Pre-Season 2020'21

supermarv

When I/team get pumped at football, we go on and we work harder next time. Different level but I would expect no different.

Who do you want us to play? Annan, Morecambe, this disguises the fact where we are at.

DID IT WORK WITH LLANELLI and BREIDABLIK. No.

2 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Definitely. We have been shown up for fitness today. 

Lots of big talk about fitness plans but very inconsistent results across the squad. 

For sure Steelboy and I have faith that Robinson will notice the players in question

Just now, FirParkCornerExile said:

so when the fittest and best Motherwell teams we've had consistently have got this kind of result at ibrox what has it told us

Answer my question who do you want us to play?

What have our results been post Ibrox doings? I have no idea, good if a statto looks at

Just now, wunderwell said:

What have our results been post Ibrox doings? I have no idea, good if a statto looks at

The point is it wouldnt matter what kind of team we have we rarely if ever are going to compete and get a result against Rangers at Ibrox. im not saying dont play them Im just saying we learn nothing from that fixture

4 minutes ago, wunderwell said:

Furthermore why did Celtic play PSG in France? Doings galore there. Taught them nothing.

1 minute ago, GazzyB said:

Not sure what our strongest XI looks like.

Carson

Grimmy

Lamie

Gallagher

Carrol

Donnelly

Turnbull

Polworth

Hylton

Long
Hastie

Not bad on paper.

Agree looks good on paper but i might have campbell in instead of Polworth. Gives us more dig and energy in there and Turrnbull can do the Polworth role.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Not sure what our strongest XI looks like.

Carson

Grimmy

Lamie

Gallagher

Carrol

Donnelly/Campbell

Turnbull

Polworth

Hylton

Long

Hastie

Not bad on paper.

Decent suggestion but no offence to him but Hylton doesn't impress me but if he proves me wrong I will be first to put hand up

Just now, wunderwell said:

Furthermore why did Celtic play PSG in France? Doings galore there. Tought them nothing.

We will need to agree to differ my point is doesn't matter how good Motherwell teams have been that's a fixture we are rarely if ever going to do anything in. You contend we got pumped because we werent fit. I contend had we been ready and fit we'd still lose that fixture so learn nowt

2 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

If that’s our two fullbacks for the season … … … then we are in trouble 

Defence is probably the area that’s going to be up for scrutiny the most. We definitely need big  Dec to stay fit and playing. I like Carroll but he looks way off as does Dunn. Without the last two we could struggle unless the likes of Lamie and McGinn get up to speed pretty quickly. Other than that we are looking at Donnelly playing centre half and the young players stepping up to the mark. Personally I would still like to see us strengthen that area but I guess it’s down to the budget.

3 minutes ago, grizzlyg said:

Decent suggestion but no offence to him but Hylton doesn't impress me but if he proves me wrong I will be first to put hand up

I suspect Lang will be seen as challenging Hylton if he signs, Hastie is nailed on for the other side.

Little can be read into a defeat at Ibrox. Firstly a  major reason for pre season friendlies is simply fitness and accumulating sharpness. And secondly they're going to be hammering a lot more than Motherwell there in the season ahead. They're not the competition to be judged against.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Andy_P unlocked this topic