Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

21 minutes ago, grantrussell said:

Sorry for the delay in an official club announcement. We will make the game available for free to season ticket holders as we promised. We just have one or two things to tie off before an official announcement. Thanks for your patience.

Appreciated. Nappy wearers and porridge dribblers on here can now rejoice.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, underboyleheating said:

If we don’t beat what is effectively a part time team then I think we can close Fir Park for good. This should finish at least 2-3 nil to us if we approach the game in the correct manner. 

I only glanced at this at first, hope the score isn’t 2-3.

10 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I hope we win.  I think we'll win.

It wouldn't surprise one bit if we lose.

I agree and think (and hope) that we win.

According to google translate, "It will not surprise me if we lose" in Latin is "Non miror, si amittimus"

I think we should make that our new club motto, though, as I don't think I've ever been surprised when any team beat us.

19 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

No excuses on this one. This is a match that we should be winning comfortably even in our current form. 

Agreed they are a part time side that finished 5th in the NI league so we should be massive favourites,  but this was the same story when we played Llanelli and Albion rovers, so a good professional attitude is required from the start.

we have better players so I fully expect a comfortable win and a place in the 3rd round draw on Tuesday 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spiderpig said:

Agreed they are a part time side that finished 5th in the NI league so we should be massive favourites,  but this was the same story when we played Llanelli and Albion rovers, so a good professional attitude is required from the start.

we have better players so I fully expect a comfortable win and a place in the 3rd round draw on Tuesday 

They are full time apart from, according to their website, "Cricky Gallagher", who is " the only part-time player at Glentoran who trains five times a week with the full-time cohort at the club."

With no Turnbull in the team tonight I really fear the worse, our one quality player could have produced a moment of brilliance to win the game so we have lost that . Hopefully our players want it more and it shows on the park don't care if is an OG that take us through we have to win for all sorts of reasons 

Think it'll be a tough match and not too fussy how we win as long as we progress on the night.

Losing DT this week hasn't been ideal timing preparation wise and makes it tougher for us. If we lose this one and I read any shite in the press about Diddy teams harming Scotland's coeffient and making life more difficult for the Bigot Brothers (despite Celtic's capitulation last night) I'll fecking lose it.

• Like 1

Obviously the Turnbull story has distracted somewhat from the buildup to tonight's game. I suspect even more so because of the lack of fans at the game. Might have helped in a bit lessening the amount of negativity that has been (rightly) present regarding Saturday's performance. But it's a Motherwell European game and I can't believe the lack of speculation regarding the team lineup or how the game will go. Obviously recent form has dampened enthusiasm for all things Motherwell..

For me, I'd be looking at ways to get two strikers playing up front together. But for defensive injuries, I'd be inclined to go 352. Could even do that playing Maguire in the back three or playing Lamie in the back three with Grimshaw and O'Donnell at wing back, but these are far from ideal. However we set up, it shouldn't be the same 433 with two wingers. Our wingers are offering little and general consensus is that none of our strikers play well as a lone striker. Would almost be tempted with a McGhee style squinty 442 with 3 centre midfielders and one winger although who that winger would be is anyone's guess....

Aye, between the poor start and the lack of getting to the game this has been very underwhelming. Which is a shame.

Maybe with Turnbull being gone that distraction will be away from the team and people will step up and take the challenge on. Let's not forget that Polworth was one of our best players last season and was a big part in our 4-3-3 with wingers working so I'd be tempted to go with what worked before and give it another chance with the personnel that made it work. So 4 at the back, same as last 2 games, Polworth coming in for Turnbull, Watt in for White and see how it goes. On paper this is the weakest side we've faced this season so far so gives us the chance to kick start our season.  Let's see how it goes. I'm still excited.

We all know it will be the same team as last week, with Polworth for Turnbull!

White is shit, but has a track record of goals in the scottish lower leagues, and lets be honest Glentoran are nothing more than an Alloa level championship club so I think he will score in a terrible 1-0 victory for us