Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

Its this long ball thing we have been playing its utter chronic and doesn't work.
We did this all last season until we got into bother and stopped it and started to play it on the deck and it got us into 3rd. Come the new season and we revert to type. Long diagonal balls from our central defenders who are virtually in the opposition half anyway. To be fair Ohara is terrible just now and Polworth is blowing hot and cold which leaves Campbell to run the midfield himself. God knows who was supposed to be the 4th midfielder as they were anonymous and got subbed for an even worse player. So I can understand a bit why the defence is totally bypassing our midfielders.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

We need to go back to basics 4 - 4 - 2  defend properly and be had to score against

Watched Barry McGuire in the same team as Campbell and Turnbull and the boy was an excellent ball playing centre half and someone decided to try and convert him into  midfielder and has set the boy’s career spiralling backwards. If he’s a worse centre half than Mugabie I’ll eat my cock. Obviously Robinson just doesn’t fancy the boy 

I agree with you that Maguire deserves a shot either in midfield or defence but 442 is dead...

At least tomorrow we can find out who we aren't playing in the play off round.

To go to bed on a positive at least we didnt totally capitulate after going down to 10 men and conceding the late equaliser.

I dont understand how we can be bigger, fitter and faster and still pick up less second balls against a part time side.

Anyway Aberdeen on Sunday .

10 minutes ago, wellsince75 said:

Individually there were horrendous performances and decision making BUT more worrying we don't look like a team.

Why we play 5-3-2 against such a poor opposition is beyond my understanding.  

For me MuGabi, Lamie, Maguire, Hastie, Seedorf, Lang , White are not good enough and have all featured as first team players.

I was really looking forward to this season but we've been dreadful to watch. 

I’d agree with that apart from Lang who might, just maybe, be ok and Maguire we’ve not seen enough of. But aye, the rest need punted as they are simply not good enough.

1 minute ago, GrahamH said:

IMO he’s the weak link in a back 4, more comfortable in a 3.

Don't think he's helped by Lamie at full back. Clearly Lamie is rated higher than McGinley by Robinson given we took off the guy playing left wing back to stick another player at left back. McGinley wasn't great tonight but he looks less likely to actively sell a goal...

3 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Don't think he's helped by Lamie at full back. Clearly Lamie is rated higher than McGinley by Robinson given we took off the guy playing left wing back to stick another player at left back. McGinley wasn't great tonight but he looks less likely to actively sell a goal...

McGinley and Campbell came off because they didn’t have much left in the tank

1 hour ago, Shaka said:

Weve given about 13 penalties this season and Carson hasnt been anywhere near a single one. We have 6 mins to score or suffer the indignity of losing on pens to a part time pub team

Ha got that one totally wrong then. In Trev we trust.

8 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

I agree with you that Maguire deserves a shot either in midfield or defence but 442 is dead...

4-4-2 isn't dead.

Especially at our level.

Too many people are watching top end of the game tactics and think that they translate into success with average or poor players. 

3 minutes ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

4-4-2 isn't dead.

Especially at our level.

Too many people are watching top end of the game tactics and think that they translate into success with average or poor players. 

If players are generally of a similar level which in the SPL they are, team who plays more midfielders controls the game...

26 minutes ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Its this long ball thing we have been playing its utter chronic and doesn't work.

Lamies distribution is awful and gallagher's constant pointing before he hoofs it up the park or plays an under hit cross field pass is becoming tedious as fuck.