Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

I see their game was postponed this weekend as were others for teams involved in European competition. 

This is going to be a very tough ask of the team and management. 

An away draw in Israel is tough. The temperature at KO will be 27 degrees. I don’t think we probably have ever played in that temp in the UK but Beer Sheva will be used to it. They are rested and do not have at least one if not two flights and travel of 6hrs plus. 

They also finished 2nd in their league last season losing only 5 games out of 26. 

Will need to be 100% at it, have a decent fair referee and probably a large slice of luck along the way. 

2 hours ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I see their game was postponed this weekend as were others for teams involved in European competition. 

This is going to be a very tough ask of the team and management. 

An away draw in Israel is tough. The temperature at KO will be 27 degrees. I don’t think we probably have ever played in that temp in the UK but Beer Sheva will be used to it. They are rested and do not have at least one if not two flights and travel of 6hrs plus. 

They also finished 2nd in their league last season losing only 5 games out of 26. 

Will need to be 100% at it, have a decent fair referee and probably a large slice of luck along the way. 

Where you getting this from?

My google has them finishing 4th with 15 wins, 10 draws and 11 losses out of 36 games last year.

This season they've played 2 games, won one and lost one.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TdIszAyNDNg9BLLLC5KTM3JVCgoSs3NTC1SyElNTC9NBQC4kQtn&q=israeli+premier+league&oq=Israeli+pre&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46j0l2.4720j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11j8l5d5kd;2;/m/0f8216;st;fp;1;;

Aye it's a tough game but where are you getting this from?

35 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

My google has them finishing 4th with 15 wins, 10 draws and 11 losses out of 36 games last year.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tTP1TdIszAyNDNg9BLLLC5KTM3JVCgoSs3NTC1SyElNTC9NBQC4kQtn&q=israeli+premier+league&oq=Israeli+pre&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46j0l2.4720j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=lg;/g/11j8l5d5kd;2;/m/0f8216;st;fp;1;;

Possibly could be taking results from a different season into account. I hear that's all the rage when you're trying to paint a picture. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C&A not the shop said:

Google - clearly ignoring my request for 2019-2020 season.  User error probably. 

They last won league in 2017-2018 season. 

Still going to be tough. I would love for us to be streetwise and utilise whatever tactics it takes for us to get through. Even if it means adopting a little of the Coleraine approach to fouls in the box ! 

Fuck it - go out there and give it our best shot. We're a fit team with decent legs, no denying that. They aren't world beaters, but are a good outfit nonetheless - and not playing in their own ground will remove some small element of advantage?

Can we dae it? Aye. Do we need the rub of the green? Yup.

Will we? Unlikely - but I have everything crossed!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CoF said:

In the last 5 years they've beaten Inter Milan (twice), Olympiacos, Celtic and drawn with Southampton (twice), Steau Bucharest and Dinamo Zagreb. 

A win would be our best ever European result. It's a huge ask but I canny wait.

And we humiliated  the most successful club in the world ... twice

bring it on! 

*some of the above is unsubstantiated 

We're never gonna have a better chance of getting to the group stages . the two legged ties naturally favoured the stronger teams .  Anything less than playing at our best and we'll be out but the players have got to give it a go .  Knowing our luck , we'll somehow stumble through to the group stages , get a cracking group with glamour  teams and be fecked by covid into sitting in the house unable to attend games we dreamed of:lol:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Have we ever put out a team ranked higher than us in Europe? I can’t think of one, although I think the whole club coefficient thing came in relatively recently. 

Nah never, we've not beat a team we weren't favourites against yet, though we do have two big failures in Mypa47 and Stjarnaan.

The rest I'd say have went with the team you would have expected to win over the two legs.

10 minutes ago, C&A not the shop said:

Nah never, we've not beat a team we weren't favourites against yet, though we do have two big failures in Mypa47 and Stjarnaan.

The rest I'd say have went with the team you would have expected to win over the two legs.

That’s my recollection as well... the only one I could think of that was a decent (as opposed to great) result to go through was Aalesund

3 minutes ago, ohwulliewullie said:

That’s my recollection as well... the only one I could think of that was a decent (as opposed to great) result to go through was Aalesund

We haven't played anywhere near as many as them though - so the record could well be broken at some point. Of all the Scottish teams outwith OF - our ten year coefficient is better than all bar Aberdeen. That's respectable if you ask me. I suspect this may well be the end of the line - but I'd be feeling significantly more confident had it been a home tie, rather than necessarily the opposition themselves.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohwulliewullie said:

Biggest chance by a mile was that Odense game at Fir Park. 92nd minute away goal in the previous game, needing a 1-0 win and if I remember correctly we weren't short on chances at Fir Park yet found ourselves 3-1 down at half time. Penalty and down to 9 men at 85 minutes with us needing 2 to stay in the tie.

I'd have loved to have seen how those last few minutes panned out if we'd scored. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoF said:

Biggest chance by a mile was that Odense game at Fir Park. 92nd minute away goal in the previous game, needing a 1-0 win and if I remember correctly we weren't short on chances at Fir Park yet found ourselves 3-1 down at half time. Penalty and down to 9 men at 85 minutes with us needing 2 to stay in the tie.

I'd have loved to have seen how those last few minutes panned out if we'd scored. 

I tried to find highlights of our home tie vs Odense a few weeks ago but to no avail, if anyone has a link would appreciate it.