Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)

GazzyB

People going on about our throw ins. Cant be easy for the thrower if nobody moves and shows for the ball. Motherwell have been like this forever...

Gardyne overreaction again to get a player sent off. Booking yes for a professional foul. But never serious or dangerous play. Hope we appeal it but given we aint the old firm it wont be overturned.

Well what a disappointing night. First half was awful, second best by a mile with little energy. No idea what Robinson had in his head putting Turnbull out wide, frankly a ludicrous decision given his experience as a manager, it backfired badly. We had nothing coming in from the flanks with the Ross County full back having Hastie in his pocket. Grimmy has an absolute mare doing nothing right l, could not even find a Motherwell player from a throw in. Far better second half which should have seen us gain a point. Terrible penalty although in my view slightly soft anyway.  There were however some positives with Seedorf surprisingly being one of them, not his biggest fan but I can’t deny he was effective. Lang will end up been an excellent signing, should not have been a red card. McGinley got better as the game went on and I thought Lamie did ok. 

5 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Big game and big decisions for Robinson on Saturday 

1.      What to do about right back position

2.      Turnbull or Polworth both can’t play in same team

3.      Do we go back to 2 wingers ( 1 of them not Turnbull)

4        Who the feck takes penalties if we get one

Turnbull 

5 minutes ago, wellwell91 said:

Big game and big decisions for Robinson on Saturday 

1.      What to do about right back position

2.      Turnbull or Polworth both can’t play in same team

3.      Do we go back to 2 wingers ( 1 of them not Turnbull)

4        Who the feck takes penalties if we get one

1.  Donnelly for short term

2. Turnbull 

3. Yes....seedorf and lang

4. Turnbull or anyone apart from Donnelly 

• Like 1

Just now, Welldaft Mk1 said:

I suspect we don’t have one yet. Simple as that. 
We were all over LinkedIn last few weeks actively touting sponsorship. After tonight might be tougher. 

Certainly difficult times as money is tight and businesses are cutting back. Fingers crossed we get something sorted 

I’d take Hartley and Tait over Lamie and Grimshaw any day of the week. They weren’t the answer either but the two we have on the books are bereft of quality. The amount of times Gallagher pointed to space for Lamie to step into which he never did was utterly embarrassing to watch.  A wee bit of ‘Hartley style’ leadership was sorely missing tonight 

3 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I’d take Hartley and Tait over Lamie and Grimshaw any day of the week. They weren’t the answer either but the two we have on the books are bereft of quality. The amount of times Gallagher pointed to space for Lamie to step into which he never did was utterly embarrassing to watch.  A wee bit of ‘Hartley style’ leadership was sorely missing tonight 

We missed Hartley defending and attacking corners as well. 

• Like 1

I'm as disappointed as everyone else but a bit of realism required surely.

1 polworth was on all free kicks last year and Donnelly was on penalties but definitely turnbull should be on them all as he is a better and more confident player.

2. Robbo tried to get his 2 most creative players in team (turnbull and polworth) and it didn't work. He changed it and we dominated. 

3. Lang sending off if upheld then I look forward to seeing every week same for other teams. Yes it was no attempt at ball but in opposition half with covering players.

4. Seedorf looked gd when on and with lang on other wing we will create loads  hopefully.

I am trying to see positives of which in 2nd half there were many plus the chances long had in 1st half. This was only our 5th game back and Ross county do what their gd at if they get in front which is time waste and frustrate tactics.

• Andy_P changed the title to Season 2020'21: Game 1 Ross County (A)