Jump to content

David

2020/21 Transfer Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

If Rooney wants the £4k a week he was on in the National League then Fir Park won't be his final destination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rooney was freed by Alexander at Salford last March as he wasn't in his plans, Wikipedia states he has only played twice for Solihull since. Not sure if he's had injury problems or has just struggled to get a game but could take a few games to get up to speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nor sure why we would want a 32 year old who isn't getting a game for solihull. There must be better options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fizoxy said:

Nor sure why we would want a 32 year old who isn't getting a game for solihull. There must be better options.

Agreed, he is well past his best, not getting a game for a national league side says it all really,  plus GA punted him from Salford so I can't see him bringing  him in, money can be better spent elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reliable source. I agree as well though however he did sign for them in March but couldn’t play as the virus hit. It’s a pretty uninspiring signing for a 32 year old who was starting to fade at Aberdeen. Personally I’d prefer someone younger. However his scoring record speaks for itself and if he can come in and hit the ground running to take us up the league it’s fine by me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His record is very decent, certainly better than anyone we have at the club just now and he did score plenty at Salford so not sure what went on there. However I’m not convinced he’s the right player for us just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were desperate for a player that scored goals? 

We needed players with pedigree and experience?

If we can get him on a 6 month or 18 month contract then I'd say its good business 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Al B said:

Also, that side was being absolutely slaughtered by the fans. That Clyde game was the turning point for Higdon as well, up til that point in all fairness we hadnt quite worked out his game and how he fit in to the side, but before that fans wanted him run out the club. After the Clyde game we really kicked off on an upward turn.

We had taken 10 of 15 points from our opening 5 matches. 

The first game was trouncing ICT 3 nil with Lasley scoring a screamer and I remember being in a beer garden after it hearing that Any Winehouse was dead. There was also the game Hateley scored the free kick at Paisley to put us top.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Once Onthefringes alludes to the possibility of a deal happening with Rooney I might start to believe it!  :D:D:D

:lol: I’m on the quiet coach on the relegation express

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

I thought we were desperate for a player that scored goals? 

We needed players with pedigree and experience?

If we can get him on a 6 month or 18 month contract then I'd say its good business 

Bottom of the spfl playing utter pish, why would a player of pedigree and experience want to come to us. Rooney is the market we are in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

:lol: I’m on the quiet coach on the relegation express

Relegation looks a very distinct possibility , despite all the positive noises about St Mirren game and blaming Madden we were utter pish the second half and weve watched that script all season. Teams round about us picking up points while we still throw them away every week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the net and I’m hoping for someone with a record of a goal every two games, I believe Rooney is around one every three games so obviously not good enough.  I still believe the top strikers are queuing up at Fir Park as we speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

We need someone that can put the ball in the back of the net and I’m hoping for someone with a record of a goal every two games, I believe Rooney is around one every three games so obviously not good enough.  I still believe the top strikers are queuing up at Fir Park as we speak.

Not much chance of getting a 1 in 2 level striker at the best of times never mind sitting bottom of the league in January.  

We need someone that's going to come in and score 5 or 6 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Anything more than that would be a real coup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not much chance of getting a 1 in 2 level striker at the best of times never mind sitting bottom of the league in January.  

We need someone that's going to come in and score 5 or 6 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Anything more than that would be a real coup.

Would also help if we could stop putting the ball in the net for the opposition most weeks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Not much chance of getting a 1 in 2 level striker at the best of times never mind sitting bottom of the league in January.  

We need someone that's going to come in and score 5 or 6 goals in the remaining 16 games.

Anything more than that would be a real coup.

I would say we have.zero chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

Bottom of the spfl playing utter pish, why would a player of pedigree and experience want to come to us. Rooney is the market we are in. 

I'm saying Rooney is a player of pedigree and experience, but still folk aren't happy.

Played a decent number of championship games, and loads of SPL experience. At 32 he shouldn't have fallen off a cliff from where he was 2 years ago and that was doing a good job for Aberdeen.

Much like Lawless, he's not exciting but he's proven he can do the business in this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Rooney stayed in the box and we could play balls off him he would be more effective than many of our forwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know anything bout this guy however he’s popped a few times in the last week or so that we’re interested in him. Could be one if the Rooney deal doesn’t happen it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I have suggested before and been laughed at but why dont we ask Chelsea if Billy Gilmour was available on loan, yes I know answer probably no but hey if you don't ask.......

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Don’t know anything bout this guy however he’s popped a few times in the last week or so that we’re interested in him. Could be one if the Rooney deal doesn’t happen it seems.

He's 6'5 and doesn't score many,I'm not sure he's what we're needing right now,surely it would mean white leaving if we did bring another target man in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

I know I have suggested before and been laughed at but why dont we ask Chelsea if Billy Gilmour was available on loan, yes I know answer probably no but hey if you don't ask.......

Has he not started playing first team football since he came back from injury? I'm sure I saw him last week in their Man City game..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, steelboy said:

The season isn't going to be called early.  We are probably past the peak of infections and the Premiership is returning 99.9% negative tests.

 

4500 people were admitted to hospital today for covid across the UK. That number is frightening. If that keeps up the health service will break, and the country will be on curfews and house arest. Fitbaw will be an afterthought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

I know I have suggested before and been laughed at but why dont we ask Chelsea if Billy Gilmour was available on loan, yes I know answer probably no but hey if you don't ask.......

Why dont we ask Barcelona if Messi fancies a few weeks in the shire?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mfc said:

He's 6'5 and doesn't score many,I'm not sure he's what we're needing right now,surely it would mean white leaving if we did bring another target man in.

That would be awfy sad

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You obviously can't judge folk off YouTube videos but in the comp that was going round a few days ago Smith looked a bit more mobile than some of the other lumps we've had up top recently. Despite his height he scored a decent variety of goals that I wouldn't expect someone like White or Blyth to even attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

Twitter @MotherwellFC

×