Pre-Season 2020'21

supermarv

34 minutes ago, Shaka said:

Its on the MFC website so Id assume its 100% gen

Looks like it. 12pm kick off (but no stream).

I presume the Rangers game is being streamed to let them test UK access for the season ticket holders.

For those outside the UK I notice there is a £30 discount on the annual sub if you sign up before 22nd July.  (My sub doesn't renew until August but it looks like I get the discount too).

11 hours ago, supermarv said:

On the Dundee Utd P&B they seem to think it’s “Motherwells training centre” so Dalziel Park. Maybe head down see if I can get a look in...

If it's been stated it's a private bounce game then why not respect that?  They've stated they'll post information and images/footage if they can thereafter.

As tempting as it might be, I can't imagine it would do much for the cause of getting grounds open as early as possible if a few hundred people all take the same approach and pitch up at friendlies trying to sneak a peak at the game.

• Like 3

Biased(;)) match report on the Utd website

United visited Dalziel Park for a closed door friendly against hosts Motherwell earlier on Saturday as Micky Mellon got the opportunity to see his players in competitive action for the first time. 

The Gaffer used the match to allow most of the playing squad to get 45 minute into the legs in a game that saw Nicky Clark return to action for the first time since January.

The starting XI lined up as follows: Deniz, Robson, Connolly, Graham, Freeman, Powers, Harkes, Chalmers, Pawlett, Fotheringham and Smith. 

In a first half that warmed up as it progressed United had the best opportunity with Kai Fotheringham's back post effort hitting the inside of the post and Cammy Smith just missing out on the rebound. 

The second half started with ten outfield changes with only goalkeeper Deniz retaining
his place. United lined up with the following team:

Deniz (Replaced by Newman 60), L Smith, Neilson, Sporle, Reynolds, Davidson, King, Mochrie, Clark, Glass and Appere. 

The home side scored the only goal around the hour mark as Robinson cut in from the right and delivered an effort that crashed back off the underside of the bar and landed at the feet of White who slid it home. 

United's best effort of the second half saw Appere played through the left hand channel but his effort took a slight deflection and slid past Carson's upright.

Manager Micky Mellon was pleased with the run out saying: "It was a good run out with no injuries and we got an idea of where we can work moving forward as individuals and a group. 

"To go up against a strong Premiership team and perform like we did was pleasing. 

"We will go onto the training field next week and work on the little things we can improve on with a view to building towards the start of the league campaign."

United's movement and intensity throughout was pleasing on the eye and they will now look to continue building up both match fitness and sharpness ahead of August 1 when they host St Johnstone in the Premiership opener. 

4 hours ago, Andy_P said:

If it's been stated it's a private bounce game then why not respect that?  They've stated they'll post information and images/footage if they can thereafter.

As tempting as it might be, I can't imagine it would do much for the cause of getting grounds open as early as possible if a few hundred people all take the same approach and pitch up at friendlies trying to sneak a peak at the game.

FWIW I didn’t actually go to the game however if I was to do so would be quite some distance away from any players or staff etc and would be outside the premises. I don’t know if you’ve seen Dalziel Park but I’ll assume not as its right in the middle of an estate and isn’t exactly hard to watch from a distance. Totally get where you are coming from however.

57 minutes ago, supermarv said:

FWIW I didn’t actually go to the game however if I was to do so would be quite some distance away from any players or staff etc and would be outside the premises. I don’t know if you’ve seen Dalziel Park but I’ll assume not as its right in the middle of an estate and isn’t exactly hard to watch from a distance. Totally get where you are coming from however.

So thats where you get all the inside info for your predictions about players and new signings, lurking about at training  and bounce games. :D

23 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

So thats where you get all the inside info for your predictions about players and new signings, lurking about at training  and bounce games. :D

Never haven’t even been up to be honest but I mean if it’s a pre season game behind closed doors and 2 mins away from me I wouldn’t mind going to see the team I support.

23 minutes ago, supermarv said:

Never haven’t even been up to be honest but I mean if it’s a pre season game behind closed doors and 2 mins away from me I wouldn’t mind going to see the team I support.

:no: You don’t get this ‘closed door’ ideal do you?

For the record, it was on the top pitch which has no view from outside the perimeter, hence, many didn’t try.

Location has been regulated to get the players in/out daily with local access denied. Won’t be any different next Friday.

4 hours ago, Onthefringes said:

:no: You don’t get this ‘closed door’ ideal do you?

For the record, it was on the top pitch which has no view from outside the perimeter, hence, many didn’t try.

Location has been regulated to get the players in/out daily with local access denied. Won’t be any different next Friday.

Whats next friday?

16 minutes ago, Onthefringes said:

Spot on - meant to be 2x60 mins with 2nd side being pretty inexperienced back line of Cornelius, Hussain &  Max Johnstone and then 30 mins of Bevis.

Aye, likes of Power,  Dicker, McKenzie, El Makrini, Kabamba, Burke, Broadfoot all sat out the 2nd half for us as far as I'm aware.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic