Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

29 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Will be interesting to see what the club do. 

As it is a UEFA competition then I am quite sure there will be stringent rules around broadcasting. If Glentoran win though there may be enough interest from a Premier Sports but I doubt BT would be interested. 

BBC Iplayer I believe is playing the game tonight so may be similar next week. 

However part of season ticket offering was free entry to 1st Europa game. So if it club streamed the game we would get for free but if not then does that carry over to next round and we may draw Spurs.  In which case BT would probably show the game. 

Q remains will we get a European game as part of season ticket money. I am not overly bothered myself but there must come a time where it becomes a real issue for the club and more so fans. Season ticket works out on ave £18 per game v £12 for streaming ! The more games we miss the more the club will have to consider refund. And probably hope again that most season ticket holders do not request any refund. 

Interesting and frustrating times !

Season ticket holders get the streaming for free as they are still due to get entry to 19 attended games whenever they occur.

49 minutes ago, ropy said:

Season ticket holders get the streaming for free as they are still due to get entry to 19 attended games whenever they occur.

I did say that. But what is not clear is if it is simple as the club streaming the game. The deal we have with Sky / SPFL is completely separate from a Europa League game under UEFA. It may be simple as UEFA have stated no fans attend even if local Gov allows. 

Point is no one knows as yet. 

1 hour ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I did say that. But what is not clear is if it is simple as the club streaming the game. The deal we have with Sky / SPFL is completely separate from a Europa League game under UEFA. It may be simple as UEFA have stated no fans attend even if local Gov allows. 

Point is no one knows as yet. 

All the Irish League teams involved in the Europa League this week have had their games, home or away, streamed on BBC Sport and the iPlayer, so if the Glens get through, I don't see why they wouldn't get that access when they managed to get Legia Warsaw v Linfield.

We should be favourites but sadly the standard of Scottish football these days has long past a time where we could go into a match like this with any kind of arrogance about winning.

In recent times our clubs have lost to teams from  Luxembourg, Malta, Cyprus, Iceland, Wales, Armenia, Lithuania and Kazakhstan.

Excluding Rangers and Celtic we've had 28 teams in the Europa League in the last 10 years and 18 of them were eliminated immediately after one tie. No one has made it past the 3rd Qualifying round since 2011-12.

10 YEAR RECORD - SCOTTISH NON MAJOR CITY BASED CLUBS IN EUROPA LEAGUE

2019-20  Connah's Quay defeated KILMARNOCK 3-2 agg

2017-18 FK Trakai defeated ST JOHNSTONE 3-1 agg

2015-16 Astra Giurgiu defeated INVERNESS 1-0 agg

2015-16 Alashkert defeated ST JOHNSTONE 2-2 (a) agg

2014-15 Stjarnan defeated MOTHERWELL 5-4 agg

2014-15 ST JOHNSTONE defeated Luzern 2-2 (a) agg

2014-15 Spartak Trnava defeated ST JOHNSTONE 3-2 agg

2013-14 Kuban Krasnodar defeated MOTHERWELL 3-0 agg

2013-14 ST JOHNSTONE defeated Rosenborg 2-1 agg

2013-14 Minsk defeated ST JOHNSTONE 1-1 (pens) agg

2012-13 Levante defeated MOTHERWELL 3-0 agg

2012-13 Eskisehrispor defeated ST JOHNSTONE 3-1 agg

2010-11 MOTHERWELL defeated Breidablik 2-0 agg

2010-11 MOTHERWELL defeated Aalesund  4-1 agg

2010-11 Odense defeated MOTHERWELL 3-1 agg

58 minutes ago, steelboy said:

The Stjarnan result will never not piss me off. 

Done out a trip to Poland by a midget goalie.

Lasley 100% to blame for that shambles, giving away 3 pens over 2 games, no excuse for that the fame should have been sorted at Fir Park

And missing out on serious dough as many Polish exiles I believe had indicated a high turn out at FP.

Our frustration made all the worse as Sjarnan beat Legia and played Inter Milan in following round.

As for finger pointing yes Lasley must have felt hellish but let's not forget Vigurs at FP trying a ridiculous shot when a simple effort to score was on a plate . This occurred when we were coasting .

Still seething!!

On 8/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, Stu92 said:

What’s the deal with Premier Sports anyway? Can you pay for one-off games or is there a minimum term?

£9.99 per month, or £99.99 for the year. Premier Sports have all Scottish knockout games (League & Scottish Cup) if you buy the channel on their website you can get it for £80 for the year by using the promo code GLASGOW80 (for Glasgow Warriors, they also cover Pro14 Rugby) or call them and see what they offer. Last year they had an introductory deal of £49 for the year for new customers

On 8/22/2020 at 1:34 PM, wellowell said:

Game on Thursday is on premier sports 2 so would be surprised if Motherwell could show it as well but time will tell 

That would be disappointing if we are forced to pay to watch the game on top of season ticket. If I recall part of the Season ticket offering was entry to a Europa league game or I assume free streaming to watch the game. 

7 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

That would be disappointing if we are forced to pay to watch the game on top of season ticket. If I recall part of the Season ticket offering was entry to a Europa league game or I assume free streaming to watch the game. 

The offer was free entry and I guess the free streaming was just an assumption.

35 minutes ago, Shaka said:

£9.99 per month, or £99.99 for the year. Premier Sports have all Scottish knockout games (League & Scottish Cup) if you buy the channel on their website you can get it for £80 for the year by using the promo code GLASGOW80 (for Glasgow Warriors, they also cover Pro14 Rugby) or call them and see what they offer. Last year they had an introductory deal of £49 for the year for new customers

Presumably the club will receive a one off fee for for this game from Premier Sports?

14 hours ago, Shaka said:

It's only £9.99 per month if you take the 6 month contract option. If you want to subscribe for one month only, it's £11.99

15 hours ago, Shaka said:

Glad this discussion came up. :)

I had a £11.99p.m. subscription for the Pro14, I didn't know about the above offers when I took it out!

I thought I cancelled the subscription back in March but it turns out it was only suspended and is just about to restart - so this discussion was perfect timing, as due to redundancy I can't justify the additional expense and need to cancel.  I just need to decide whether to make one payment of £11.99, which should cover our European adventure this year!  

For those in a different position, if you subscribe and then cancel, they generally offer a discounted rate for a further 3 months.