New Motherwell supporter here

Blue3

The money on offer makes the EPL a ruthless place to work as a manager.  The fact that many clubs are owned and run by sketchy billionaires who aren't averse to dodgy deals (or worse) just adds to the ruthlessness.

The upside to being a manager there is, if you get sacked, the payoff from your contract will probably be more than most of us will earn in a lifetime.

Welcome Blue3!

I too applaud your choice of Scottish club! We have a rich history, not only in Scotland, but also in the world game. Not sure there have been too many links between the 2 clubs over the years. Off the top of my head only Jamie Murphy, Mark McGhee and Ben Hall spring to mind.

Obviously you will be aware we are a community based, fan owned club so I trust these ideals blend in with your opening gambit about moving here!

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum, but before we go any further, you need to answer the most important question on here.....

Are you a happy clapper or a doom monger?

:D:D:D

19 minutes ago, GazzyB said:

No offence but I always wanted Brighton to go down after they sacked Chris Hughton after keeping them up.

Much like I was fucking delighted Watford went down when they sacked Nigel Pearson with 2 games to go after getting them from 20th to 17th.

No offence taken I thought we were going to be relegated but post lockdown we were a team revitalised while other results all went our way.

Can only say good things about CH a throughly nice man  any team in the Championship with the right investment will have a great chance of promotion under his leadership plus he's a wizz at being able to keep teams in the top flight by playing the percentage game which can be effective if a little dull to watch  I hope he's back in football very soon as it's a poorer place without him.

Watford franchise football these days I expect their team to be full of Italian loan players for next season

Nigel Pearson I thought when he came in Watford were dead and buried he got them into a great position prior to lockdown somthing happened within the team during that period and post lockdown they were awful and deservedly went down stupid sacking with two games to go

Anyway enough of that I am here to support Motherwell and tonight's game will be the first time I have seen them play, I am aware that we have had the better of resent games over Ross County but it's a new season and no one wants to loose the first game so I expect a tight game I have to admit I really don't know any of the players but I am excited to see them, so based on absolutely no knowledge what so ever I am going for a 2-1 win for the good guys 

2 minutes ago, Blue3 said:

No offence taken I thought we were going to be relegated but post lockdown we were a team revitalised while other results all went our way.

Can only say good things about CH a throughly nice man  any team in the Championship with the right investment will have a great chance of promotion under his leadership plus he's a wizz at being able to keep teams in the top flight by playing the percentage game which can be effective if a little dull to watch  I hope he's back in football very soon as it's a poorer place without him.

Watford franchise football these days I expect their team to be full of Italian loan players for next season

Nigel Pearson I thought when he came in Watford were dead and buried he got them into a great position prior to lockdown somthing happened within the team during that period and post lockdown they were awful and deservedly went down stupid sacking with two games to go

Anyway enough of that I am here to support Motherwell and tonight's game will be the first time I have seen them play, I am aware that we have had the better of resent games over Ross County but it's a new season and no one wants to loose the first game so I expect a tight game I have to admit I really don't know any of the players but I am excited to see them, so based on absolutely no knowledge what so ever I am going for a 2-1 win for the good guys 

All you need to know is....

"Its magic, you know, Davy Turnbull and Campbell...."

Enjoy!

#coyw #siwy

8 minutes ago, joewarkfanclub said:

Welcome Blue3!

I too applaud your choice of Scottish club! We have a rich history, not only in Scotland, but also in the world game. Not sure there have been too many links between the 2 clubs over the years. Off the top of my head only Jamie Murphy, Mark McGhee and Ben Hall spring to mind.

Obviously you will be aware we are a community based, fan owned club so I trust these ideals blend in with your opening gambit about moving here!

Hope you enjoy your time on the forum, but before we go any further, you need to answer the most important question on here.....

Are you a happy clapper or a doom monger?

:D:D:D

I am always positive and expect Motherwell win somthing this season so I guess that makes me a happy clapper

• Like 1

Just now, Blue3 said:

I am always positive and expect Motherwell win somthing this season so I guess that makes me a happy clapper

Brilliant! You will do for me!

Have fun with Steelboy! :D

(Sorry Steelboy, couldnt resist!)

Welcome to Steelmen Blue3. If you want to find out more about Motherwell, look for Mark McGhee jogging about Brighton. He may not be a fan's favourite, but my son (who lives in Hove, and is Well daft) bumped into MMc a few weeks ago and had a great chat with him. He claims our 07/08 line up, with Clarkson, Porter, McCormack, was the inspiration for Klopp's Liverpool! 

JS94923496.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gullane said:

Welcome to Steelmen Blue3. If you want to find out more about Motherwell, look for Mark McGhee jogging about Brighton. He may not be a fan's favourite, but my son (who lives in Hove, and is Well daft) bumped into MMc a few weeks ago and had a great chat with him. He claims our 07/08 line up, with Clarkson, Porter, McCormack, was the inspiration for Klopp's Liverpool! 

JS94923496.jpg

Mark Magee worked miracles down here on a shoe string will always be a hero some how he managed to get Celtic to buy one of our players for £1 million when we were about to face yet another court action for unpaid taxes which kept us afloat just

2 hours ago, Blue3 said:

Mark Magee worked miracles down here on a shoe string will always be a hero some how he managed to get Celtic to buy one of our players for £1 million when we were about to face yet another court action for unpaid taxes which kept us afloat just

He managed to talk Celtic into signing Virgo as his best mate was the manager.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Blue3 said:

We have a winner was it the 1901 date that gave it away as a quick Google of 1901  brings up Brighton and Hove Albion

I lived down in Moulescomb for a bit in the early 90s.  I actually used to get the bus up here at the weekends to go to Motherwell games.  The enthusiasm of youth!  

Remembering going to a Brighton v Liverpool  FA Cup match.  Think it was 2-2 and Liverpool scored late to take it to a replay but my memory is hazy.  It was a long time ago and those were the days of unrestrained, reckless abandon.....

20 hours ago, gullane said:

JS94923496.jpg

The team that "was like watching Brazil!"

:lol::lol::lol:

21 hours ago, The African said:

Greetings to Blue3. Hope you enjoy the ride. As a Brighton fan you already have something in common with most Motherwell fans. We also think that Gordon Smith is a w@nk*r.

No quite the opposite Gordon Smith has been a great supporter of all this Brighton in the community over years we can always count on Gordon turning up to support charity events he just can't live down and smith must score it haunts him

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

I lived down in Moulescomb for a bit in the early 90s.  I actually used to get the bus up here at the weekends to go to Motherwell games.  The enthusiasm of youth!  

Remembering going to a Brighton v Liverpool  FA Cup match.  Think it was 2-2 and Liverpool scored late to take it to a replay but my memory is hazy.  It was a long time ago and those were the days of unrestrained, reckless abandon.....

That sounds like a typical university life 

4 hours ago, Blue3 said:

No quite the opposite Gordon Smith has been a great supporter of all this Brighton in the community over years we can always count on Gordon turning up to support charity events he just can't live down and smith must score it haunts him

I am sure that he is a decent enough guy, and that his heart is in the right place, but as an ex Rangers " corner boy" ( my grandfathers unflattering description) he is never going to be popular at Fir Park. I will also throw in that fact that, as a pundit for BBC Scotland, he, on more than one occasion, championed the idea that, if leading by a single goal with a couple of minutes remaining, it was better to hit a shot off target to waste time rather than get it on target and increase your lead. A true exponent of the beautiful game. And did I mention that he played for Rangers?

I bet he secretly hates John Motson.

• Haha 1