Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

Given how poor we were against a Scottish league one level team on Thursday I didn't think we had a chance in Israel. After today though I am right up for it. We get through this and we have an unreal chance to raise the stock of our club and secure ourselves financially for years to come the following week.

Think we should go with the same line up as today, Grimmy was solid and Long's pace is electric. If White and/or Seedorf are somehow in the starting XI I will be straight in the "Robinson Out" camp. 

And someone please wrap Allan Campbell in cotton wool all week. 

29 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Given how poor we were against a Scottish league one level team on Thursday I didn't think we had a chance in Israel. After today though I am right up for it. We get through this and we have an unreal chance to raise the stock of our club and secure ourselves financially for years to come the following week.

Think we should go with the same line up as today, Grimmy was solid and Long's pace is electric. If White and/or Seedorf are somehow in the starting XI I will be straight in the "Robinson Out" camp. 

And someone please wrap Allan Campbell in cotton wool all week. 

The problem with these types of games is you always feel Scottish players can't press and play at pace when the temperature is scorching.  The forecast for Thursday night is over 28C.

If we are going to win in Israel it won't be the same way we did today.

On 9/18/2020 at 12:03 PM, Yodo said:

The manager is the problem he has signed players who should never be at our club . He picks the team lays down the tactics and supposedly coaches them on training pitch although you could never tell . As a previous poster said it's great to have money in the bank but to have no quality on the pitch could mean relegation ,it's never to soon to talk about relegation I think it's a definite chance with this squad and manager.Lets hope the players have the stomach for a relegation battle 

Have we ever had a manager you liked?

18 minutes ago, MelvinBragg said:

Has it been confirmed where we will play on Thursday given Israel's lockdown? I had seen talk of Cyprus mentioned but haven't seen anything set in stone?

Yes, Israel but not Hapeol Be'er Sheva's regular stadium which is undergoing works.  Somewhere north of Tel Aviv I think I read.

16 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

As a manager he still pretty inexperienced, right? So I’m sure he’ll improve with experience to where he will have less need to turn things around in the first place. 

I’m sure he will.

There hasn’t been a Manager in history that hasn’t had to turn things around at some point. Some succeed and some don’t.

The ones that do tend to have longer and more successful careers

1 hour ago, texanwellfan said:

As a manager he still pretty inexperienced, right? So I’m sure he’ll improve with experience to where he will have less need to turn things around in the first place. 

Absolutely, and that’s where continuity is important, clubs that go from one manager to another rarely have success. Let’s be honest we could have had three managers over the last three years if the board had crumbled every time we were on a bad run, Robinson would have been gone a couple of weeks ago this season. Personally I don’t believe there has been a single time over that period  that justified Robinson been sacked.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

I would imagine it will be the night/day before. Due to Covid they will be in and out  of Israel very quickly.

Hopefully early enough to get some practice at the stadium if they are even allowed to do that during the lockdown.  Quite a long flight so need some time to stretch the legs out and a decent rest to recover from the travel

44 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Hopefully early enough to get some practice at the stadium if they are even allowed to do that during the lockdown.  Quite a long flight so need some time to stretch the legs out and a decent rest to recover from the travel

I’m not sure what the official line is on travel but when Scotland were playing in Czech Rep, it was a quick in and out with no trip to the stadium prior to the match.