2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

13 minutes ago, unknown said:

You don't get access to away games in person if you have a season ticket, so it's not going to be any different with this new model. 

Which makes perfect sense.

With more teams like Accies and Livi offering streaming this season I wonder if their away games will be included in the overseas MFC TV subs, or if they will also be PPV only on a per match basis.

1 hour ago, grizzlyg said:

Surely best charging away fans £12 also?. You will get more away fans paying if price is reasonable 

I meant Livi are charging £20 for their home games. We are charging £12 for ours. Livi cashing in as usual.

1 hour ago, GazzyB said:

Do season ticket holders get access to away games? I assume not but just curious.

£12 x 19 home games = £228. Take away a few for games live on TV, makes more sense to buy them on an individual basis instead of a season ticket? But then again I suppose you get to watch the games live on stream and then you get those games in lieu when fans can come back.

Season Ticket holders also get to see 19 home games at Fir Park when fans allowed in . So you could end up with 38 games. 19 Streamed and 19 Live next season. As you say it is not a bad deal.

Just now, dennyc said:

Season Ticket holders also get to see 19 home games at Fir Park when fans allowed in . So you could end up with 38 games. 19 Streamed and 19 Live next season.

Aye. Season ticket holders are, in effect, getting streaming of home games for free. That's assuming they can attend all the home games on their ticket once the crowds are back.

4 hours ago, grizzlyg said:

Yep realised that just after I posted it.  £12 fair for us.....livi greedy and hopefully away fans wont pay that 

Have to say we've played a blinder on both the PPV and the season ticket price and guarantee. Can kind of understand Livi's point of view with the high asking price, but it's not a good look... a bit surprised the clubs didn't get together and try to agree on the same price, or at least a narrower price range. (Or maybe they did, and there was just too much difference of opinion.)

• Like 1

Livingston's adult season ticket works out at £17.11 per game, so if they'd charged say £18 or even £19 that might have been very slightly more palatable.  Their concession season tickets  work out at £11.84 per game, which is a lot less than £20. I'll give this away game a miss.

1 hour ago, Kmcalpin said:

Livingston's adult season ticket works out at £17.11 per game, so if they'd charged say £18 or even £19 that might have been very slightly more palatable.  They're concession season tickets  work out at £11.84 per game, which is a lot less than £20. I'll give this away game a miss.

Livi are obviously just hoping to grab OF fans' money when they play them to make up for any lack of fans in their other games.

If it's not covered by my regular overseas sub they certainly won't be getting any money from me.

9 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Livi are obviously just hoping to grab OF fans' money when they play them to make up for any lack of fans in their other games.

If it's not covered by my regular overseas sub they certainly won't be getting any money from me.

I was thinking this, but nine times out of ten, if the old firm are away from home they will be on sky, so Livi tv won't be able to show it, I could be miles off the mark here?

7 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

I was thinking this, but nine times out of ten, if the old firm are away from home they will be on sky, so Livi tv won't be able to show it, I could be miles off the mark here?

They'll be able to show it to paying overseas fans I think. Although I'm still unclear about about this specific deal.

19 minutes ago, Ross said:

Assuming the only reason it’s so high is because many people will just go to their pals house to watch the game

That is one of the reasons they gave, yes.

We, as a club, felt that we had to protect the value of our season tickets which are purchased year after year by our loyal supporters. The only way to ensure this, was to make the PPV more expensive per game, than what the season tickets work out at per game. We also had to take into account that families will now be buying one ‘single’ ticket rather than potentially 3 or 4. In addition to this, we had to consider the very real possibility that friends will group together to watch the stream, further reducing the revenue the club would had received if fans were in the stadium. We feel that this is a fair value as it is still cheaper than what would be paid for a walk-up ticket if fans were in the stadium.

1 hour ago, Fergie79 said:

Any restriction on pubs buying the games and showing them?

Yes.

