New home kit 2020-21

Ross

5 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Was it home made? As out with the big sides there were no smaller team replicas available in the 60s. 

No it was shop bought l would be about 12 at the time l had white shorts but didn't have the socks so got the black and red Rangers ones a bit of a strange combination.

Edit: It is possible that it was specially made because the horizontal bar was stitched on so removable.

Edited by Eck
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eck said:

No it was shop bought l would be about 12 at the time l had white shorts but didn't have the socks so got the black and red Rangers ones a bit of a strange combination.

Edit: It is possible that it was specially made because the horizontal bar was stitched on so removable.

Dennis Law endorsed Umbroset’s were available in the mid 60s, and I think were the first commercially available boys replicas. Although, the only Scottish sides they did were Rangers, Celtic, Hearts and perhaps Hibernian. I suspect any Motherwell shirts were locally produced in very small numbers. 

umbroset.jpg

Sadly out before the proper Europa tournament kicks off, and another full claret hooped shirt opportunity missed. We have clearly too much belief in the team that one day we will make the group stages. Perhaps if we change our kit strategy we just might do it. I can hear the conversation now...

“Hi it’s Motherwell, can you produce some home shirts without the full hoop as we’ve only gone and qualified for the Europa league group stages.” :biggrin::yahoo: Joking aside, the kit has looked great so far. 

• Like 1