2020/21 Online Match Streaming Discussion

David

I am running out of patience with this streaming lark. 

I have full Wi-fi signal and it cut out just before goal and cut back in AFTER Campbell had scored and now the Verizon Ad. 

I don’t mind paying season ticket to watch a live stream but I sure as fuck mind paying a season ticket to keep getting sub standard service. 

Sort it out Motherwell FC 

3 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I have full Wi-fi signal and it cut out just before goal and cut back in AFTER Campbell had scored and now the Verizon Ad. 

I don’t mind paying season ticket to watch a live stream but I sure as fuck mind paying a season ticket to keep getting sub standard service. 

Burrows out.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Welldaft Mk1 said:

Your season ticket is guaranteed to get you into a full season of home games once crowds are allowed back in. The streams are a free benefit until that happens. So, to be fair, you are getting your money's worth.

Unlike the overseas subscribers who pay only for the stream.

29 minutes ago, weeyin said:

Your season ticket is guaranteed to get you into a full season of home games once crowds are allowed back in. The streams are a free benefit until that happens. So, to be fair, you are getting your money's worth.

Unlike the overseas subscribers who pay only for the stream.

I am quite sure the club will come up with an option that means you can donate a portion of this season ticket or next as a goodwill gesture. Otherwise the financial impact will be quite severe given current likelihood of fans getting back to games. 

On that basis I would help the club as much as possible. But this is starting to annoy me and always happens at crucial times. I missed the goal live ! God knows what happened but one second watching a tussle in midfield the next moment Jock Brown is all excited and Campbell is away celebrating. Bloody annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Ped_MFC said:

The streaming of games is bringing a fresh aspect to the Scottish game. I assume Euan Anderson added 9 and a half additional minutes at the end to make up for the time that my stream was down?

I had assumed that he added most of those minutes on to compensate for Trevor Carson’s excessive time wasting. ;)

The stream went down for me for about a minute in the first half after the goal, then for a shorter period in the second half. That was the first time I had any issues this season, outside of that test game against rangers. 

I doubt much of it is within our control, and don't know how many companies are lining up to replace these folk, but I'm curious as to whether the other clubs are having issues with the streaming platform.

Not a season ticket holder this year but watched the game St Johnstone  game in Inverness with two friends  who are and I have to say the stream was shocking.

In this day and age it should not be difficult to stream a football match or any other event but there constantly seems to be issues and I have no doubt it it down to money.

Cheap kit, cheap technology services, basic infrastructure all amounts to a shit service, a 10 year old sitting In their bedroom  creating a tik tok video can produce a better effort than whats on offer now.

If the current situation is to be the new normal this season then the match streams need to be rock solid, the season ticket holders and the PPV viewers deserve better, people won't pay for a shit service.