"You are only entitled to use this Site for personal purposes and to purchase goods or services. You will not use any area of this Site for any commercial purpose or gain without the prior written consent of The Club and Stream Digital Ltd. No business or commercial entity shall be entitled to register to use the goods or service for any commercial purposes, without prior written consent of Stream Digital Ltd."

5 hours ago, weeyin said:

I would think all OF away games will be on Sky. That's usually what happens anyway. So no PPV will be allowed.

Livi are just ripping off fans of teams such as Motherwell. Same as they have done every game since being promoted. Given no concessions, seems wrong that many folk would pay more to watch the game online than they did when attending last year.

16 minutes ago, dennyc said:

I would think all OF away games will be on Sky. That's usually what happens anyway. So no PPV will be allowed.

Sky don't broadcast Scottish games overseas, so there are normally different arrangements - especially for OF games.

OF fans overseas have Rangers and Celtic TV. So I would think that is a limited market for Livi.  And if the game is live on Sky in the UK then PPV will not be allowed here. So no meaningful market anywhere for Livi involving Celtic or Rangers. 

Don't know about Celtic, but Rangers fans overseas can pay Rangers TV £7.99 to watch individual games if they don't take out a full subscription. And here as well if they use a VPN..... or £9,99 for a Now Sports day pass. No way will they pay £20.    As per usual it is  the fans of us diddy clubs that are being fleeced.

I hope fans of all clubs refuse to pay the £20.

This is what I'm not sure about.

Last season, clubs like Accies, Livi and St Mirren didn't offer streams of their home games to MFC TV subscribers. (Accies and Livi didn't have a service and St Mirren made you pay for their games separately).

Because this is a new and short term deal to allow access during closed-door games, it's still not clear (at least to me) if these same clubs will become part of the regular "streaming package" (like MFC, Rangers and Celtic TV) or if they are able to opt out like last season and force 'away' fans to buy a ticket for that match.

16 minutes ago, weeyin said:

This is what I'm not sure about.

Last season, clubs like Accies, Livi and St Mirren didn't offer streams of their home games to MFC TV subscribers. (Accies and Livi didn't have a service and St Mirren made you pay for their games separately).

Because this is a new and short term deal to allow access during closed-door games, it's still not clear (at least to me) if these same clubs will become part of the regular "streaming package" (like MFC, Rangers and Celtic TV) or are able to opt out and force fans to buy a ticket for that match.

A Rangers pal based in Wales watched all their away games  last season using a VPN as an "Overseas " subscriber to Rangers TV , including at the grounds you mention. Only their Europa League games were not shown as BT had the rights. So they might block Motherwell TV but they allow access to the OF.  Maybe it's about the cost and those clubs charge too much to justify Motherwell TV showing it.

There's probably more to it than that as Accies and Livi didn't even have a stream they could offer to their own fans last season. It's new for 20/2021. Maybe a rights thing (complicated by the fact that clubs were streaming the BBC feed, but with their own commentators).

Anyway, if that's the case again this season, Livi charging £20 makes even less sense as I doubt many fans will spring for that.

I'll be happy enough to get my home games and any away game is a bonus.

Have to say we've played a blinder on both the PPV and the season ticket price and guarantee. Can kind of understand Livi's point of view with the high asking price, but it's not a good look... a bit surprised the clubs didn't get together and try to agree on the same price, or at least a narrower price range. (Or maybe they did, and there was just too much difference of opinion.)
According to the BBC podcast today, 11 of the 12 clubs are using the same company for streaming their games but couldn't come to any agreement on pricing so have had to price their games individually.

Haven't been paying too much attention to most of this. 

Am I right in saying we're one of the few clubs to offer:-

A season ticket guarantee (therefore 'free'streaming for ST holders)

the cheapest PPV in the league

PPV for all our games with no restrictions (unlike some clubs who are considering limiting which games they show)

If so, once again fair play to the club. You can't say they don't put the fans first.