Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)

GazzyB

Buzzing for the start of the season, will depend on fitness levels but I imagine we'll start with...

Carson

Grimmy

Gallagher

Lamie

McGinley

O'Hara

Polworth

Campbell

Hastie

Watt

Hylton

Would obviously love to see Turnbull in from the off but I doubt he's quite ready for that.

3-1 to us!

32 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Buzzing for the start of the season, will depend on fitness levels but I imagine we'll start with...

Carson

Grimmy

Gallagher

Lamie

McGinley

O'Hara

Polworth

Campbell

Hastie

Watt

Hylton

Would obviously love to see Turnbull in from the off but I doubt he's quite ready for that.

3-1 to us!

The back four is the only area I’m sure of picking just now, so many permutations in midfield and up front.

34 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

Carson

Grimmy

Gallagher

Lamie

McGinley

O'Hara

Polworth

Campbell

Hastie

Watt

Hylton

3-1 to us!

Turnbull and Polworth to get a half each in any order.

I haven’t got a clue who is going to play actually and the manager will be chopping and changing his mind too I would imagine for Monday night lineup. With five subs available I think this will help us to rotate the squad as and when needed.

As others have said seems to be a strong squad on paper.

3 hours ago, Jack said:

I haven’t got a clue who is going to play actually and the manager will be chopping and changing his mind too I would imagine for Monday night lineup. With five subs available I think this will help us to rotate the squad as and when needed.

As others have said seems to be a strong squad on paper.

Welcome to the forum.

You're spot on I think. With no reserve side this season, players have been competing for gametime and very few have notched up a full 90 minutes in a  game, so fitness will be an issue - for Ross County as well I presume.  5 subbies will allow us rotate the squad and freshen it up during a game as legs tire as you say. At this stage, fitness may be a key factor in team selection. At the moment there's questionmarks over the fitness of players like Gallagher, Turnbull, Hylton, Seedorf, White, Long and Lang. However ultimately management will know best about how they want us to play and who is fit or not fit.

• Thanks 1

This is really the only test of fitness, signings, tactics and team selection: a competitive match. I’ve been impressed by the quality and number of our signings, however, and I see this as a clear statement of ambition and intent. So I hope to see this translate into an attacking and ruthless approach that delivers the goals that this squad looks to have in it. Ever the optimist, I think we’ll win this by a couple of goals - 3-1 The Well!

58 minutes ago, underboyleheating said:

Win all our games out with the Old Firm and the league title would be ours. Just saying. :yahoo:
Back to earth, this is a tough opener and to be honest I would take a point, although, I think we might sneak it 2-1. 

If we hit the ground running and get back to the pre Christmas levels of performance last season we should win, tbh Ross county are not that good.  2-0 to the good guys.

On 8/2/2020 at 1:28 AM, SteelmaninOZ said:

Looking forward to watching the County game live on Tuesday morning.

Motherwell to win:good:

Being shown live here as well. Not quite as early a start for me though. Looking forward to seeing the team. Hoping for a positive performance and any win will be a very good result.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Neilwell86 said:

Suspect we will see Tony watt start tonight, based on the fact he has had a 'full' pre season. The rest is anyones guess, 5 subs gives us plenty of chance to mix it up if need be.

Thats what I would think given that Robbo has said that Long is behind the others fitness wise. I still think we'll go more with a 4-5-1 set up or a variation of that. Lang will need some game time to get him up to speed.  

I'm thinking the 8 stick-ons for the first 11 are: Carson, Grimshaw, Gallagher, Lamie, McGinley, Donnelly, Campbell and Hastie... then likely any 3 from O'Hara, Turnbull, Polworth, Long, Lang, Watt, White. Good to have decent options going forward, and I'd be surprised if anyone else came into the starting team that's not in that wee list.   

37 minutes ago, Stuwell2 said:

Heading up to Inverness for a few days, I know a couple of guys on here are from that area - any suggestions as to where to watch the game if I get the chance?

The Auctioneers on Church Street if it's open, might need to phone ahead and book a table etc.

If not then the Innes Bar or Caledonian probs best. 

• Like 1

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)