Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

2 minutes ago, Inthebasement said:

His co-commentary has been painful. It's difficult not to say one remotely positive thing re Well in 90 mins live chat but he managed it comfortably.

To be fair a couple on here give him a run for his money. Anyway a moral boosting first win of the season thank goodness.

• Like 1

To be fair a couple on here give him a run for his money. Anyway a moral boosting first win of the season thank goodness.
Well I think any criticism of the team since the start of the season has been well deserved and that includes the first half of this game. We only started to get a grip of this game when they went down to 10 men. God knows if we would have won if they kept 11 on the park. My only hope is this gave some a boost in their confidence going into a tough run of games in next few weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Inthebasement said:

His co-commentary has been painful. It's difficult not to say one remotely positive thing re Well in 90 mins live chat but he managed it comfortably.

I agree the commentary was poor. The main lad (paul whatshisname) was horrendous but I think Craggs was trying too hard to be fair to both sides and it ended up a bit gibberish. Dont think he was negative to us at all

4 minutes ago, Well Well said:

Well I think any criticism of the team since the start of the season has been well deserved and that includes the first half of this game. We only started to get a grip of this game when they went down to 10 men. God knows if we would have won if they kept 11 on the park. My only hope is this gave some a boost in their confidence going into a tough run of games in next few weeks.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

We only took a grip of the game when Grimmy went off and O’Donnell played where he should have played from the start !!!

It was all about getting through and doing it with a few goals was a bonus but there's still a lot of work needing done,we should be looking at a short term option at left back until the injuries clear up as moving odonnell there to accommodate grimshaw just can't happen,grimshaw is a nightmare that seems to cause nothing but problems.good to see polworth back with a decent performance.

4 minutes ago, Andy H said:

So what do we prefer.  Seeded and out in round 3 or Unseeded, draw a low seed with a good chance of making the Play offs?

More rounds and more money please. Especially if fans can't even get in to watch.

4 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Jock Brown and Lewis Irons are a little bit less even handed on the stream's commentary. It's actually quite a good listen.

I actually really struggle to listen to them, feel like they try to put a pro-Motherwell slant on everything but in a really annoying way.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

I actually really struggle to listen to them, feel like they try to put a pro-Motherwell slant on everything but in a really annoying way.  

It is the home team commentary feed, so I don't mind that. It used to be much more biased last season when it was Lewis + a well player as co-commentator.

3 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Has anyone done the maths on whether we go in as seeded or not yet? Would much prefer a winnable tie in the next round and then a spanking in the third once we’ve got the cash 

Depends on the Maribor Coleraine game currently in AET and on the BBC website

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

What cash do we earn for progressing? Is there a payment per round? 

Last season's payments were quoted as:

• Preliminary round: €220,000
  • First qualifying round: €240,000
  • Second qualifying round: €260,000
  • Third qualifying round: €280,000
  • Play-off round elimination: €300,000
  • Base fee for group stage: €2,920,000
  • Group match victory: €570,000
  • Group match draw: €190,000
  • Group winners: €1,000,000
  • Group runners-up: €500,000
  • Round of 32: €500,000
  • Round of 16: €1,100,000
  • Quarter-finals: €1,500,000
  • Semi-finals: €2,400,000
  • Runner-ups: €4,500,000
  • Champions: €8,500,000

Those are the fixed payments, I believe, then there is additional TV money depending on the size of the local market.

33 minutes ago, Andy H said:

So what do we prefer.  Seeded and out in round 3 or Unseeded, draw a low seed with a good chance of making the Play offs?

According to the Herald, for us to be seeded in the next round, two of the following teams needed to lose in the First Qualifying Round:

• APOEL Nicosia                                  
  • Malmö FF                            
  • Partizan Belgrade                               
  • FCSB                                               
  • NK Maribor                         
  • Hapoel Beer-Sheva                 
  • Rosenborg BK                    
  • Apollon Limassol                             
  • FC Fehérvár                              
  • Shkendija Tetovo                         
  • The New Saints
  • Dinamo Minsk