Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)

GazzyB

And this is the difference between fit and match fit. None of the strikers looked like they were sharp enough to take their chances tonight. And Donnelly was never going to score that penalty. 

Would be better if match threads were behind closed doors too, though.

Basic decision making right across the board was terrible.

Manager trying to be clever with his selections, Gallagher's idiotic penalty give away, Long & Lang missing chances they should be putting away, Donnelly missing a penalty, Lang's daft challenge for a red card.

Absolute self destruction tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, steelboy said:

Robinson killed us there. Team selection, subs and set piece takers all absolutely baffling. 

We were dreadful and still should have done won 3-1 though so it shouldn't be difficult to remedy.

Nothing wrong with Seedorf coming on he put in a much better shift than Hastie. Also argue that Lang put in a strong performance before his red card which was a disgrace ( I hope we will be appealing that). Although a few under par performances that hopefully get addressed before the next match. The lack of any real urgency was a problem when RC were out the traps quickly and in our faces.

Just now, weeyin said:

And this is the difference between fit and match fit. None of the strikers looked like they were sharp enough to take their chances tonight. And Donnelly was never going to score that penalty. 

Would be better if match threads were behind closed doors too, though.

Lang bottled his header nothing to do with sharpness. 

Long made an arse of about a dozen chances like that last season. 

Poor performance, really poor actually. Not surprising though, the unusual pre-season wasn’t ideal for forging a best 11 from such a big squad. Hopefully we can look more purposeful and sharper come Saturday. I struggle to see how we fit Turnbull and Polworth into the same team though. 

Biggest question  of the night is around Campbell’s 90 mins on the bench...

Fucking pathetic. Robinson needs to stop believeing his own hype and do his fucking job. That "formation" was an abomination, his subs were just weird, O'Hara hooked at HT? no Campbell? It just looked like it was "chuck as many strikers on and hope for the best".  Ross County are a very poor team, but they were fitter and wanted it more. 

McGinlay had a far better second half, Lang looked decent albeit missed a fucking disgrace of a sitter. Red Card was comical, professional foul, never violent conduct in a million years. Polworth, Donnelly & Long should be fucking hounded in training for those fucking garbage dead ball attempts.

But more worryingly for me, from the manager to the players we need a fucking attitude change

1 minute ago, Spit_It_Out said:

Grimshaw gives us nothing need a new starting right back and I would start seedorf looks like he actually wants to try!

Grimshaw was dire,he gave away a foul inside 30 seconds and that set the tone for his performance,the less said about his distribution and throw ins the better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

McGinley was the only player to come away with any credit...Grimshaw having the right back position sewn up is a worry as he is awful

I'd play Mark O'Hara there before him. That was a horrendous performance. We let a better right back leave. 

McGinley had a better second half but there were a few times his touch was that bad that it completely done the Ross County player. 

Some varied opinions on tonight.  Robbo has a lot to answer for regarding formation.   Biggest surprise was seedorf who looked very lively.   Big worry is fitness which looks shocking.   And can we have different people on set pieces. Polworth and Donnelly honking.   Let's get big response (and Campbell back) for Saturday...COYW

4 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Poor performance, really poor actually. Not surprising though, the unusual pre-season wasn’t ideal for forging a best 11 from such a big squad. Hopefully we can look more purposeful and sharper come Saturday. I struggle to see how we fit Turnbull and Polworth into the same team though. 

Just play Turnbull. It's not complicated.

Boyd just said County were back training earlier than us. It definitely showed. 

We were pretty hopeless, but still played one hundred percent more football than County. Sums up Scottish football really.

Should have got at least a point, but missed decent chances and a penalty, you probably don't deserve anything.

Going to be late for work now, and given the way things are going, I bet I get a right bollocking from the boss.*

*As I am self employed I will need to give myself a good talking to.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Well Well said:

I would still take Lang for £300k well worth the money. Can't wait for the manager to explain that formation, absolutely no balance. 

Not judging him on 40 mins but that wasnt a £300k performance.    As for the formation...yep totally agree.....let's hear robbo try and explain it....totally bizarre 

13 minutes ago, Lobey_Dosser said:

Biggest question  of the night is around Campbell’s 90 mins on the bench...

You have to assume he's not fit or carrying a niggle or something.

Robinson must know what his record is when Campbell doesn't play.  If he doesn't know it's P12 W2 D2 L8.  Well now it's P13 W2 D2 L9!

• Like 1

How to beat Motherwell = everyone behind the ball and motherwell will pass the ball along the halfway line and backwards .

Worked last season and looks like it will this year as well.  Get your finger out Robbo.

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)