2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

15 hours ago, weeyin said:

There's probably more to it than that as Accies and Livi didn't even have a stream they could offer to their own fans last season. It's new for 20/2021. Maybe a rights thing (complicated by the fact that clubs were streaming the BBC feed, but with their own commentators).

Anyway, if that's the case again this season, Livi charging £20 makes even less sense as I doubt many fans will spring for that.

I'll be happy enough to get my home games and any away game is a bonus.

If a car load of people will go to the game and pay between £65-£105 I think they will pay £20 to watch it in the house. 

I was expecting individual match prices to be the same as the cheapest adult ticket.

• Like 1

£20 for livingston is steep but you can't really argue with there reasoning on it, if there is a few of you clubbing together it's buttons really. If you start under cutting the season ticket prices then that raises more pressing concerns for there own fan base as opposed to fans of other clubs. If you don't like it don't pay it but for me they are valid enough reasons. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelboy said:

If a car load of people will go to the game and pay between £65-£105 I think they will pay £20 to watch it in the house.

And I don't think they will pay £20 to watch a game at that particular ground where you get more entertainment stuck in traffic driving to Livingston.

But time will tell.

• Like 1

A bit more of an update from Grant on the online streaming plans during an article at the link below:

https://www-nottheoldfirm-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/how-to-media-and-communications-during-a-pandemic-with-motherwell-fc/amp/

Online Streaming

As clubs move towards online service to get games in front of fans’ eyes, Motherwell have had to think about how they plan to do it. Clubs have taken different approaches as to how to bring a good live experience to their fanbase.

Aberdeen v Rangers - Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership

A different approach. (Photo by Scott Baxter/Getty Images)

Some have gone for pre-match buildup shows with special guests, Aberdeen for example having former captain Graeme Shinnie on Red TV prior to their game with Rangers. For Motherwell though they have their own thoughts on how to bring the matchday experience to the small screen.

“We had a judgement call to make,” Russell said. “The money and resource we do have is put into delivering an everyday service in the level of stuff we do. When it comes to trying to have an all singing and all dancing live experience, that would mean diverting resources.

“Season ticket holders enjoy it for free and we have no idea how successful pay-per-view will be. We will improve the live-streaming service, it will be like you’re watching a live game on Sky.

Aberdeen v Rangers - Ladbrokes Scottish Premiership

Broadcast material. (Photo by Andrew Milligan/Pool via Getty Images)

“We’ll update the commentary team. We deliberated on whether we should have a half-hour show, half-time pundits, something after the game. The money you would need to put into that is significant. For us, we want to find the balance of people are coming onto watch the game primarily.

“The service will look and sound better. But in terms of a host and guest, we didn’t feel we could justify the resource and cost. We aren’t trying to short-change anyone, we would have to compromise in other areas. We run a tight ship. It’ll come on at 2:30PM, various bits of video content. We aren’t going to go down the road of a full production.

“The reasons being it would be money better spent elsewhere at the club. People could turn round and expect this and that, but we would like to think people would understand why we have done that.

“We will slightly enhance the matchday side of things on Twitter. And very soon, this month, there will be a, live data service on the website which will give you play-by-play updates on what’s going on.”

11 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

Is the game on motherwell TV ? 

It is for me.

Can't speak for Texas, though. They might have banned it because they don't want their freedom taken away by the SPFL covid protocols.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GazzyB said:

I'm gonna be tight for time on Saturday so trying to get the Dundee Utd game sorted and paid for now. I can't find a link anywhere to buy access to the stream. Any advice?

They are testing the access tonight and have listed an email address tvsupport@motherwellfc.co.uk for anyone with issues. Might be worth giving them an email and seeing if they can point you in the right direction.

I can login on my phone and my laptop but I can’t log in on my PS4. Any ideas?

ETA Problem solved. The live site kept taking me to the season ticket holders login page instead of the ppv login page. Had to delete cookies and then managed to log in after that.