2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

I have not seen any streamed games yet but after whats been said on here I get the impression the whole thing is set up on the cheap and probably not with high end kit or technical expertise. 

That said just because its a budget set up does not mean it should not be fit for purpose pictures with sound are fairly fundamental, so they should at least get that right

47 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

I have not seen any streamed games yet but after whats been said on here I get the impression the whole thing is set up on the cheap and probably not with high end kit or technical expertise. 

It's just the same folk who've been running it for the past couple of years. So presumably it's just the increase in capacity, and/or the extra requirements around season ticket holders and PPV, that's causing them issues.

25 minutes ago, Wellfan1984 said:

Others seem to have "pundits" for before, half time and full time.  Well St Mirren do.  

From an article posted earlier in the thread

"We didn’t feel we could justify the resource and cost. We aren’t trying to short-change anyone, we would have to compromise in other areas. We run a tight ship. It’ll come on at 2:30PM, various bits of video content. We aren’t going to go down the road of a full production

The reasons being it would be money better spent elsewhere at the club. People could turn round and expect this and that, but we would like to think people would understand why we have done that.

We will slightly enhance the matchday side of things on Twitter. And very soon, this month, there will be a, live data service on the website which will give you play-by-play updates on what’s going on."

Had a good stream until half time. I thought it’d be useful to email the support regarding watching in silence. Got an email back advising to refresh as that’d sort problem. Totally fucked up my stream. Got commentary and picture began to lag, as did the commentary. Eventually sorted with a few more sign ins and by turning volume down. Hope we can improve this like as it’s a great facility if it works! I hope we got a good uptake of away team sign ins too for the kitty, come in mfc! Get this right!

Yesterday was my first time using the service. Picture quality was good and I’d imagine the sound issue will be ironed out going forward. Just out of interest, who is our commentator? 

Also, I understand the need to count every penny but I thought our media team would have been all over some pre/post match chat. Even just 15 mins either side would offer a far more engaging experience. 

I thought the picture was fine. No sound first half and sound lag second half up until about last 10 mins.

I understand the cost implications re any features pre and post match and half time.

However, surely there cant be that much cost attached to someone from the media team discussing things with a player that is suspended or injured like they did with MFC radio or the little pre match youtube features they used to do? 

The staff and players are all working on matchday anyway so even 5 mins before, at half time and 5 mins after as a round up would create a massively improved experience.

Early days. Lots of room for improvement, but the potential for something really good is there.

First time using the service. Managed to log in about 20 minutes before kick off. The stream then stopped working 5 minutes before the game started. I tried lots of times to log back in, but missed the first 15 minutes.

No sound for the entire match.

Needs improved soon as people will just not pay for a poor service!

Yesterday was an absolute clusterfuck. Lagging streams, no sound, people being logged out etc. I was accused yesterday of gunning for the club because I made the point during the game. The fact of the matter is that the club are working with a provider however as the club are the ones taking the money, it is up to them to ensure that their provider reflects well and provides a good service for the money. It's the same if you buy a washing machine from Curries; you don't take it back to the manufacturer if it breaks - you go to curries. In that sense, this needs to be resolved immediately. Advertising and charging for a game which many were not even able to login to isn't acceptable. Football is nothing without fans at the stadium but not even giving your fans the chance to watch online on a paid service reduces it to a bounce game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kmac said:

The fact of the matter is that the club are working with a provider however as the club are the ones taking the money

They're not really. We're paying the provider directly for our subscriptions or PPV, and they're presumably paying the club a percentage of that.

• Like 1

Stream was ok for me.  Don’t really care about the commentary but if they are doing on I hope they fix things to have in time with the game. It glitches up a couple times but quickly went back to good.  I think this is the third season I have had this and seems like the stumble through the first few matches and then it’s really very good the rest of the season. I’m sure the current going’s on have just added to their initial hiccups. 

2 minutes ago, texanwellfan said:

The biggest issue I had was with google chrome cast. Normally I’d just fire up my Laptop and cast onto the TV but seems like chrome cast doesn’t work like it used to, at least for me. 

I didn't try to cast but the icon was there, there's a little difference between casting the stream or casting the browser

3 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Doing my tits in. Bought a season ticket Monday. How the hell am I meant to see the game?

Asks me my username. I don't have one. I've registered still no idea my username. Say forgot password and instead of an email address asks me my username.

STUPID SYSTEM!!!

Your username is some combination of your real name plus the number on your season ticket, or something. Saw it in an email or on the club website somewhere, but I don't have a season ticket so someone else will have to help!