2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

4 minutes ago, mio said:

Not getting in. Logged on from 7.30 and was fine but zero showed. Tried To reboot and had a  bad gateway error. Nuxt error.

3 season ticket holders unable to watch game.... magic!! Thanks 

Think yourself lucky. My stream is working perfectly, unfortunately the team isn't.

Sorry to deviate from the match and back to online streaming chat...

Just had another look at our fixtures there. 3 home league games and the 2 away games are on Sky, so happy days for ST holders in lieu of knowing how away matches can be viewed. Game #6 is away to Celtic, can't imagine Sky getting that one so will be interested to see if/how away fans are dealt with across the board and whether the OF do anything differently.

5 minutes ago, Stu92 said:

Sorry to deviate from the match and back to online streaming chat...

Just had another look at our fixtures there. 3 home league games and the 2 away games are on Sky, so happy days for ST holders in lieu of knowing how away matches can be viewed. Game #6 is away to Celtic, can't imagine Sky getting that one so will be interested to see if/how away fans are dealt with across the board and whether the OF do anything differently.

Thats the theory of it but hopefully we will all get access in practice after last night's problems. I did eventually get to view parts of the game but that was through Youtube and not the club's stream. Hopefully a dummy run last night to identify and  iron out problems. 

Has anybody heard anything from the Club or the Provider about the streaming issues last night? Would have thought they might have at least tried to reassure those that had issues. 

I know I’m not the only one who was able to sign in as expected, but was then disconnected as soon as the stream went live. Thereafter the sign in link was dead. Eventually after about 20 minutes of E-mailing back and forth I was sent a “for my use only” one off link to Premier Sports which worked fine. The issue was certainly at their end as I regularly stream sport without issue and today I can sign in on the official link as was the case up to kick off. . Hopefully the problem has been identified and future viewing will be fine. Otherwise this is going to prove a right frustration. 

41 minutes ago, dennyc said:

Has anybody heard anything from the Club or the Provider about the streaming issues last night? Would have thought they might have at least tried to reassure those that had issues. 

I know I’m not the only one who was able to sign in as expected, but was then disconnected as soon as the stream went live. Thereafter the sign in link was dead. Eventually after about 20 minutes of E-mailing back and forth I was sent a “for my use only” one off link to Premier Sports which worked fine. The issue was certainly at their end as I regularly stream sport without issue and today I can sign in on the official link as was the case up to kick off. . Hopefully the problem has been identified and future viewing will be fine. Otherwise this is going to prove a right frustration. 

Good point. I didn't get that far however.  Several hours prior to the game I tested the link and it worked fine. I then tried to log in about 20 minutes after KO and the page wouldn't even load.

LIVE STREAMING ISSUES FROM RANGERS FRIENDLY 

18:37 
Live streaming issues from Rangers friendly

We are aware that a number of fans experienced difficulties connecting to our live streaming service on Wednesday night.

Firstly, we apologise if you were unable to watch all – or part – of the match with Rangers, which was used as a fixture to test out the service.

There were a combination of factors which caused some of you to be unable to get on.

Firstly, the unexpected late change to the kick-off time caused issues, as resources had to be quickly redeployed to allow the stream to be able to be broadcast. This was not an easy task, but our providers did everything within their power to ensure we were able to carry the match.

Planned maintenance on the streaming servers was also due to take place at 8pm and, unfortunately, this could not be immediately rescheduled, which caused some of you to be unable to get onto the live website for a spell around that time.

Both of these factors were out of the ordinary and we are confident things will be smoother for our first home league match against Dundee United.

If you are experiencing any problems with your username and password in trying to log in to the service, please email tvsupport@motherwellfc.co.uk as soon as possible, so that you are set up for the opening game at Fir Park.

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. Are there any updates on shirt sponsorships ahead of the new season? We have been playing in the old kit in the friendlies and part of my thinking was that we were potentially looking to announce the new kit in conjunction with a new signing - Lang perhaps - however that may be a little farfetched. 

2 hours ago, Kmac said:

Apologies if mentioned elsewhere. Are there any updates on shirt sponsorships ahead of the new season? We have been playing in the old kit in the friendlies and part of my thinking was that we were potentially looking to announce the new kit in conjunction with a new signing - Lang perhaps - however that may be a little farfetched. 

We are all over LinkedIn at the moment and also working with an online sponsorship company so I would suggest we are still without a front shirt sponsor or that interested parties have not met our valuation. Difficult in that apparently Paddy Power was our most lucrative in recent times and now to look for a follow up sponsor during Covid - going to be very tough. 

Fingers crossed we get something sorted. We have European football even if it is likely to be TV only. 

As for why we are still playing in last years kits ? 

I don't know anything in terms of sponsorship but not wearing current kits in pre-season isn't a complete rarity for us.  I can remember a few images of bounce games where we have training kit on and I can even mind one or two public friendlies where we've stuck to the training gear.  I noticed Accies didn't play in their first team kit on Saturday either. 

I'm sure it's no more than being as efficient as possible in use of the first team kit.

23 minutes ago, dennyc said:

PPV Streaming now allowed on a game to game basis. Told we are charging £12 and Livi £20. some things never change. League Matches home and away fans.

Surely best charging away fans £12 also?. You will get more away fans paying if price is reasonable 

I honestly wouldn't pay a quid to watch any game played on that plastic at Livi - I honestly can't remember ever seeing a good to game to watch on there from any opposition. I'm not even sure I'll watch it if it's covered by my overseas sub this season.

Do season ticket holders get access to away games? I assume not but just curious.

£12 x 19 home games = £228. Take away a few for games live on TV, makes more sense to buy them on an individual basis instead of a season ticket? But then again I suppose you get to watch the games live on stream and then you get those games in lieu when fans can come back.

8 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Do season ticket holders get access to away games? I assume not but just curious.

£12 x 19 home games = £228. Take away a few for games live on TV, makes more sense to buy them on an individual basis instead of a season ticket? But then again I suppose you get to watch the games live on stream and then you get those games in lieu when fans can come back.

You don't get access to away games in person if you have a season ticket, so it's not going to be any different with this new model.