Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

26 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Does this mean any extra money for the club? 

If you mean from television payments, then not directly.

All the television money is pooled then, as per UEFA,  "the clubs receive a share of revenue fixed in accordance with the value of the TV market of the country they represent."

So the more money that is added to the pool the more money we should get from our "fixed share".

(at least I think it still works that way).

41 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

It’s live on BBC Northern Ireland. If you have a Sky box I think from  memory you can select that channel. 

Live on BBC Ireland Sports website. I think there is a difference. 

If we are able to watch via Sky that would be great but again I am not sure that is an option. Streaming via the website. Then if you have the technology to mirror on to your large TV if more reliable than club stream......

3 minutes ago, steelboy said:

I think BBC NI will have bought the rights from BT Sport. 

No extra money for us or Coleraine. 

BT have no interest in the rights as their central deal only takes effect from The group stages of the EL. 

In qualifying, the home side is always in control of the sale of live rights. 

Coleraine will have made money from this in the same way that we made money last round. 

This will be a tough match as Colraine look like a decent well organised outfit. I suspect they are of top  end Scottish championship quality and on their day they will be capable of shocking teams far better than us. There is a lot to be said for fighting spirit over quality. We will need to match that fighting spirit if we are going to progress any further.  Fingers crossed on that one. 

2 hours ago, texanwellfan said:

Not as much excitement or anticipation as I’d normally expect. Not sure if that’s ‘cause no one can go to the game or if we are fearing the worst. :mellow:

Yep totally we should all be in Belfast or portrush tonight enjoying ourselves.  No fans allowed has been terrible and I feel everyone's enthusiasm is waning. That's fans of all teams☹

Not sure why we should be worried about this one. A great opportunity to get through to the next round and even beyond that. Raises the international profile of the club and gaining a good few extra shekels at the same time. The worst case scenario is we get knocked out now and we have still made a few quid. As I see it, we literally have nothing to lose.

As for this fixture specifically, I expect Colraine to be better than Glentoran and their result in the last round shows that they have something about them. This is an exciting tie against new opposition. If we cannot get ourselves up for it and produce a performance then we need to have a good look at ourselves, poor start to the season, or not.

To put things into perspective without Coleraine beating Maribor on penalties we would have been the top ranked non seeded side. The team that then became the top ranked non seed drew Wolfsburg away. 

So yes it will be similar to Glentoran if not more difficult as we are away but Coleraine are part time and are one of the lowest ranked non seeded sides in the competition. However I expect Coleraine to be right at from the off. In our faces and try and not let us settle. As Robbo ALWAYS say you need to earn the right to win a game. 

I have rarely ever known a Motherwell side to start well go comfortably in the lead and have a comfortable game. It is not in our DNA. But hopefully the players take on warnings from Robbo and go out and apply themselves at 100%. If they do that we should come through into the next round. If they don’t and are off it then we would be in for another fraught evening. 

Its one of the best ties we could have got, they're top end Scottish championship level, this is equivalent to the Dundee cup game from January.

If we can get an early goal we should be fairly comfortable. It's a big if though. 

Draw for the play off round tomorrow so let's hope we have some interest in that and we can get excited about what a win next Thursday would mean.