2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Apart from a couple of freezes it was fine for me. Muted the commentary at halftime though.

Really?  I think Brown is, and always has been an excellent commentator and Lewis Irons is a really good side-kick.  I thought they gave a pretty fair appraisal of the game too. Clearly supportive of Motherwell but not biased to the levels I've heard some club commentators. 

• Like 1

A few freezes in the first half using player 1, but i changed to player 3 at half time and was perfect second half. No complaints from me. Always going to be teething problems - I'd say we should have been trialling the system more with a few friendlies so that these were ironed out for the league games though.

A bit worrying that we couldn't see off livi at home on the footballing front though, ahead of a flying hibs team on sat.

16 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

Apart from a couple of freezes it was fine for me. Muted the commentary at halftime though.

Same for me, 1st ppv match last night and the stream and commentary were OK, even managed to get my phone talking to the TV so I could watch it on the big screen, all  in not bad value for £12.

52 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Still don’t have my season ticket

I would give the ticket office a phone and check the progress.

Based on how they handle the processing of ticket dispatches for away games in recent times it has been phone one day, pay a pound for postage, and the ticket is there waiting the next when I get home. So I'd assume if they had it to hand it would have been dealt with the same way. 

But I know that one of the sections in my work had delays with cards they issue as the provider shut down for an extended period through Covid-19. If you are getting a brand new card and they source them externally it may be something along similar lines. 

I watched the Livi game on my PC but was wondering about streaming the game onto my TV on Saturday instead. I've got a smart TV but it's a bit older and doesn't come upon the list of supported devices when I've tried to use an app on my phone so I'm wondering about getting a ChromeCast or Amazon Firestick. Has anyone watched the game by casting from Android phone to TV and was it straightforward? Am I better with ChromeCast or the Amazon version (we've got Amazon Prime but just use the option on the tv to watch it)? 

18 minutes ago, daver said:

I watched the Livi game on my PC but was wondering about streaming the game onto my TV on Saturday instead. I've got a smart TV but it's a bit older and doesn't come upon the list of supported devices when I've tried to use an app on my phone so I'm wondering about getting a ChromeCast or Amazon Firestick. Has anyone watched the game by casting from Android phone to TV and was it straightforward? Am I better with ChromeCast or the Amazon version (we've got Amazon Prime but just use the option on the tv to watch it)? 

if you've got a smart tv just go on the internet and you can get it direct .

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, daver said:

I watched the last game casting from my Android phone to a Chromecast device.

There are 3 streams to choose from on the site and I couldn't get the first one to cast. But the other two worked a treat other than a couple of times where it froze and I just refreshed and re cast it.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 5:34 PM, wellman said:

if you've got a smart tv just go on the internet and you can get it direct .

I tried that but my Samsung TV doesn't seem to be very good (it's absolutely rubbish to be honest) at following links in the web browser and I didn't get anywhere.

I think I'll give the Chromecast a go - from Superward's comments it seems easy enough.

4 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

Not being technologically minded what exactly are Streams 1,2 and 3? Whats the difference?

Streaming ok so far today.

Each stream uses a different kind of player - some browsers support one type better than others.

It's possible there is actually a backup video stream too that is available on these players, but it's not clear if that's the case.