Party Bois

dinnae-punt-it

14 minutes ago, weeyin said:

The question is which neighbour is being the arsehole.

Probably Carroll, but there is always a chance you end up with a neighbour that doesn't like Irish or black people.

In Larkhall? Surely not...

• Haha 2

Bottom line is, if the household in question is blasting music at 2am or 3am then call the cops. Isn't there a law that says you need to pipe down after 11pm or something?

No doubt the admin of the WhatsApp group will know the answer to that.

From Andrew Wilson on twitter:

This caused grave concern for our supporter owned club. On detailed investigation it turns out to be without foundation or at best greatly exaggerated. A decent young athlete  conducts himself well. Many contacts to club from neighbours in support of him. Much appreciated thank u

13 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

I’m glad I’m not living next to him. I have enough issues with my neighbours playing loud dance music at ‘normal’ times. If true, he needs to get a grip and give his neighbours a rest from his ‘music’.

I just cant understand the mentality that thinks its acceptable to let rip with noise and fuck everyone else around you until 1 / 2 / 3 am  People know when they are noisy. I have a young neighbour and he occasionally knocks the door and says he is having a party and if the noise gets too much just to knock the door. The fact he makes that simple gesture and he doesn't party every weekend I wouldn't knock his door even when it has on occasion got a bit loud. Everyone is entitled to a blow out now and then and if they remain considerate to others and its not regular most folk will live with it

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, FirParkCornerExile said:

I just cant understand the mentality that thinks its acceptable to let rip with noise and fuck everyone else around you until 1 / 2 / 3 am  People know when they are noisy. I have a young neighbour and he occasionally knocks the door and says he is having a party and if the noise gets too much just to knock the door. The fact he makes that simple gesture and he doesn't party every weekend I wouldn't knock his door even when it has on occasion got a bit loud. Everyone is entitled to a blow out now and then and if they remain considerate to others and its not regular most folk will live with it

Exactly. We were all young once. I remember playing my newly purchased Iron Maiden vinyl album quite loud when I was a teenager and never thought anything about it. I was mortified, and apologetic when my middle aged neighbours chapped our door to ask me to turn it down a bit. After that I bought some headphones and if I did have people round for a party I kept any noise to a minimum. I still enjoy loud music, but in the right context eg: at a concert or festival.

My daughter has autism and a side effect of her disability is that she has very sensitive hearing. Any loud noise is unbearable to her. My knuckle dragging ned neighbours didn’t care and would turn the volume up if approached.  I basically had to call the police on a regular basis. Happily they sold up and our new neighbours are much better. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, underboyleheating said:

Exactly. We were all young once. I remember playing my newly purchased Iron Maiden vinyl album quite loud when I was a teenager and never thought anything about it. I was mortified, and apologetic when my middle aged neighbours chapped our door to ask me to turn it down a bit. After that I bought some headphones and if I did have people round for a party I kept any noise to a minimum. I still enjoy loud music, but in the right context eg: at a concert or festival.

Wow ,what a rebel you must have been in yer younger days.

Bet you had long hair too.

19 hours ago, stv said:

Wow ,what a rebel you must have been in yer younger days.

Bet you had long hair too.

No need to be a dick.

Lets get this thread closed off- definitely been given more attention than the story deserves.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 4:40 PM, weeyin said:

The question is which neighbour is being the arsehole.

Probably Carroll, but there is always a chance you end up with a neighbour that doesn't like Irish or black people.

The quotes from the police:

and from the club:

suggest it wasn't a big deal.

This was my first thought. Larkhall is not known for its tolerance and multicultural diversity. 

• Andy_P locked this topic