Pre-Season 2020'21

supermarv

1 minute ago, steelboy said:

Polworth playing like he's half asleep.

No positives from that 45. Very much like our January/February form. 

So no change to the entirety of last season with Polworth? Yes the guy can play some nice passes but 90% of the time he’s worse than a man short

Not one for getting too carried away in pre season friendlies but good god that was horrific.... It’s 3 going on 6/7.... I tanking will do nothing for confidence heading into a new season. Far too open tactically, 2 full backs honking. Polworth and Campbell horrific. 

3 minutes ago, Kmac said:

So no change to the entirety of last season with Polworth? Yes the guy can play some nice passes but 90% of the time he’s worse than a man short

Jesus that’s absolute nonsense.

Just now, GazzyB said:

That's just completely untrue, isn't it?

It’s not really though is it? I watched him almost singularly at park head in November last year in the Baltic fucking cold and the guy tracked a runner a grand total of once in his appearance

15 minutes ago, Al B said:

Yeah we're obviously limited in that respect, but I think I'd be doing everything I could to avoid creating a "ahh ffs" air amongst the fans if we're hoping to start the season well. Not saying for a second that we wouldn't lose in friendlies against anyone else, but I also don't have to suffer a week of laughing emojis, gifs and memes on my phone for a week after we lose to anyone else.

I'd be going out of my way to create a feel-good factor...or at least avoid a feel-shite factor, just a bit counter-productive if we're hoping for a strong start I think, that's all.

This is why they are better played behind closed doors. It's a training exercise that fans take far too seriously.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Polworth playing like he's half asleep.

No positives from that 45. Very much like our January/February form. 

Jake Hastie nutmegging the rangers defender and creating our best chance was a positive. Probably the only one from an attacking perspective. 

Defensively look shaky.

Agree on Polworth.

3 minutes ago, Kmac said:

It’s not really though is it? I watched him almost singularly at park head in November last year in the Baltic fucking cold and the guy tracked a runner a grand total of once in his appearance

Third in the assists table, behind only Forrest and Christie, and with almost three times as many as our next player on the list shows you're talking out your arse.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Third in the assists table, behind only Forrest and Christie, and with almost three times as many as our next player on the list shows you're talking out your arse.

It doesn’t really though, does it? Is it not exactly the point I originally made?

1 minute ago, purestate said:

Definitely looks like Rangers are ahead in match preparation but also have a number of players that could easily be playing at mid to lower English Championship level so they should be beating us. 

They beat Porto, Feyenoord and Braga so they are obviously decent but the issue is how little we have shown. 

11 minutes ago, couttsy said:

Not one for getting too carried away in pre season friendlies but good god that was horrific.... It’s 3 going on 6/7.... I tanking will do nothing for confidence heading into a new season. Far too open tactically, 2 full backs honking. Polworth and Campbell horrific. 

Getting beat and getting hammered at a canter when the league starts in 10 days and We’ve shortly got a European tie approaching are vastly different 

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Dismissing his assist tally as "a few nice passes" is ridiculous.

I’m not dismissing it, I’m suggesting that 90% of time when the game is going on and we don’t have the ball and he’s not making assists, he doesn’t contribute nearly enough 

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Dismissing his assist tally as "a few nice passes" is ridiculous.

He was continually found wanting against better teams and usually went into hiding when we were on the back foot. 

He's similar to Forbes and Vigurs for me in that he costs you at least much as he contributes. 

• Andy_P unlocked this topic