Europa League Campaign 2020-2021

Welldaft Mk1

I've also just seen the highlights from their last round.
Looks like our mutual loathing of the defensive game is clear to see! Embdy's game! haha!

Oh great, they like to lump it into the box and feed off the knock downs. We looked really comfortable with that last week.

Also, I'm sure I heard the commentator mention Janet Street Porter at one point. Not sure who she was playing for though.
  • Haha 1

Wonder what the clubs travel arrangements will look like. Presumably flying out tomorrow - but the situation with Israel lockdown at the minute probably makes an overnight unpalatable (not to mention expensive) - but I guess it’s too far to travel out and back in the day, players would be fucked. 

straight home after the match I’d think though. 

1 hour ago, daver said:

Oh great, they like to lump it into the box and feed off the knock downs. We looked really comfortable with that last week.

Also, I'm sure I heard the commentator mention Janet Street Porter at one point. Not sure who she was playing for though.

If Janet Street Porter playing they certainly aren't toothless up front!!!.....fang you very much

1 hour ago, Gaag said:

Wonder what the clubs travel arrangements will look like. Presumably flying out tomorrow - but the situation with Israel lockdown at the minute probably makes an overnight unpalatable (not to mention expensive) - but I guess it’s too far to travel out and back in the day, players would be fucked. 

straight home after the match I’d think though. 

I saw Robinson’s interview and he mentioned Jet2. I assume we have chartered a plane from them to fly straight from Glasgow to Tel Aviv. Lets face it sadly Jet2 will have a few spare planes sitting around at the moment. 

Flying out tomorrow AM and I would assume back after the game. 

Reminiscing about Panathanaikos game in Athens a few years back and i think it'll be similar conditions.

Game kicked off at like 10pm local time or something like that, and it was 28/29c  even at that time. Team did alright and held their own just about in the first half, but fell apart in the second due to the heat. Difference being that Panathanaikos were clearly several steps above us in terms of squad, performance and experience - Hapoel are maybe only 1 step up on that one.

I think if we put in a decent team performance, it'll all come down to how we adjust to the heat. I would certainly argue that our team is fitter than they were back then.

I know Beer Sheva postponed their game at weekend but I’m hoping that will backfire against them. Having only played 2 league games they may have hit more benefit from actually getting another game under their belt. For sure our performance and result at Aberdeen should have given the players a great boost ahead of this tie. COYW!!!!

I obviously want us to win but am very much in the wait and see camp as there's no word on a stream and I doubt there will be radio coverage. We could well end up relying on Twitter updates and I struggle to get much enthusiasm for that.

Knowing absolutely nothing about the opposition and not being able to attend the game if we do get through isn't helping get the excitement up either.

Saying that, I'll no doubt be scrambling about tomorrow night looking for any coverage I can find.