Pre-Season 2020'21

supermarv

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Cynical of me to note how much the match report talked up Hastie?  He may have played well, but I suspect others did without quite so many mentions in the match report. Trying to win over those fans unimpressed with his signing...?

Without seeing the game it's impossible to know so I wouldnt suspect anything of the sort 

1 hour ago, MelvinBragg said:

Cynical of me to note how much the match report talked up Hastie?  He may have played well, but I suspect others did without quite so many mentions in the match report. Trying to win over those fans unimpressed with his signing...?

I think this says more about you than anything.

• Like 3

Probably a good result as we all maybe getting carried away with ourselves, although pre season friendlies are definitely a bit of a lottery in my opinion. I agree we have the makings of a good team and barring any major injuries I think we will have a good season ahead of us, mind you no sign of Gallagher playing that could be a bit of a worry!

1 hour ago, Casagolda said:

I think this says more about you than anything.

I think all it says about me is that I'm getting old and have seen clubs try every PR trick under the sun. I remember when Trevor Steven was at Rangers, he was voted MOTM every week as they tried to justify buying him back from Marseille...

An “interesting” start to the season. Only 2 games in and 1st August rapidly approaching, and it appears that Carroll, Semple, Devine and Gallagher are all injured to some degree and haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet.Seems unlikely that Carroll will face Ross County and big Declan must also  be very doubtful.

6 hours ago, MelvinBragg said:

I think all it says about me is that I'm getting old and have seen clubs try every PR trick under the sun. I remember when Trevor Steven was at Rangers, he was voted MOTM every week as they tried to justify buying him back from Marseille...

Put the tin foil hat back on the turkey where it belongs.

11 hours ago, Kmcalpin said:

An “interesting” start to the season. Only 2 games in and 1st August rapidly approaching, and it appears that Carroll, Semple, Devine and Gallagher are all injured to some degree and haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet.Seems unlikely that Carroll will face Ross County and big Declan must also  be very doubtful.

Carroll and Semple were longer term so I dont think there was any expectation they would be ready.  Carroll is only just about to start running again. 

Hopefully Gallagher can shake off what was being called a knock after the Dundee U game.

16 minutes ago, unknown said:

Motherwell tests come back negative. Now waiting on Rangers results

The delay was due to their general state of unwashedness and disease making the Covid test results difficult to interpret.

• Andy_P unlocked this topic