Inside Motherwell

SteelmaninOZ

29 minutes ago, Yorkyred said:

Carroll looks like he’s miles off still.

I'm sure when he picked up his injury it was said that he'd be out for a few weeks and would miss the remainder of the season.  As we're now some 5 months further on I suspect he's suffered some kind of complication or the injury was worse than originally thought.

26 minutes ago, Kmcalpin said:

I'm sure when he picked up his injury it was said that he'd be out for a few weeks and would miss the remainder of the season.  As we're now some 5 months further on I suspect he's suffered some kind of complication or the injury was worse than originally thought.

He ruptured his achilles and needed surgery. As he said in his interview this week that means not even being able to put weight on the foot for 6 - 8 weeks.  It's only after that any kind of rehab can start. I'm not sure who said "out for a few weeks" but a couple of days after his injury Robinson said

Jake’s going to need surgery on his achilles

He’s going to be out for the rest of the season and maybe the start of next season. It’s a bad injury for Jake, really disappointing, he’s been terrific for us.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...