Party Bois

dinnae-punt-it

Motherwell players’ rowdy lockdown party broken up by cops after neighbours complain

Neighbours say defender Jake Carroll has friends over to his home in Larkhall three times a week with high-end vehicles spotted at the property.

Police broke up a rowdy party after Motherwell FC players were accused of breaching lockdown rules.

Officers were called to Irish defender Jake Carroll’s home in Larkhall, Lanarkshire, after neighbours complained that he was repeatedly having noisy shindigs with team-mates.

The latest party resulted in the player’s friends, including fellow defender Charles Dunne, being ordered to leave the semi-detached home at 1am on Sunday.

Police were told revellers had repeatedly turned up at Carroll’s home in recent weeks to enjoy loud dance music.

Carroll is understood to have told club bosses he stayed within lockdown rules.

He claimed he had formed an extended household with his friend Dunne and that there were only three other friends at the party, all of whom came from the same household.

0_Screen-Shot-2020-06-30-at-212139.png
Charles Dunne’s SUV (inset) was spotted at Jake Carroll’s property (Image: Daily Record)

He said all five stayed in the garden.

But his account is disputed by neighbours, who said Saturday night’s party started in the garden but ended up in his living room.

One neighbour said: “We live in a family-friendly new estate in Larkhall and Jake’s behaviour in recent weeks can only be described as antisocial.

“He has been breaking lockdown rules by having multiple friends, some of whom include other football players, stay over and by partying for two, sometimes three, nights a week.

“Saturday night was the final straw as his friends piled in, most of them turning up in high-end cars.

“The music started and didn’t stop. We have a neighbourhood WhatsApp group and many residents commented on how the noise had woken them up or had been keeping them up – and they don’t even live in the same street.”

The neighbour said residents had been angered after one partygoer roared around the estate in a car at high speed.

They added: “This is the behaviour of a professional footballer who is meant to be a role model. Many of the residents and children on the estate know of him and it’s not behaviour that is acceptable, never mind during lockdown.”

Dunne has been a regular guest at Carroll’s home. He left his Mercedes SUV, with a distinctive personalised number plate, outside the house after police ordered the party to disperse on Sunday.

Dunne, 27, recently announced he had signed a new short-term deal at Motherwell as he comes back from a groin injury.

Carroll, 28, has also been battling back to fitness after suffering a serious Achilles injury in February.

A neighbour who sent a complaint to Motherwell via the club’s online contact page wrote: “I was wondering what Motherwell FC’s stance is on a number of your players gathering at another player’s home for all-night parties each week?

“Clearly these men are breaking lockdown rules and have absolutely no regard for other individuals, not to mention neighbours, when they are all shouting, playing music and being extremely antisocial at 2am and 3am in the morning.”

0_18967756.jpg
Motherwell's Charles Dunne pictured playing against St Mirren in 2019 (Image: SNS Group)

Police Scotland’s divisional chief inspector Lex Baillie confirmed that partygoers were “encouraged” to go home.

He said: “We can confirm that we attended a property at Aquitania Crescent in Larkhall at about 1am on Sunday, following a complaint of noise from the property.

“Officers spoke to the occupants and encouraged them to go home. The gathering dispersed a short time later.”

1 hour ago, steelboy said:

Anyone in a neighbourhood WhatsApp chat is a complete ghoul.

The club should help Jake move somewhere less bigoted than Larkhall. 

Not entirely disagreeing, but one day, once youv had your hole a few times, you might get a bird and move in with her. Then she might even want to join one of those whatsapp or facebook groups.

Never ceases to amaze me the logic of footballers, just because training is back, doesn't mean the pandemic is over. Anyway hopefully in 6 months its Done and so is Dunne, as a club we are to benevolent to injured players, he should be away. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

Never ceases to amaze me the logic of footballers, just because training is back, doesn't mean the pandemic is over.

Its not just footballers. I'm sure most of us could produce a list, the length of your arm if not longer,  of those who have broken lockdown rules. 

7 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Its not just footballers. I'm sure most of us could produce a list, the length of your arm if not longer,  of those who have broken lockdown rules. 

Correct but would they appear on the front page of a National newspaper correctly or otherwise. Surprised nobody from Larky chapped the door to sort the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Jumbomuir said:

Correct but would they appear on the front page of a National newspaper correctly or otherwise.

Have you read the front page of the Record in recent weeks? This is pretty typical sensationalist fodder.

One neighbour said: “We live in a family-friendly new estate in Larkhall and Jake’s behaviour in recent weeks can only be described as antisocial.

Probably drowned out all the flutes and drums that waft through the air this time of year.

Dont know if story over dramatised but at end of day isn't good publicity. Club should have a word with the players concerned.   Jake would be better concentrating on getting past the halfway line before stopping and passing back the way.   

1 hour ago, Andy_P said:

We're all just going to take the Daily Record's account at it's absolutely not at all sensationalist word are we?

This this this this this.

Jake Carroll says it was within lockdown guidelines. An anonymous neighbour says it wasn't.

17 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

This this this this this.

Jake Carroll says it was within lockdown guidelines. An anonymous neighbour says it wasn't.

Having lived in Larkhall for many years I would be surprised if either Jake Carrol or his anonymous neighbour would know what is in the lockdown guidelines and what isn't.

4 minutes ago, Winning by Name said:

Having lived in Larkhall for many years I would be surprised if either Jake Carrol or his anonymous neighbour would know what is in the lockdown guidelines and what isn't.

I don’t know about Jake Carroll but I’m confused about the lockdown guidelines. Plenty of shops and businesses are too. 

23 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Having heard Dunn’s musical choice pounding out as he passed us on the way to the ground a few months ago I pity those that may have had to listen to it for hours. 

Its OK, he gets away with his music choice because he is fast!!,  that is usual defence of Dunne!! Ba boom 

3 hours ago, Jumbomuir said:

Never ceases to amaze me the logic of footballers, just because training is back, doesn't mean the pandemic is over. Anyway hopefully in 6 months its Done and so is Dunne, as a club we are to benevolent to injured players, he should be away. 

Charles Dunne was only there to drive people home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

I don’t know about Jake Carroll but I’m confused about the lockdown guidelines. Plenty of shops and businesses are too. 

To be fair, you don't really need to understand lockdown guidelines to know whether you're being an arsehole of a neighbour.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dinnae-punt-it said:

Motherwell's Charles Dunne pictured playing against St Mirren in 2019 (Image: SNS Group)

Police Scotland’s divisional chief inspector Lex Baillie confirmed that partygoers were “encouraged” to go home.

He said: “We can confirm that we attended a property at Aquitania Crescent in Larkhall at about 1am on Sunday, following a complaint of noise from the property.

“Officers spoke to the occupants and encouraged them to go home. The gathering dispersed a short time later.”

So that's what he done when he retired from football

The question is which neighbour is being the arsehole.

Probably Carroll, but there is always a chance you end up with a neighbour that doesn't like Irish or black people.

The quotes from the police:

He said: “We can confirm that we attended a property in Larkhall at about 1am on Sunday, following a complaint of noise from the property.

and from the club:

A Motherwell FC spokesman said: “We have spoken to those involved and accept their explanations.

“Nevertheless, we have reminded all of our players of their responsibilities, both with regards to the Scottish Government guidelines and also towards their neighbours.”

suggest it wasn't a big deal.

• Andy_P locked this topic