryh2205 said:

I know they still count but a lot of Brophy's goals are penalties.

He's also had various 'droughts' over the past few seasons, definitely not a consistent scorer.

Probably better than some of our current strikers but not sure he's the answer.

14 hours ago, bobbybingo said:

I see skippy is quoted in one of the green ugly sisters forums saying that he thinks Gallagher is not Celtic quality,  despite him being an  "avid Celtuc fan" and seemingly desperate to play for them.

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/scott-mcdonald-doesnt-sound-overly-convinced-with-declan-gallagher-to-celtic/

21 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I see skippy is quoted in one of the green ugly sisters forums saying that he thinks Gallagher is not Celtic quality,  despite him being an  "avid Celtuc fan" and seemingly desperate to play for them.

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/scott-mcdonald-doesnt-sound-overly-convinced-with-declan-gallagher-to-celtic/

Probably sees his chance, now or never. Leaky defence and a manager on borrowed time  who won't be given millions to shore it up. Dare say I'd feel the same if it was me and Motherwell were sniffing about. If he wants to stay and fight for us, great, if no, cheerio. Wonder if the Mars bar will be in fun size installments.

5 hours ago, Spiderpig said:

Wee Skippy will pish on anybody's chips :lol: